NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-06-16, 16:52)drhill Wrote:
(2015-06-16, 16:48)ozkhan1 Wrote:
(2015-06-16, 16:45)drhill Wrote: If you use the TV remote it will put the shield to sleep. In previous firmware the TV remote couldn't turn on the shield, but a poster on the Nvidia boards said to try the exit button (for Samsungs) to turn it on after the 1.2 firmware. I'll try that later. I use CEC for my family room and intend to for the bedroom. Android M is supposed to (via Nvidia rep) bring a standard method for voice control. If someone releases a remote with media buttons and number keys with voice control I'll buy some of them.

In my theater I have to use the Harmony because the boxes are 50 feet away in another room. I am thinking about trying CEC with the receiver in there but it would require an IR repeater, unless I can do CEC via the Harmony remote and shooting the commands into my receiver (projector remote doesn't have all the needed buttons). Harmony sometimes gets confused with on/off and input switching and it would be nice to allow CEC to handle that and on/off stuff.

I know that, but like I said on SAMSUNG TVs its Stupid CEC, The only Samsung remote keys that work are the arrows and back. None of the other ones do. I have a qwerty Vizio remote I am using with FLIRC and I like having the ability to customize the different buttongs. CEC does not offer that luxury.

Weird. Must be per model. My samsung has play,pause, ff, rew, stop as well as red, blue, yellow, and green all working. Also, all the number keys and the dash key (which I used keymap addon in kodi for the home screen). My only complaint (if turning on the box works now) is to use the Android home key have to hit "tools" then down and ok to engage "Shield Menu" via Samsung's GUI.

If I could do that with my TV, I would be ecstatic but I guess mine is a cheaper model. Its a smart tv but I only paid like 500 bucks for it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by ozkhan1 - 2015-06-16, 16:54
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9