NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-11-21, 09:36)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-11-21, 08:56)ozkhan1 Wrote: Is it worth spend Money on? From what I keep hearing Kodi foundation has zero android developers and probably won't see much progress with the android port in the future

I have mixed feelings about the short term support for Kodi on Android, but more faith in long term support. As in, internal disagreements/silly games might be played for a version or two, but the platform has massive demand and at least two highly qualified developers who are still very interested in working on the Android platform (even if that is outside of "official" channels). With luck, the best version to use will still be called "Kodi", but one way or another, there will be something to use that is well supported.

That being said, v17 works a lot better than I originally expected. It's perfectly usable on most Android boxes, including the Shield. The Shield is probably the safest Android buy, due to the excellent firmware support from Nvidia and the Shield's ability to strong arm a lot of video decoding (in the event there is an issue with hardware video acceleration, the CPU can safely do just about anything up to 1080).

IMO, the Nvidia Shield TV is worth every penny even today.

Thanks for the detailed response. Sort of validated my perception that Android seems to be too popular a platform
To be neglected the long term.

I was not a huge fan till I got the shield and it Is the only thing attached to my main tv at the moment so I was disappointed to read some comments here about the uncertain Kodi android future.

I happen to love it and its versatility and hope the next shield is a step up and not a step down to a cheaper box.

The local Best Buy has tons of them and I was thinking about the pro version for the second room. Just holding out to see if shield two comes out before Christmas.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by ozkhan1 - 2016-11-21, 19:33
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9