NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
24.000hz is supported. I don't believe 59.94hz is supported. I believe it is just 60hz but I don't have anyway of testing that definitively. Live Channels and 59.94 content in Kodi does not trigger refresh rate switches. That means it is either already 59.94 or only 60hz is supported. Honestly, although I really do want 23.976hz and 59.94hz I have not noticed any issues with frame repetition being noticeable for me. Though I haven't done much serious viewing because of the lack of DTS-HD* audio handling, which most of my content is. Most of the content is 23.976 as well. So while I would be annoyed if those two aren't eventually included it may not actually matter.

I believe 7.1 LPCM is as well, but I'd have to double check later when I get home.

Quote:Yes. But hasn't been yet.
Which is why I said should. Wink

Quote:Yes - very powerful SoC. Remains to be seen how soon it becomes an amazing Kodi platform. Because it could. Netflix HD (4K?) and Kodi on the same box would be amazing. Kodi supporting HEVC at 2160/60p over HDMI 2.0 would be groundbreaking.
Yes it does Netflix in 4k but I cannot test as I went with a very good 1080p projector over 4k. My reasoning is that the two things that would make the cost differential worth is for me would be sports, which are not in 4k, and games, which I don't want to deal with doing PC builds (and cost) anymore.

Very powerful for an ARM chipset. Responsiveness is very close to a Chromebox in the UI. VC-1 in software is indistinguishable from a blu ray player (though I would pay or possible root to enable in hardware). The one question I still have about this box is deinterlacing support. When they added mpeg2 hardware support it was said to have "the good deinterlacing". Kodi only says that bob and bob-inverted when I watch my 1080i documentaries. Now when I do a (bad) a-b comparison between the Shield and my Chromebox with VAAPI-MCDI on that content I struggle to see a difference. Koying (nor anyone from Nvidia) has never addressed my questions about the deinterlacing capabilities.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by drhill - 2015-07-28, 20:54
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9