NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
Has anyone been able to set a Static IP address for a wired connection in the Shield....?

I just bought one yesterday and the first thing that it did was to update itself. After I installed and setup Kodi without issue and all works fine. BUT.....

Using DHCP and all is well but if I manually try and assign an IP address it will not work, even after shutting it down and restarting it states no connection.

I am manually assigning 192.168.1.202 ( a known free address) with the right Gateyway address of my router and the last setting set to 24, as suggested.

Going back to DHCP and it will then work right away assigning its own IP address.

I removed my Pi 3 from the same Ethernet cable (re[placed it with the Shield) which in turn is connected to a Switch. No issues with assigning IP address with the Pi or then again no issues doing that with any other of my devices or PC's.

I would prefer to assign my own so any suggestions please....?

The only other issue that I'm aware of is that SPMC will not play any HD material with DTS or DD sound, I just get a black picture which is paused on the video. If I disable passthrough sound it will play.
I use a Turtle Beach USB sound stick and passthrough to my Logitech Z5500 speakers with it.
Testing with RAW or IEC makes no difference for the passthrough, just disabling it will allow the films to play.

Using Kodi 16.1 RC2 and the passthrough is great and works every time with both sound and picture working.

I posted about that in the SPMC thread.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Vimes - 2016-03-30, 08:55
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9