NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-01-07, 06:09)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-01-07, 05:47)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Man I'm really surprised Nvidia is literally selling the same hardware for Shield 2. Kind of a let down, but its still a pretty darn good piece of hardware..

It's been asked many times now, but I'll ask again. Why is it a let down? What do you think new hardware would bring to the table that can't already be done with the current hardware?

Until the software catches up, specifically Android, new hardware would do nothing to improve the experience.

If anything it should make both old and new owners happy. It means that Nviida isn't abandoning capable hardware for something new and shiny (which would probably bring no real value) and that there will be long term support going forward. If you pay a premium for good hardware it should last you a while and you should get support for it much longer than cheaper devices.

Like I said, still a great piece of hardware.

When a new Android phone comes out with the same hardware as the last version which is a year old its usually cheaper. Or they upgrade the hardware even if the old hardware was fine. And these phones still have good support if you buy a big name brand.

In the end I doubt it will sell all that great since most people will wait for a big price cut or the think its middleware with the new HDMI specs..

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by BORIStheBLADE - 2017-01-07, 15:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9