NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2017-01-13, 21:48)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi,

Can someone give me a complete muppets guide to copying files onto a shield TV? I got one last Prime day and never really used it but decided to set it up and see what it can do, problem is copying over files to the kodi directory! if I try ES then the files folder for kodi was first inaccessible but now I can and I get .kodi but that is empty. So I tried putting everything on a usb and try kodi's own file manager but no idea how to use it with the game controller as I don't have remote, all I can do is press 'Y' to change the color of a folder, god knows how you actually copy in kodi file manager on the shield tv.
You called Muppets Rescue..... we are here to help .... Wink

These are Mi Box Android TV instructions but the technique will be the same. The Strong suggestion is Uninstall the Adware, Crapware, Spyware, Over complicatedware App that ES File Explorer has become and install the better, easier to use X-Plore File manager App. Long press the OK button on the remote when hovering over the ES File Explorer App on the Android TV main desktop screen to Uninstall and re-arrange Icons.

Copying files from a PC.....

Quote:Use X-Plore App from Playstore, start WiFi server, note down the IP address under the WiFi server Icon.
Plug that address into a network connected Web browser on a PC, upload the Files to the Shield / Mi box's Download folder...
Hint: change X-Plore's config to Show Hidden Files can help as well.

Hint: Long press whatever the Shield uses for the OK button on the remote to access X-Plore Sub-menu's. Long pressing also brings up Sub-Menu's in Kodi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 12:08
RE: 64bit XBMC - by Dark_Slayer - 2015-12-30, 21:03
RE: 64bit XBMC - by nickr - 2015-12-30, 23:56
Wierd artifact appearing - by foghat - 2016-12-09, 03:28
RE: NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box) - by wrxtasy - 2017-01-14, 03:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9