NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
The last "update", this weekend, toasted my YouTube subscriptions. As they were missing I thought well I just need to sign in. I went to the YouTube Sign in icon and clicked on it only to get a message that there was a problem with my YouTube account.

All other apps like Netflix and Kodi seemed fine and the shield never asked for a new google sign in;

After I closed out the error message and tried to sign in again, the "sign in" icon was no longer there. Tried rebooting the shield with no results.Icon still missing.

I finally went to system apps and Google Play and it asked me to sign in which I did.

Now going back to YouTube the "sign in" icon was restored.

Upon selecting it I got a message that the One touch sign in failed. but it did display my log in name so I selected it then hit OK. Closed out the YouTube app and came back in and all was well.

Come on, just how many inferior programmers are writing buggy code for this stuff. Glad they don't write code for airplanes.

So far I have not seen any "FEATURES" that this update made which were worth the aggravation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by wurlizer1928 - 2016-07-05, 21:46
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9