NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
A lot of videos I'm playing through Shield seem to be out of sync by a tiny little bit especially in Kodi - enough to be mostly noticeable especially seeing lip movement when people talk. I have tried these same videos on other devices and they are correctly synced with the video. It's very annoying to see people talking and it's just a tiny bit out of sync - it's one of those things you don't really notice until you see and hear it then you can't help not noticing.

Even YouTube app in Shield appears to be a tiny little bit out of sync. I get sync issues with mkv files in Kodi and outside Kodi. Some files sync fine but most don't.

Is there a fix for this? I have tried messing with delaying/speeding up audio in the hdmi setting option of shield but this seems to make no difference even if I slide the bar all the way across - it affects the bouncing ball sound but nothing outside it. I have also tried delaying audio in the file when it plays by selecting the speaker icon and again this doesn't affect it. I tried adjusting these audio settings in Shield by tiny increments going left and right but no change.

This is driving me mad. There must be a fix surely? I have tried rebooting Shield and coming out of a hard reset on shield as I read it could be related to sleep mode but again this didn't help either.

It's definitely a Shield software/firmware issue as the same files and YouTube are correctly synced on my other devices.

Great device I've only owned it for a week but this has really soured my experience with it. It happens with most (not all) video I've played on Shield so far. Connected via HDMI.
Posted 13 hours ago

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by boco77 - 2016-09-30, 14:45
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9