NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-02-03, 21:07)falc410 Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 18:10)ozkhan1 Wrote: The shield is widely regarded as the best Android player and it is being dedicatedly supported from various corners. I dont think it will take very long for v 17 to come out. And besides Kodi, the impressive hardware supports 4K Netflix which may not be a feature on your list but still should be enough from questioning its existence.

By the way, how is it that ALL SMART TVs come with Android TV? I am curious to know. Can you please let me know which Samsung model has built in Android TV?

That's why I bought in the first place, but I don't understand why it is regarded as "the best Kodi player" currently. I can picture it in like 6 months I guess, but right now? Not really - since there is nearly no 4K content besides Streaming.

You are right, not ALL TVs come with Android TV. I don't know about Samsung (I think they use Tizen or something like this, similar to what they use on their smartwatches). I know that Sony and Philips use Android and there should be a few more brands. My TV comes with a Netflix button right on the remote and also Android TV - same as the Shield.

I think the best kodi player title comes with a aveat about a few things which you already know about and the understanding some of the drawbacks would be resolved in the coming releases. Most people here including me want something that can provide a good kodi experience along with the ability to use other ap such as netflix, provide some future proofing, solid support, minimum set up pains, etc.

From that point of view, it is the best option available "to me" .. everybody's needs are different so you may not consider it the best player for you.

But it is also a bit unfair to completely rubbish it and declare it worthless. It is definitely the best android kodi player in the market.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by ozkhan1 - 2016-02-04, 19:08
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9