NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-02-03, 00:02)falc410 Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's actually a new feature of Jarvis. It renders the UI in FullHD but the movies will be in 4K. Because rendering the UI at 4K would take too much CPU time for some skins.

I did play around with my Shield for a couple of days but I really don't understand why it's being recommended so often. Yes it can play back HEVC 10-bit but still not all UHD Demo Movies I could find. Most of them have the .ts extension - Kodi refuses to play these.

And even with the latest Jarvis RC2 Pass-through build, pass-through is not performing good enough for production use. There is always some distorted sound when fast forwarding or pausing / stopping the movie. And half of my movies won't even play with sound at all. If I use the official Isengard 15.2 release, which should at least feature DTS pass-through, I have only crackling sounds when enabling it.

So hooray, I can watch all content but in stereo only. So in the future I can decide between a good picture (Shield) or good sound (any Linux / Intel box). Sad

The crackling on DTS is because the Shield volume has been lowered. The Shield volume needs to be maxed for it to pass thru.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Metallifux - 2016-02-03, 10:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9