NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-12-02, 23:10)Kashika Wrote:
(2015-12-02, 22:58)underworld123 Wrote:
(2015-12-02, 22:46)Kashika Wrote: Hi guys,

Just got my shield setup. I've got a QNAP NAS which also had XBMC running, so I've already had a similar setup ready.
I got that setup working with NFS, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why my Shield cannot browse folders via NFS.
It works with SMB though and I can play my files.

The permissions via my NAS are correct (since NFS works on another XBMC setup). Whenever I browse the network for folders, I can see my NAS' IP address. And then I can highlight my video folder, but I cannot select it. Adding it doesn't help and won't let me view any files.

The reason I'm trying to use NFS is because my bigger files have terrible audio stutter. The video is seconds ahead of the audio and at some point it just cuts away completely, bringing me back to the main menu. I'm hoping accessing my files via NFS solves this.

I'd really appreciate some help with this, if anyone knows what I'm talking about Smile

I have had similar issues in the past. In my experience, instead of browsing for NFS shares, you may be better off manually typing the path in "Add Network Location". You can use the other Kodi installation to obtain the full path or better just copy the sources.xml file from the old installation.

Thanks for the tip. Just tried this, but I get the message "Remote share; Couldn't connect to network server".
It also warns me when trying to add it that it might not be able to sync properly because it cannot find the network drive.

I just realized that your earlier installation was on the NAS itself, which can make it easier for NFS shares. Can you access the folder from other devices? I am wondering that your NFS shares may not be set correctly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by underworld123 - 2015-12-02, 23:53
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9