NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
I actually went ahead and preordered a Wetek Play 2, which will release in early Sept. The support for bugs/issues from Wetek is way better than NV it seems like.

For me the Shield still doesnt do auto-framerate switching properly in SPMC etc. and has some other bugs.

Yes the Wetek doesnt Support Netflix 4k with more than stereo (yet), but as iV1n5 mentioned- most 4k TVs have a native App that supports it or will support in the future. Another thing is that the Netflix 4k is just some low-bitrage gargabe that doesnt even look better than 1080p when you compare it directly.

I mean its no suprise as well, when Netfix 4k content is encoded at 14-16 Mbit most of the time.

Plus I dont even consider Netflix to be a must-have App with full 4K support for a Media Player. While its nice to have for those who actually use it, I still consider my own library 50x more important than what Netflix offers and the quality of Blurays or proper Encodes is still significantly better than those shit streams at 6 Mbit/s for 1080p on Netflix. Not to mention most of the time, the quality of Blurays is even better when upscaled to 4k, when comparing directly to 4k Netflix streams.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by 8-BaLL - 2016-08-21, 16:02
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9