• 12(current)
Release Vimeo v4.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix
(is this really the only way to add a thread subscription?)
(2019-07-08, 02:27)matiasw Wrote: (is this really the only way to add a thread subscription?)

If you open a thread, down at the very bottom-left hand corner of the page you should find a number of options, including subscribing to the thread.

That is the normal way to subscribe, without any need for posting to it or suchlike. The other way to do it is to add a post to it, as there you will get the option as well (I presume that is the method you used and are referring to?).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2019-07-08, 11:18)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2019-07-08, 02:27)matiasw Wrote: (is this really the only way to add a thread subscription?)

If you open a thread, down at the very bottom-left hand corner of the page you should find a number of options, including subscribing to the thread.

That is the normal way to subscribe, without any need for posting to it or suchlike. The other way to do it is to add a post to it, as there you will get the option as well (I presume that is the method you used and are referring to?). 

Yeah ok I see it now, sorry, I tried to search the help and to edit my previous post to add the subscription, but didn't find a way to do it, so I added another post so that I could subscribe to the thread at the same time. Apparently, you can not edit or delete posts on this forum?
@matiasw - you will get those privs very shortly. They only become available after 10 posts plus a given account age (yours is fine on the latter, and you'll get the former in one or two posts's time).

It's an anti-spam measure, as we all too often get new accounts set up which post something innocent and then come back later and drop a spam payload by editing the post.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hello

Iam not able to login, it gives me invalid key.

my user name is just a word.

my password is just a case sensitive word.

Can´t figure out the problem.

I would also like to add a feature request because iam now wanting to populate my library only with premium and free services like vimeo, youtube, hbo, netflix, primevideo, crackle, popcornflix (who doesnt work on my country), snagfilms, filmin (doesn't exist yet) and youtube.

And for that i need all of them to export to smartplaylist, not library, because i setup my skin with playlists, it would be cool if i could add the strm link to a playlist, for vimeo content in particular is for shortruns or surfing movies.

my smartplaylists for library content is movies, animation movies, shortmovies, animation shortmovies, documentaries, series, animation series, documentarie series... might add e-learning course videos, surfing movies, videoclips (by googlemusic)... also would like to add music to library, just to albums playlist, from google music or spotify... 

this is my idea, aggregate all my services on kodi and legally populate my libraries, and no need to spend money on nas or clouds, on the long run is expensive but you are compiling with copyright.

At this point, none of the above addons does that, and i think that is a very good idea.
(2019-06-16, 02:28)jay.kody Wrote: Short update:
I'm currently rewriting the plugin and already got a working prototype. I'll release an alpha version in the next few weeks.

How's it going? Any progress?
I would love to have this addon working again.

Thanks.
(2019-08-10, 06:01)styleito Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 02:28)jay.kody Wrote: Short update:
I'm currently rewriting the plugin and already got a working prototype. I'll release an alpha version in the next few weeks.

How's it going? Any progress?
I would love to have this addon working again.

Thanks.  
Sadly there wasn't much progress... I hope I'll find some motivation to work on it next week.
In the meantime, here is the current prototype with a working search and play feature: https://github.com/jaylinski/kodi-addon-.../prototype
Built addon: https://send.firefox.com/download/3318dd...n63OG91WTg (link only valid for 7 days)
Thanks,
I'll try the prototype.
Fingers crossed that you find some motivation. Smile
Small update
I finished the basics of the plugin, which are search and featured videos.
But there are two issues remaining:
As soon as I have solved those issues, I will submit the plugin to the official repo.
First of all, thanks for your great work thus far! Will you also implement the ability to log into Vimeo as the old plug-in did? I subscribe to a service through Vimeo and need to authenticate in order to be able to watch their videos.
(2019-08-14, 11:11)Darkguy Wrote: First of all, thanks for your great work thus far! Will you also implement the ability to log into Vimeo as the old plug-in did? I subscribe to a service through Vimeo and need to authenticate in order to be able to watch their videos.

Yes, the plan is to provide all features the old plugin provided. But the first release will only contain the basic search functionality.
Update

I resolved the remaining issues and released the first alpha version: Please test and report issues here or on GitHub (https://github.com/jaylinski/kodi-addon-vimeo/issues).

Some background information (for those who are interested in the technical details):
AV1

Since mid 2018, there is a new video codec called AV1 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AV1). It's a royalty-free codec, which means that you don't have to pay patent holders in order to use it. For h264 and h265 (HEVC) Vimeo has to pay fees in order to use the codec. This also affects browser vendors like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. So every major video platform on the web and every browser vendor has a big incentive to move to the AV1 codec, since it saves money big time. Vimeo is one of those platforms: they already ship a lot of AV1 encoded videos.
But the AV1 codec is only one year old, thus there isn't hardware support yet. That's one of the reasons why Kodi doesn't support AV1 yet: the performance is still lacking (there is stuttering). This should soon change with dav1d (a very fast AV1 decoder).
Vimeo HLS
Vimeo provides HLS streams (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Live_Streaming). The Vimeo Kodi plugin is using those streams, since they are adaptive (the quality adjusts itself to the available bandwitdh).
But Vimeo already offers AV1 streams in their HLS playlists. Kodi tries to select those, but since the Vimeo HLS servers don't support AV1 codec in HLS yet, they simply return 404 HTTP errors. This shouldn't be an issue, but the underlying ffmpeg library doesn't handle those errors correctly and stops the playback (instead of using the working AVC1 streams). See issue https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16514. In addition, Kodi can't play AV1 streams yet.
So as a workaround, the plugin downloads the HLS playlists, removes all advertised AV1 streams, and returns the edited playlist to Kodi.
Kodi AV1 support
I already managed to compile Kodi with ffmpeg 4.2 and dav1d 0.2.2. It works nicely. But it will take some time until Kodi ships with an AV1 decoder (I hope it will be in Kodi v19).
I submitted the plugin to the official Kodi repository:
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-plugins/pull/2504
BIGGG THX man
I wait for this plugin very long.
If You need donation give me a button Wink
(2019-08-27, 14:36)fishfinger44 Wrote: BIGGG THX man
I wait for this plugin very long.
If You need donation give me a button Wink
Thanks. Smile I'm happy if I can contribute back to the Kodi community.

The Vimeo Add-on is now in the official repository (version 5.0.0).
If there are any issues or feature requests, please report them on GitHub (https://github.com/jaylinski/kodi-addon-vimeo/issues) or here in the forum.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vimeo v4.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix1