• 5(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
Anyone have one of these 2 harmony remotes ? maybe make use of the touch screen for custom buttons?

is there a way to put a channel icon maybe that would go directly to a pvr channel?
(2015-04-22, 14:46)bry- Wrote: Anyone have one of these 2 harmony remotes ? maybe make use of the touch screen for custom buttons?

is there a way to put a channel icon maybe that would go directly to a pvr channel?

The Ultimate is likely capable of displaying channel icons. The One is not. Also, the One will show more input lag than newer Harmony remotes.

Edit: I should clarify that responsiveness is improved with models that use the Smart Hub.
(2015-04-22, 14:04)randommonth Wrote: Hi Guys,

This looks like a very helpful tutorial however I was disappointed to find no reference to Bluetooth. Is it possible??

I have a Harmony Ultimate with Hub. I successfully paired the hub with my PC through Bluetooth (it sees it as the Harmony Keyboard), and I can basically control things with my remote. If I start Kodi manually, I can navigate around the screens with the direction pad on the remote, however most of the buttons obviously aren't mapped.

I'm guessing I'm close but could someone point out what next steps I should take to be able to launch Kodi from the remote and map all the buttons I want?

Thanks!!

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I previously had a Pivos running Kodi paired with it over IR and everything worked perfectly (the Pivos can be picked directly in the device setup), so there's a working keymap in the Logitech database for the Ultimate remote.

If I pair over bluetooth to the chromebox as a windows computer some of the keys work, so it seems like I would have to manually assign the rest? Picking a MCE remote does nothing, and the default "LogitechHarmony WindowsPC" commands don't include enough options.
(2015-04-28, 00:19)karlshea Wrote:

This looks like a very helpful tutorial however I was disappointed to find no reference to Bluetooth. Is it possible??

I have a Harmony Ultimate with Hub. I successfully paired the hub with my PC through Bluetooth (it sees it as the Harmony Keyboard), and I can basically control things with my remote. If I start Kodi manually, I can navigate around the screens with the direction pad on the remote, however most of the buttons obviously aren't mapped.

I'm guessing I'm close but could someone point out what next steps I should take to be able to launch Kodi from the remote and map all the buttons I want?

Thanks!!

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I previously had a Pivos running Kodi paired with it over IR and everything worked perfectly (the Pivos can be picked directly in the device setup), so there's a working keymap in the Logitech database for the Ultimate remote.

If I pair over bluetooth to the chromebox as a windows computer some of the keys work, so it seems like I would have to manually assign the rest? Picking a MCE remote does nothing, and the default "LogitechHarmony WindowsPC" commands don't include enough options.

I don't know if this is possible or not. It would come down to picking the right device in the Harmony database. But the Bluetooth setting might be pre-programmed for general PC use. This would make controlling Kodi very difficult or impossible. You would have to know what key presses are received by Kodi with each button press and remap these keys via a keyboard xml. Try the showkey app linked in the guide and see if it picks up any of the button presses.
(2015-04-28, 00:34)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-04-28, 00:19)karlshea Wrote:

Thanks!!

I don't know if this is possible or not. It would come down to picking the right device in the Harmony database. But the Bluetooth setting might be pre-programmed for general PC use. This would make controlling Kodi very difficult or impossible. You would have to know what key presses are received by Kodi with each button press and remap these keys via a keyboard xml. Try the showkey app linked in the guide and see if it picks up any of the button presses.

Hi i got the same problem with my chromebox and smarthub, do you got any solution yet?
Sorry if my English is not quite right, it 's not my native language
Got latest OSMC running on Vero 4K+
Well since OpenELEC and/or the Chromebox can't seem to keep the Harmony bluetooth keyboard paired, and trying to remap the keys sounds like a giant pain the ass for no reason, I think I'm just going to give up and get a USB IR adaptor.
Got a quick query if anybody could help?

My Kodi is installed on my QNAP NAS which has a built in IR receiver and is capable of receiving MCE IR commands.

For some reason unbeknown to me the QNAP doesn't like the Harmony MCE Keyboard commands and seems to go mental and replicate the commands on repeat even though the remote isn't sending anything. So for examply if i toggle subtitles it will enable/ disable on repeat.

I have managed to resolve this by switching from MCE Keyboard to Windows Media SE on my harmony. This is now working great except I'd love 2 commands but can't get them working on the Windows Media SE.

