How to change fonts in Zephyr?
Did you try to to allow deleting & renaming from Kodi under Settings > Appearance > File Lists ?!
Then replace your file from kodi file manager
I did and I receive a FAILED: Read Only File System...
Sad 
I´ve tried to raise the size of fonts with the steps at the top of this post. But no success. I´m doing something wrong, but I don´t have knowledge... Sad

I´s it possible than someone customize the skin to make a larger fonts (large option is not enogh for older people or far TVs), especially the summary?
I know this is an old thread but the font implementation is the weak link in this great skin, it's really small from the OSD controls to the summary text as mentioned above.
(2015-08-01, 18:53)passenger Wrote: I know this is an old thread but the font implementation is the weak link in this great skin, it's really small from the OSD controls to the summary text as mentioned above.

Have you tried using the "Large" font set in Appearance settings?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hey, I didn't want to sound mean or anything, it's just that I'm a graphic designer so I'm always bitching hehe. I did try the large option, it's what I use, but I don't think it's a size problem, it just that these types of condensed fonts are not great for UI, especially with lowercase letters or small sizes. Check this out http://tympanus.net/codrops/2012/03/20/c...-the-ugly/

I'm not sure which font is it, looks like Roboto condensed to me or similar, if that's the case then try some regular options see if it works better. It's a wonderful skin, I especially love the vertical menu and Android TV/Netflix feel.
Yes it is roboto condensed. I use regular roboto in my other skin - eminence. You can always just swap the fonts in the font directory (delete old ones and add new ones renamed with the same names). There are very limited options regarding good open source fonts - roboto and source sans pro are really the only viable options imho. So many skins use regular roboto and I wanted a slightly different feel with this one.
Oh I see, yes it must be hard to be limited to open source fonts only. I have eminence installed, which is great too, I'll copy the files from there, update the names and let you know, maybe even post some screenshots hehe, thanks!
I've tried it, in some cases it works ok but there's plenty of alignment errors as expected, mostly with Large set selected. And I understand what you were going for in other sections where condensed worked much better indeed. What do you think about combining both condensed and regular roboto? I think that have the potential to look perfect for this layout.
The font definitions are in 1080i/Font.xml

The file is fairly straightforward to edit. "Tiny" is the definition used for plot textboxes which I assume is the main area you are looking at for improved readability.

You can reload the skin to see the changes by pressing "S" on a keyboard to open the shutdown menu and then choosing "Reload Skin"
What actually works quite well is using RobotoCondensed-Light.ttf for Tiny rather than the Regular weighted font. The lighter font gives a sense of more space without actually changing the alignment (although looking at the Light font, I suspect it is a pixel or two taller)
Thanks, I don't have that much experience in customizing skins but I'll definitely try if it's that simple in this case.

Maybe you can offer different sets like Large (which I think it should be default really). Some simple suggestions for example is having the genres on top of the movie plot in all caps to differentiate it from both the actual title and the long text, things like that. The line spacing in long text is very small, it should be larger, this will improve legibility a lot without making the actual font size bigger.

Also check this out, maybe you already had: http://www.google.com/design/spec-tv/sty...aphy-style
The large text line spacing is something I hate but had to do to ensure text wasn't cut off in text boxes (default font has different line spacing) . Text boxes have to be the exact height that matches a multiple of font line height otherwise the bottom line of text gets cut off and it looks really ugly. So basically the large one is really just a hack. I know the fonts are a little on the small size. Nonetheless, I have no problems reading from the couch on my 42" TV. I can appreciate that may not be the case for smaller TVs hence the large font option.
(2015-08-03, 05:16)jurialmunkey Wrote: The font definitions are in 1080i/Font.xml

The file is fairly straightforward to edit. "Tiny" is the definition used for plot textboxes which I assume is the main area you are looking at for improved readability.

You can reload the skin to see the changes by pressing "S" on a keyboard to open the shutdown menu and then choosing "Reload Skin"

Hey Jurial, I know this is an old topic/thread but I wanted to change my main menu items font and have seen how to change AeonNoxSilvo (ANS) but of course the defined names are different in AZ. What is the font name that defines the main menu and submenu fonts? The options look to be "Large Bold" - "Large" - "Lyrics" - "Episode Number" - "Medium" - "Medium Bold" - "Small" - "Small Bold" - "Tiny" - "Tiny Bold" - "Mini" - "Button" - "Flag" - "EPGTimeline" - "Home" - "HomeIcon" - "WidgetSelector" - "font13" - "Clock"

So if I download a new font file (for example "NewFont.ttf") and save it in the skins FONT folder (...addons/skin.arctic.zephyr-master/fonts), will I be able to change the font for that corresponding name defined (in my case the main menu and/or submenu) in the ...addons/skin.arctic.zephyr-master/1080i/Font.xml to my "NewFont.ttf"?

I see there is Fallback Arial - Default - Large as the 3 different fontset id's and I currently use the Large from the Appearance settings. So would it be ok to change the name defined font (whichever is for main menu / submenu) in the LARGE fontset id ?

So let's say "Home" font definition is for main menu and submenu (I understand they may be different), could I change it to (as long as I have downloaded the NewFont.ttf and placed it in the Font folder of the skin):

<name>Home</name>
<style>uppercase</style>
<filename>NewFont.ttf</filename>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change fonts in Zephyr?1