• 18(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
hello,
i had no problem to configure my new harmony ultimate one. but I have a question for you, how can I configure keys for <search download> and <enable-disable passthrough> during the playback?
thank you
Just a quick question and thought of the day (albeit maybe not a good one if I am wrong....)

Would this work?

How about just copying this entire keymap into my Keyboard.xml file, then saving it, then
"assigning" buttons on the Harmony Ultimate to whatever the letter/symbol/shortcut "combo" (combo meaning CTRL + End etc)to whatever I want to use included in the keymap in the link below?

But here is the dilemma I see..
. For the MCE Remote Device (Windows Media Player) OR the PC SE Device......... there is no
CTRL + End option when you scroll through the list of options for either the MCE Remote (Windows Media Player) OR the PCE SE Device.

So if you use the keymap below, how for instance can you get the Harmony Ultimate to work with such as a command a "CTRL + End" when
CTRL + End is not an option in either the MCE Remote or the PC SE Device?

Here is the link to the keymap that I am referring to and below that link are the contents of the keymap:

https://github.com/notspiff/kodi-cmake/b...yboard.xml
I draw the line at that post. You've approached spam mail territory. Try and keep this thread a little more clean for other users looking for answers.

If the command doesn't exist in the Harmony database, then it isn't available to be used in a keymap.
(2016-05-06, 12:29)tzouvar Wrote: hello,
i had no problem to configure my new harmony ultimate one. but I have a question for you, how can I configure keys for <search download> and <enable-disable passthrough> during the playback?
thank you

You would have to find those commands in the links below:

List_of_Built_In_Functions (wiki)

Action_IDs (wiki)
(2016-05-06, 20:12)Warner306 Wrote: I draw the line at that post. You've approached spam mail territory. Try and keep this thread a little more clean for other users looking for answers.

If the command doesn't exist in the Harmony database, then it isn't available to be used in a keymap.

Understood. I'm learning every day. Your information that if the command doesn't exist in the Harmony database make things a lot more clear.

I've edited the post and deleted the listing of the entire keymap. Sorry, my intention was not to confuse or mislead others searching for their answers.
One question about Logitech remotes. I had a Hamony One and i hated it with all my heart for two reasons: noisy keys (using it at night was like tap dancing) and the infamous harmony one delay. There is a logitech harmony without those two problems? I want one with silent keys (more rubber than plastic) and a fast responsive remote. Thanks for any feedback.
(2016-06-04, 01:58)sergiocos Wrote: One question about Logitech remotes. I had a Hamony One and i hated it with all my heart for two reasons: noisy keys (using it at night was like tap dancing) and the infamous harmony one delay. There is a logitech harmony without those two problems? I want one with silent keys (more rubber than plastic) and a fast responsive remote. Thanks for any feedback.

Any Harmony with the Harmony Hub will show less lag and more responsiveness. But I don't know how loud the keys are on these remotes.

The Harmony 650 is silent but does not come with the Harmony Hub.
I have this up and running and it is working. Just working on "tweaking" it more.

I created what Harmony's term for "macros" are. Harmony calls them "sequences".

I have used the Harmony "Myharmony" login to program the remote.

I simply click on the "Button" option to program the "buttons" then it asks me to choose and select which button on the remote that I want to to be programmed (there is a visual layout of the harmony remote on the left), then you select the "device" that you want the button to perform the command, then the "action" that you want that button to perform, based on the
list of available "actions" that the particular device can perform.

I am using both the MCE Keyboard and the Media Center SE devices.

When I pressed "pause" the lights on in my room go on because I have my Lutron Grafik Eye as a device. Also, when I press "pause" on the remote, the Kodi program pauses the movie I am in. I have full control over Kodi with the remote such as the arrow buttons on the Harmony remote controls the direction of which way I want to go in Kodi.

Because I have both the Windows Media Center SE and the MCE Keyboard as devices, I can also pause a Movie, stop it and fast forward.

