NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
Hi everyone,

sorry if these questions have been asked before it's just so much stuff to read and sometimes new software has already fixed. I have played with Wetek devices the last 2 days and I am totally disappointed as nothing worked as promised by them. So maybe someone can confirm for the Shield:

- Does the Shield support actual Kodi release (Kodi 17) or do you have to use Kodi 16 (e.g. SPMC). I really like the new Skin and I think there are several other improvements in 17 that are worth to be used. If not is there are development that it will work? I heard that Android and Kodi 17 does not really fit together,
- Does the Shield play all common video formats in Kodi especially HEVC 10bit on a 4K TV without any stuttering?
- What about Amazon Prime. I know it's not officially supported but if there's a working solution it would be good to know. Of course there's always a certain risk that Amazon will block.
- What about the deinterlacing quality of H.264 1080i streams (German TV for example) on a 4K TV. I had massive problems in the Wetek especially with the 4K res. With 1080 no issues.

Thanks

Alex

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by alex.ba - 2016-12-28, 20:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9