Smart Playlists
Should a video smart playlist play each fine in turn automatically?

I've just created one but it only played a single video. Did not automatically play the next one. I know there's a setting to automatically play the next file but I was hoping I wouldn't need to set that and that the playlist would do it for me.

Thanks
No. The main use of smart playlist is to create playlist based on user custom condition. 99% of the time to create menu/sub-menu on homescreen with supported skin.

So it is not automatical playlist like other media player. I think it might work if you highlight the playlist then press context menu and select play. But I'm not sure since I don't use it that way.
So on a normal playlist it will play automatically but not with a smart play list?
If you highlight / set focus on a smart playlist and press "p" / "play" it will play the entire playlist regardless of the "play next video automatically" setting.

scott s.
Smart playlists are technically seen as "folders" in Kodi, and not as true playlists. I guess you could say that we should have named it something else years ago, like "smart folders" or something.
Should add that from what I've seen, skins will treat smart playlists as folders, so when you click on one in a custom menu for example, it will typically send an "ActivateWindow" to Kodi which ends up as a folder view, but the skin could instead send a "PlayMedia" which would cause it to play instead.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlists0