NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-12-18, 10:46)JakeF Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 10:00)abpostelnicu Wrote: Hello guys,

So disregard my last pot, the shield when in it's sleep it keeps the cec connection alive, witch is great. As a previous user opf rpi2 and pi 1 with openelec i have some pros and cons but i think that the cons can definetly be solved. First i want to mention that my setup is:
- Receiver Denon AV-1713 with 2.0 floor standing Heco Price speakers
- TV Panasonic 42GT30 Plasma

PROS:
1. image quality - i don't think it's placebo but image quality is miles better and also the motion it seems to be blurry less.
2. everything is very snappy and the lag that was present on rpis is gone.
3. hdmi-cec works everywhere on the system, so i basically can control the shield only from my remote

CONS:
3. HDMI-CEC is not working as it used two on rpis the only thing that is no longer working is the option key from the remote, it works on other applications such in youtube but in kodi it doesn't work. on rpis when i was pressing option key let's say in the movie list a contextual menu was popping from where i was able to select different action on the current selected title, such as mark as watched, delete from library etc.

Taking all of these into account i think thet shield is the best investment for a htpc, dispite that it doesn't support hd bitstream in kodi, but as i've read though this forum it will be added in the future releases. Regarding my problem what can i do to make cec work with option key, how do i program it. I think that there must be a config file for kodi where the key codes are mapped with actions.

Regards,
Andi

I agree. The Shield is the best bang for the buck buy ATM. At 167€ incl. VAT in Denmark with the remote, it's a good deal. I got three for the house at black friday.

The infrared support in Shield also allows for me to keymap buttons in the kodi "Keymapper" add-on, so my Sony TV remote can perform common functions like library update, film info, the context menu and codec info. Longpress on the Shield remote should be implemented soon too, I read somewhere, if you would rather use that.

Also, Four player BombSquad is just too awesome! Big Grin

Ok to see if i got this right:

1. you disabled cec support from kodi
2. you maped your ir remote in order to send message to shield that redirects it to kodi?

THX

Messages In This Thread
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by abpostelnicu - 2015-12-18, 10:52
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9