Accessing online radio?
I would like to be able to access and select online radio stations on the remote without having a display connected like I can for my music library.
If I access it using the remote feature via a display it then appears on the remote screen, which is what I want. But switching back to my music causes this to go and I can't get the radio stations back without turning on the display again and using the remote to do it all again

Is this feature available and I am doing something wrong

Cheers

I am experimenting with my existing system but ideally I would like a fresh install on a RPi with no display at all just to play music, both online radio and my collection on the NAS
I don't know witch remote are you using... but try smatrfone and Yatse remote, Shoutcast2 addon. It works for me.
What about selecting radio stations with a button on your IR remote without having to turn on tv or smartphone?

This is what I did.

1) Create a playlist for every music genre you like and copy your playlist files to:
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\

2) Make a backup of your keyboard.xml (make sure backup file doesn't end with .xml !)
Keyboard.xml is located in:
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps\

3) Open keyboard.xml with Notepad and scroll to below section:
<zero>Number0</zero>
<one>Number1</one>
<two>Number2</two>
<three>Number3</three>
<four>Number4</four>
<five>Number5</five>
<six>Number6</six>
<seven>Number7</seven>
<eight>Number8</eight>
<nine>Number9</nine>

4) Map numeric keys to your playlists. For example:
<zero>PlayMedia(C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\90s.pls,playoffset=1)</zero>
<one>PlayMedia(C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\News.pls,playoffset=1)</one>
<two>PlayMedia(C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\Top40.pls,playoffset=1)</two>
<three>PlayMedia(C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\Jazz.pls,playoffset=1)</three>
<four>PlayMedia(C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\Rock.pls,playoffset=1)</four>
<five>PlayMedia(C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\Lounge.pls,playoffset=1)</five>
<six>PlayMedia(C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\Lightrock.pls,playoffset=1)</six>
<seven>PlayMedia(C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\Dance.pls,playoffset=1)</seven>
<eight>PlayMedia(C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\Sports.pls,playoffset=1)</eight>
<nine>PlayMedia(C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\playlists\music\Workmix.pls,playoffset=1)</nine>

5) Restart Kodi.
Press button '1' on your IR remote to listen to the news, press '2' for Top 40 music, etc.
If your playlist contains multiple URLs, press button 'SkipNext' to switch to the next radio station in your playlist.
(2015-03-05, 09:54)szpilasty Wrote: I don't know witch remote are you using... but try smatrfone and Yatse remote, Shoutcast2 addon. It works for me.

Thanks
I am using the official xbmc remote.
Are you saying try another as this function is not supported with this app?

Don't want to use the IR remote, just an app

The house has speakers in all rooms connected to linked amps. So idea is to to be able to access Xbmc from any tablet or phone, select a desired radio station or music from nas and output via the audio into the linked amps to come through the desired room. All this is away in the attic so don't want to have any physical control.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing online radio?0