1. I'd like a toggle subtitles on the screen which is currently assigned to keyboard "t"
2. I'd like a activate shutdown menu also on the screen which is currently assigned to keyboard "s"

I'm guessing it would work adding <s mod="ctrl">ShowSubtitiles</s> but do i add this to keyboard.xml or keymaps.xml
(2015-05-15, 13:47)GTunney Wrote: Got a quick query if anybody could help?

My Kodi is installed on my QNAP NAS which has a built in IR receiver and is capable of receiving MCE IR commands.

For some reason unbeknown to me the QNAP doesn't like the Harmony MCE Keyboard commands and seems to go mental and replicate the commands on repeat even though the remote isn't sending anything. So for examply if i toggle subtitles it will enable/ disable on repeat.

I have managed to resolve this by switching from MCE Keyboard to Windows Media SE on my harmony. This is now working great except I'd love 2 commands but can't get them working on the Windows Media SE.

1. I'd like a toggle subtitles on the screen which is currently assigned to keyboard "t"
2. I'd like a activate shutdown menu also on the screen which is currently assigned to keyboard "s"

I'm guessing it would work adding <s mod="ctrl">ShowSubtitiles</s> but do i add this to keyboard.xml or keymaps.xml

Add it to keyboard.xml. This is covered in detail in the guide.
Thanks for these easy to follow instructions. Got my Harmony 650 working easily with my setup, using the basic keymap outlined in page 1. I have one problem however, and it likely isn't Kodi related but hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm using a Samsung Series 5 laptop, running windows 7 and Helix 14.2 and no matter if a keypress is assigned to MCE or SE it always briefly brings up a 'backlight off' notification on screen. Any ideas? This happens whether Kodi is running or just windows.

Cheers
(2015-05-21, 01:09)Kevinho Wrote: Thanks for these easy to follow instructions. Got my Harmony 650 working easily with my setup, using the basic keymap outlined in page 1. I have one problem however, and it likely isn't Kodi related but hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm using a Samsung Series 5 laptop, running windows 7 and Helix 14.2 and no matter if a keypress is assigned to MCE or SE it always briefly brings up a 'backlight off' notification on screen. Any ideas? This happens whether Kodi is running or just windows.

Cheers

I'm just guessing, but did you try turning the backlight on? There are various settings available from the remote itself.
Thanks for the great info and guide. Been trying to work this stuff out for ages.

I'm still trying to work out a way to play a movie trailer from the movies list with just the push of a button. Instead of having to go into info, then go across and click on the trailer button. Do you know if this would be possible? I'm guessing it would involve adding a sequence of 'i, right, right, right, enter' in a keyboard.xml or something?
(2015-05-23, 06:13)jaymzwatt Wrote: Thanks for the great info and guide. Been trying to work this stuff out for ages.

I'm still trying to work out a way to play a movie trailer from the movies list with just the push of a button. Instead of having to go into info, then go across and click on the trailer button. Do you know if this would be possible? I'm guessing it would involve adding a sequence of 'i, right, right, right, enter' in a keyboard.xml or something?

No, you can't create macros, which is what you are describing. It might be possible but is beyond me as to what the code would be. It would require an understanding of skinning and use of one of Kodi's built-in functions.
(2015-05-23, 06:13)jaymzwatt Wrote: Thanks for the great info and guide. Been trying to work this stuff out for ages.

Here is how to do it:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...#pid538527

If you have problem getting it working, see the Wiki page for the up-to-date syntax for this PlayMedia funtion:
http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions
Since this is a guide for Kodi on Windows, will this work the same with Kodi on Ubuntu or is the mapping different?

Edit: the mapping is different. I can't even get the stop command to work on my Intel NUC system.
Hello i hope to find help here i have a logitech harmony ultimate and iam trying to find out how to ad My Tv shows to a coloured button sadly al the info over keymapping is in english and iam dutch so it is hard for me so far i found this for a key stroke
<g>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,TvShowTitles,return))</g>
I dont now if this is the right line or not but iam struggle here for months now
I have tried different keymaps the latest i used gives me by Ctrl g a tv guide so now i wanna know where can i find a keymap with al the keystrokes and the right line and where in that keymap mus i put the line for My Tv shows so that i can mapped it in mine remote

I hope you can understand this and that someone wil help me
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6