Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2015-03-15, 17:13)Mydriaze Wrote: Great thread, really. But why a XBMC profile already exist on the Logitech database? It's just a question...

I haven't looked at the profile, so I don't know. What I do know is most Kodi commands simulate keyboard presses, so it makes more sense to use devices that emulate keyboard presses. This makes it much easier to create a keymap. I am willing to bet the XBMC profile uses generic commands such as "Info," "Guide," "Play," "Pause," etc. and is very limited in its command selection. The Harmony database contains thousands of devices and some profiles are overlooked as a result. From what I've read, the profiles pitched in the guide (MCE Keyboard and Window Media Center SE) offer a wider selection of available commands and map directly to the Kodi keymap.

So, you might be able to get away with using the XBMC or Plex profiles with some fiddling, but you are better off using the profiles recommended in this guide. You get the benefit of having a seemingly infinite selection of commands with database names that map directly to Kodi functions. If your keymap is very basic, however, the XBMC or Plex profiles might have everything you need.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - by Warner306 - 2015-03-15, 21:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6