Mod A Simple Confluence MOD
This thread is not for the Guys that want all the latest bells and whistles

Okay so what does a "Simple" MOD need? Even I can see CCM has again gone over the top.

Bearing in mind that code will get pulled from CCM for this as I will not be re-starting any code, so things like a custom menu will be in CCM style and not using a script like skin.shortcuts.
  • A custom menu
  • Backgrounds - Single or Multi ? Multi would only be as per older Confluence and not stuff like Live Content etc.
  • Widgets - Random and Suggested stuff obviously, but for the moment not widgets for playlists etc.
  • Menu bar - An option to lower ? It's obviously easier not to, but it is a common request.
Some other stuff will have to brought accross eg the custom menu stuff in CCM now includes a few UPnP options and I'm not going to spend time pulling them out, also a reset button is probably a good idea.

For the moment I think all the media views should stay as original Confluence, but any suggestions will need support with a couple of +1's not just the first post that comes along to say "I need/want"

So anyone interested ? - We also need a name for the MOD.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

A "Stripper" mod would be great for those of us running less horse power (appletv1 crystalbuntu). Less is better. Hell, I still use only file/folder view Wink

I guess the question is what to strip and what to keep. I try and hide all the things I dont use. No multi backgrounds. No widgets. But it would be nice to have some code taken out so it doesnt get loaded at all. But other folks want those "simple" things.

So it depends on what your view of simple is. All I really need is Video/folders, system, favourites. You can strip out the entire Library. But thats me Wink

Would like to see a simple confluence that includes large fonts for those of us using old standard TVs.
Had just decided no-one was interested as there has been over 60 posts in CCM-Helix thread in the same time as I first posted here.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Name should be Simplify, and of course that means make it easier or break it down!
I've been away... playing with uPnP a bit myself.
Boy is it messed up when it comes to "hide watched" in the TV section on my Kodi client. Pretty much every show with any watched episodes gets hidden, even if there are unwatched episodes! Makes it hard to look for new episodes to watch on a smaller TV in the bedroom (on my new $15 Ouya).
(2015-03-05, 10:03)Mudislander Wrote: This thread is not for the Guys that want all the latest bells and whistles

Okay so what does a "Simple" MOD need? Even I can see CCM has again gone over the top.

Bearing in mind that code will get pulled from CCM for this as I will not be re-starting any code, so things like a custom menu will be in CCM style and not using a script like skin.shortcuts.
  • A custom menu
  • Backgrounds - Single or Multi ? Multi would only be as per older Confluence and not stuff like Live Content etc.
  • Widgets - Random and Suggested stuff obviously, but for the moment not widgets for playlists etc.
  • Menu bar - An option to lower ? It's obviously easier not to, but it is a common request.
Some other stuff will have to brought accross eg the custom menu stuff in CCM now includes a few UPnP options and I'm not going to spend time pulling them out, also a reset button is probably a good idea.

For the moment I think all the media views should stay as original Confluence, but any suggestions will need support with a couple of +1's not just the first post that comes along to say "I need/want"

So anyone interested ? - We also need a name for the MOD.

Yes, I vote for this Big Grin I'm not clever with titles so something functional like Confluence Menu Mod works for me (the modifiable menu is the only 1 I care about - intended use on RPi.
Id like to see 7 Icons below & 7 Icons above and still have letter show up in the Search Keyboard..

ctx9
All I need is Multi-Image backgrounds back.

Why that is no longer even an option is beyond me. Why take out something that works perfectly and is a nice addition?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Simple Confluence MOD0