• 116(current)
Trakt.tv v3
(2020-07-02, 10:30)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-07-02, 10:10)ThatSlimGuy Wrote: any reply i had come back to me was in regards to a windows install and those people didnt have experience with an android side of things

The OS you are running on shouldn't make a difference.  The add-on is a python add-on running inside Kodi and therefore the experience should be the same across all supported platforms.  It is possible that your issue is Android specific of course but I wouldn't necessarily limit myself to just answers from one platform at this stage unless it can be confirmed to be a platform specific issue.

Actually now that you say that the issue is replicated on my Apple TV which i think i stated somewhere as well. Exact same issue which made me worry if it was my trakt account which i dont know how or why that would be a thing
Yes there is a definite problem in the log at line 3349. I am sure @Razze will be along soon.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-02, 11:16)Karellen Wrote: Yes there is a definite problem in the log at line 3349. I am sure @Razze will be along soon.

As you saw razze helped me over on his GitHub and referred me to another person who worked on the add-on. I messaged them a few days ago, yet to reply.
I haven't installed or used Trakt.tv yet. If I have 2 devices that are currently not in sync will it be able to merge the watched status from both, or do I have to pick one as the initial master?

For example let's say I have two devices we'll call them Kodi-A and Kodi-B.

On Kodi-A I watched 3 episodes of TV Series "Series A".
On Kodi-B I haven't watched "Series A" but I have watched the first season of "Series B".

What will happen when I install Trakt.tv? Ideally I want to see that I've watched parts of both "Series A" and "Series B" on both Kodi-A and Kodi-B. I don't want it to lose the list on one and replace it with the other. I want them combined. Will it do this?
(2020-07-09, 16:56)wgf_bean Wrote: I haven't installed or used Trakt.tv yet. If I have 2 devices that are currently not in sync will it be able to merge the watched status from both, or do I have to pick one as the initial master?

On Kodi-B I haven't watched "Series A" but I have watched the first season of "Series B".

What will happen when I install Trakt.tv? Ideally I want to see that I've watched parts of both "Series A" and "Series B" on both Kodi-A and Kodi-B. I don't want it to lose the list on one and replace it with the other. I want them combined. Will it do this?

I'm not sure how it works but I think if you install it on Kodi A, then run trakt, then install on Kodi B, then run it on B it'll sync. I also have this in my advancedsettings.xml file:

Code:
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>

Dunno how that affects things but I've always had it there and no issues so far.
(2020-07-09, 18:00)flhthemi Wrote:
(2020-07-09, 16:56)wgf_bean Wrote: I haven't installed or used Trakt.tv yet. If I have 2 devices that are currently not in sync will it be able to merge the watched status from both, or do I have to pick one as the initial master?

I'm not sure how it works but I think if you install it on Kodi A, then run trakt, then install on Kodi B, then run it on B it'll sync. I also have this in my advancedsettings.xml file:
Code:
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>

Dunno how that affects things but I've always had it there and no issues so far.
I'm confident it will sync, i.e. make both show the same watched status. My concern is that it might toss the watched info for one of the two.
I am currently running Matrix nightly, July 4 version and v3.3.1 of the Trackt add-on. When I attempt to launch Trackt, nothing happens on screen. Here is my debug log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/nuvulawali.kodi

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Shoppedude
I installed Trakt.tv on two systems. They both successfully update the watched status when I check my account on trakt.tv. It correctly shows the movies and episodes I've watched on both.

However within Kodi only the items I watched on that particular machine are marked as watched. How do I get it to imported the watched state from trakt.tv?
So I got it to work by going into the Add-ons information for that app and clicking on "Run". That forced it to run again, and this time it imported the watched status from the trakt.tv account. Obviously had to do that on both of my Kodi platforms.

It did have a few problems however with episode specials. I manually enter many specials. These specials are not part of thetvdb.com. I create an nfo file for each one. Trakt doesn't recognize these since they aren't in any online database. I didn't know what it would do with these but now I have my answer. If the item isn't in its master database then it's ignored.