I have the keyboard shortcut "O" programmed (I forget which device I got this keymap from but it is either the Media Center SE or the MCE keyboard) to the "red record button" on
the Harmony Remote. Therefore when I am NOT in "playback" mode for a Movie (ie when a movie is not playing), while Kodi is however launched, when I press the "red record button" on my Harmony Ultimate, the menu automatically changes to the "Active Movie" windows (ie the menu with the Movie "thumbnails" show up).

In hindsight, I have a Kodi keymap (.xml file) in the correct directory and I have the code written so that the keyboard shortcut for the key "O" is mapped to "ActiveMovie" or something like that, which therefore as stated earlier, if I am in Kodi and NOT in Video Playback mode, then the "ActiveWindow" for the movie list appears on the screen.

If I press the shortcut for "O" on the Harmony remote (as previously stated, I have my Harmony Ultimate programmed with the "O" keyboard shortcut) while a movie is playing the (ie during Video Playback), then the "codec" information is displayed (ie the CPU % used and the codec information etc).

I am still playing with the programming my Harmony Ultimate every night after work using the Media Center SE and the MCE Keyboard.

At this time the only issue I am having is that I have the "Esc" keyboard shortcut mapped to a certain button on my Harmony Ultimate using through the Media Center SE or the MCE Keyboard (I forget which one as I am at work now and not at home), and when I press that certain button on the Harmony Ultimate, instead of going to the "Home Screen" it activates the PVR option. I will have fun fixing this, just haven't had time to play with it a little more. More on this...I don't know what I did wrong with this issue to get the PVR menu, but I am even more confused when I look at http://kodi.wiki/view/Global_keyboard and after searching for the letters "PVR" for the entire page, nothing comes up, so I don't know how the H*&# I am able to pull up the "PVR" menue when there apparently is no "PVR" shortcut in the Kodi keyboard controls. Hmmm.

Other than that, I can't figure out why I can program certain buttons to control certain scenes on my Lutron Grafik Eye Dimmer when I am in that device (Lutron Grafik Eye Dimmer) on the Harmony Ultimate, but when I try the same shortcut button on the Harmony remote that I programmed to control that scene when I am in my "Kodi" activity (ie the activity that I press on the Harmony Ultimate to turn on all of the devices just before a movie), the lights do not turn off when I press that particular button that controls the "Scene" to turn all of the lights off.
I have my Harmony 650 well set up with Kodi, and it works very well, but now I want to push the envelope a bit. i have multiple boxes in my home, and I would like to know if there is a way to program my remote to turn the Live TV function on or off with a single command. The reason I ask is that I use Stalker Pvr and you cannot use the same subscription on multiple boxes at the same time. So I'd like to be able to turn it off easily on one and go to the other and easily turn it on, and vice versa. Needs to pass the WAF test. Otherwise you need to navigate to settings/live tv/enabled
Is this possible?
(2016-01-04, 21:00)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 19:38)tcmaresh Wrote: I have an Ortek VRC-1100 remote and am using an off-brand programmable remote to control my devices. It works great, but what I can't figure out how to do is initiate a right-click on the item that is selected. If I use the Ortek VRC-1100 remote I can move the cursor around using hte pad, and then press the right-click button to bring up the context menu, but I want to use my programmable remote (which doesn't have a mouse cursor pad).

Is this possible? Has this been covered in any other threads?

Put this into your keyboard.xml:

<key>ContextMenu</key>

Natively, the context menu is not a right-click; it is the key command "C."

Is the above instructions to enter <key>ContextMenud</key> into my keyboard.xml to allow me to assign a button on the Harmony remote to
allow me to use the Harmony remote to " Mouse - right click" in any menu in Kodi? Something seems like its missing from this code above because it doesn't tell me which keyboard key or command in the MCE Keyboard or the Media Center SE to assign to a Harmony button.

And when you say Natively, the context menu is not a right-click; it is the key command "C.", are you saying that if I go to MCE Keyboard or Media Center SE and assign a button on the Harmony Remote, I can just find the letter "C" under one of these two devices and assign a button on the Harmony Remote to the letter "C" and that button will therefore be my "Mouse - Right Click" in Kodi for all menus within Kodi?
I just thought it could possibly help some people by showing how I mapped the buttons on my Harmony Ultimate:
I added the descriptions with a line to each button.
I include what each Short Press and Long Press does (for some buttons, for some reason, Harmony did not allow a Short or Long Press, but the only option was BOTH).

