NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
I don't have any qualms with Davilla or MrMC (the software), he's an awesome coder that has done a lot for Kodi. Hell, I've still got a mental picture of the guy as a John Romero rockstar coder that would fit right into HBO's Silicon Valley.. But let's not turn this into discussion about CV (or future CV including long-term replacement for Python addons). This is only about his behavior after he forked Kodi. I see tongue-in-cheek comments, and self promotion all the time. Now, I'm just a nobody user on the forum, but I still know it's wrong. I might or might not feel stronger about this if I was connected to Team Kodi. Having this view is not "pushing the project away". The only person pushing anything away would be Davilla himself, but I don't think that is the case either.

Earlier I was commenting on MrMC as crippled (as of today), and I still stand by it in the context of discussing Kodi/Shield/Android on Kodi forums. MrMC being awesome/sucky in itself won't change that view. It was literally a comment. I can't sugarcoat every comment. Just imagine if everybody had to sugarcoat every comment on github/bug tracker.. We're all in the same boat here, and nobody is getting paid..well except.. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by Soli - 2016-08-26, 10:27
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9