NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-11-29, 12:24)mahockey Wrote:
(2015-11-28, 23:00)pappaganush Wrote: Hi,

Has anybody run into problems regarding wake up from sleep and HDMI handshakes with the Shield? I do not have a shield (yet anyhow) but have a Nexus Player also based on Android TV with which I have issues. Connected to my Panasonic plasma directly I do not have any problems but I cannot wake the device up from sleep if connected to the TV through my Pioneer AVR (only sound is heard but image remains black). Do any of you have any issues like this with the Shield (as both devices are based on Android TV)? I have seen mentioned issues similar on the Nvidia forum but the posts are inconclusive. Just asking before I invest my money in yet another box... Any input would be welcome!

(2015-11-29, 01:15)artou Wrote:
(2015-11-28, 23:00)pappaganush Wrote: Hi,

Has anybody run into problems regarding wake up from sleep and HDMI handshakes with the Shield? I do not have a shield (yet anyhow) but have a Nexus Player also based on Android TV with which I have issues. Connected to my Panasonic plasma directly I do not have any problems but I cannot wake the device up from sleep if connected to the TV through my Pioneer AVR (only sound is heard but image remains black). Do any of you have any issues like this with the Shield (as both devices are based on Android TV)? I have seen mentioned issues similar on the Nvidia forum but the posts are inconclusive. Just asking before I invest my money in yet another box... Any input would be welcome!

Handshaking yes, check this thread:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...ing-video/

Ahhhh balls this could be a show stopper for me, and has me considering cancelling my order/delivery.

One of the main reasons I was purchasing the Nvidia Shield was because I was having similar HDMI drop outs using Rpi2--->Panasonic AVR--->BenQ W1070+ projector.

I found a bit of a work around which involved turning down the resolution of the KODI gui but I didn't like the loss in image quality of menus etc.
It did reduce the HDMI drop outs whilst watching PVR/HD streams from my STB via Vu+ add on. But I was hoping the buying a Nvidia would resolve this, but reading the forum linked above some users are experiencing identical issues using the Nvidia shield.

Boooooooooo

From what I gather from other fora it is very manufacturer dependent. I have already written to Pioneer support but haven't got any reply yet.
I have seriously considered buying a new AVR by bringing my media player to the local electronics store to test the new AVR before purchase. It seems Denon, Pioneer and from the quote Panasonic is most often reported as affected. Sony is maybe an option...
An annoying problem to say the least!

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by pappaganush - 2015-11-29, 12:38
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9