I know this is not the best layout design for button programming but its the best I can think of.

I wanted the very first colored button at the bottom to turn on the lighting in the room and the one next to it to turn the lighting off.

Everything in here is using the "button programming" using the MyHarmony.com website to program the buttons.

I believe there are only two "Sequences" (Harmony's world calls Macros "Sequences") that I used.
1. When pressing play, the lights go to Scene 4 (all lights off)
2. When pressing pause, the lights go to Scene 1 (ambience/lights on)

Colored buttons:

Red: Lutron Grafik Eye Scene 1 (ambience/intermission)
Green: Lutron Grafik Eye Scene 4 (ALL LIGHTS OFF)
Yellow: Lutron Grafik Eye Scene 2 (ALL LIGHTS ON)
Blue: a. Short Press (Kodi "/" - Windowed Mode Toggle)
b. Long Press (Kodi “CTRL + T” – Subtitle Location)
DVR: a. Short Press – (Kodi Movie Subtitles Menu (Toggle ON/OFF))
b.
Guide: Short and Long Press (Kodi – “Mouse Right Click”)
Info: a. Short Press – (Kodi “Settings Window” (J))
b. Long Press – (Kodi “ Subtitles TOGGLE– Toggle” (T))
Exit: Short and Long Press (Kodi – “Close Kodi MENU – Alt + F4”
Menu: Short Press ( Kodi - “Win +1” OPEN KODI)
Long Press ( Kodi – “Esc” HOME SCREEN OR PREVIOUS MENU)
Hey

little Problem here.
I use an Harmony Ultimate One, Windows 10, Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and an RC6 Infrarot Modell IR605Q.
Everything works rather fine expect some buttons (e.g. Red, Green, Yellow and Blue Button, DVR Guide und Info Button)
All other keys are working. The Hub responds to the pressing of the keys but the keymap editor doesn't find it.

I hope you can help

Greeting
rezmer
(2016-07-05, 07:00)rezmer Wrote: Hey

little Problem here.
I use an Harmony Ultimate One, Windows 10, Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and an RC6 Infrarot Modell IR605Q.
Everything works rather fine expect some buttons (e.g. Red, Green, Yellow and Blue Button, DVR Guide und Info Button)
All other keys are working. The Hub responds to the pressing of the keys but the keymap editor doesn't find it.

I hope you can help

Greeting
rezmer

Did you follow the steps to create a keyboard.xml? Red, Green, Yellow and Blue can be configured to use any Kodi command. Follow the section on non-eHome devices.

Or are you saying showkey.exe doesn't register the key presses? Try using the same key commands as the VRC-1100, which is the example remote in the guide.
Hey,

I tried to configure the Red Buttons etc.but they are still not working.
Showkey doesn't register some presses (Red, Yellow etc.)

Key commands from the VRC-1100 are also not working
Everything worked fine with OpenElec. Since I'm on Windows 10 the Buttons are not working.

I wanted the Red Button to be NextSubtitle
I wanted the Yellow Button to be NextAudio
The Info button for Info
And menu for the ContextMenu.

Should I but my Keyboard.xml in here?

EDIT: Or maybe some can quickly make one for me? I'm not sure, if im doing good.

Greetings
(2016-07-10, 15:29)rezmer Wrote: Hey,

I tried to configure the Red Buttons etc.but they are still not working.
Showkey doesn't register some presses (Red, Yellow etc.)

Key commands from the VRC-1100 are also not working
Everything worked fine with OpenElec. Since I'm on Windows 10 the Buttons are not working.

I wanted the Red Button to be NextSubtitle
I wanted the Yellow Button to be NextAudio
The Info button for Info
And menu for the ContextMenu.

Should I but my Keyboard.xml in here?

EDIT: Or maybe some can quickly make one for me? I'm not sure, if im doing good.

Greetings

It sounds like a driver problem in Windows 10. You may need a new receiver. I'd choose one of the ones posted in this guide.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6