NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
I am running dvblink server for my pvr on a synology nas with a hdhomerun extend. My FireTV looked awful for a long time when watching tv streams on my 32in 720p tv in the bedroom (super interlaced and jittery). In some of the more recent jarvis versions it has gotten remarkably better. I just got a shield about 2 weeks ago to replace the main living room htpc. I haven't noticed any of the interlacing problems that I had on the firetv with this one. My only gripe is that when the ethernet is connected it had a judder about every 45 sec while watching a stream I was currently recording and timeshifting. After the show was finished recording it would play fine, and oddly if I unplugged the ethernet and went wifi it would work fine as well during recording. Problem with that was my other wireless devices on other computers were running very sluggish (office and router is behind tv wall). I need to check that again after some new versions of kodi/pvr backend software have been released since noticing the issue (slipped my mind until writing this post).

Long story short, live tv is a success for me here for the most part, looks great as far as I can tell.

On another note, is anyone else having issues getting cec volume on their avr working properly? I just got a new onkyo tx-nr646 and know very little about properly getting it going, and not had much google luck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Spellman - 2015-11-26, 02:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9