I also do something not conventional when I manually enter some of these specials. For specials that are related to a specific episode, e.g. a previously on, or making of, I use the same season and episode number as the episode itself. For example the filename of the pilot for Expanse looks like "The Expanse s01e01.mkv". I added a deleted scenes for it which has a filename of "The Expanse s01e01 (~Deleted Scenes).mkv" and there is a matching nfo file that has a very short text in it:

<episodedetails>
  <title>Dulcinea: Deleted Scenes</title>
  <season>1</season>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <aired>2015-12-08</aired>
</episodedetails>

The tilde in the filename tells my code to auto generate the nfo file.

Yes, I know this "breaks" the rules. I do it this way because the normal convention of doing something like "The Expanse s00e123 (Deleted Scenes).mkv" using season 0 for specials looks awful to me when it's listed in kodi, and it avoids me having to dream up a unique episode number. I tried this once years ago to see what kodi would do and it behaves exactly as I would want. If I watch the episode it marks it as watched, but not the special even though it has the same season and episode number. Kodi is smart enough to track these separately.

Well this now turns into trouble when used with trakt. It sees both as the main episode and doesn't see the difference between the episode and the special because it uses it's own database to decide what is what. The result? When you watch either the episode or the special (with the same season/episode number) it will mark the episode as watched on the trakt account. Then when it imports that watched status back to the other kodi platform it will mark one of the two files as watched and for me it's typically marking the special regardless of which was actually watched.

Yes, in hindsight I should have know better, but it did give the desired effect I was looking for until I tried to use trakt.

This is of course my own fault for not adhering to the convention so I can't whine too much about it. I probably have close to a 1000 specials entered this way. I might write some code to automate renaming the files and fixing the nfo files for them at the same time. I'll need to think about how I'm going to come up with unique episode numbers for them. 

Oh well...
(2020-07-09, 23:43)shoppedude Wrote: I am currently running Matrix nightly, July 4 version and v3.3.1 of the Trackt add-on. When I attempt to launch Trackt, nothing happens on screen. Here is my debug log:

Thanks,
Shoppedude
This has been fixed some days ago
(2020-07-23, 09:45)Razze Wrote:
(2020-07-09, 23:43)shoppedude Wrote: I am currently running Matrix nightly, July 4 version and v3.3.1 of the Trackt add-on. When I attempt to launch Trackt, nothing happens on screen. Here is my debug log:

Thanks,
Shoppedude
Any fix for v3.3.2 stalling at 1% sync?

https://paste.kodi.tv/irasogipep
(2020-07-26, 15:54)JonnyDunk Wrote:
(2020-07-23, 09:45)Razze Wrote:

Thanks,
Shoppedude

I'm not aware of that problem
(2020-07-30, 11:05)Razze Wrote:
(2020-07-26, 15:54)JonnyDunk Wrote:
(2020-07-23, 09:45)Razze Wrote: This has been fixed some days ago

I'm not aware of that problem
Is there anything in the log that would explain it stalling?
I'm trying to figure out how to get my log file small enough to post online, but I wanted to ask about the issue I'm having beforehand.  I have several TV shows which have their folders/subfolders marked to be excluded from Trakt updates.  These are shows I've previously watched and are marked as such in Trakt, but I'm watching them again and have marked them as unwatched in Kodi.  For some reason, Trakt is ignoring the path exclusion and keeps marking them as watched in Kodi.

Any idea what might be causing this?  Nothing is sticking out to me in the logs, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for other than the name of the show or "trakt".

Now, to see how I can shrink that log file so it's not too big for pastebin, etc. ...

UPDATE:  Managed to find a place that would allow a large log file:  https://zerobin.net/?28690541a753aa43#91...Ni6xvoQM4U=
I've noticed when I watch a film for the 2nd time it doesn't add the second viewing to the history on trakt.  Is it meant to?
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trakt.tv v35