NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-07-02, 03:06)wesk05 Wrote: I take it that you have ultrasonic super tweeters to playback the effects of Akira Hypersonic edition. Slightly off-topic, if you and your friends can differentiate 24/192 audio from the others, then it is absolutely impressive. You all have Golden Ears!

I can't differentiate the higher bitrates but can when something has been forcefully resampled (badly), especially to a non-multiple of the native sources sample rate. Sometimes its obvious ticks and the like, sometimes its more subtle. Depends on the resampling method used. If it was running though the SoX resampler its less obvious (to unnoticeable) but right now even redbook 44.1 CD audio is being resample and output as 48 by the Android framework.

Most of my music is 16/44.1, some of my music is in 24/96 vinyl rips or some SACD rips that are 24/88 (some are DSD/DXD format as well).

This is not a new issue with Android. Its been there forever, but I had thought 5.0 L fixed it when it brought official USB DAC support. Turns out internal DACs supported 24/192 but USB DAC output was capped at 24/48. Being that audio is being pushed out to an external DAC via HDMI, it might be Kodi is running into this resampling?

Only two apps that I know of "fixed" this issue. HibyMusic and USB Audio Player Pro. Not sure how Hiby does it, but UAPP had to created a custom USB driver to get it to work. This is in regards to a USB DAC, perhaps HDMI output is the same or it might be a non-issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by BuddyRich - 2015-07-02, 15:02
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9