• 9(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2015-08-23, 19:08)DanielPT Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 21:56)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-08-21, 10:38)DanielPT Wrote: Thanks for this GREAT guide! It works like a charm Smile

I have a VRC-1100 reciver and a Harmony 1100.
The only thing i miss is a bottum to get to the home screen.

Thanks!

Try adding this to your keyboard.xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<numpadtimes>ActivateWindow(home)</numpadtimes>
</keyboard>
</global>

This replaces "Jump to Bottom" on the keymap with "Home."

Meny thanks.

But sorry im a noob. I just added the VRF-1100 to my Harmony software and made play/pause and so on.
So where do i do this the easyst way?

This is covered in the guide. The keyboard.xml must be created as a text file and saved in the userdata folder.
when Powering off Microsoft Windows Media Center SE my Logitech remote carries out the following commands

Alt +F4
PowerToggle

The issue I'm having is the commands are being sent out way to fast and I need to put a delay in between ALT+F4 and PowerToggle. The result is Kodi shuts down but my PC does not go into Sleep Mode as it misses the command.

Is it possible to put a delay for just this one function only? If i put an inter-key delay it will effect the overall performance of Kodi with my Logitech remote.

Any thoughts? I thought about adding dummy keys in between to add a delay. For Example... Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for suggestions and help Smile

Alt+F4
PowerToggle
(2015-09-08, 02:31)Desisuperman Wrote: when Powering off Microsoft Windows Media Center SE my Logitech remote carries out the following commands

Alt +F4
PowerToggle

The issue I'm having is the commands are being sent out way to fast and I need to put a delay in between ALT+F4 and PowerToggle. The result is Kodi shuts down but my PC does not go into Sleep Mode as it misses the command.

Is it possible to put a delay for just this one function only? If i put an inter-key delay it will effect the overall performance of Kodi with my Logitech remote.

Any thoughts? I thought about adding dummy keys in between to add a delay. For Example... Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for suggestions and help Smile

Alt+F4
PowerToggle

I'd suggest trying this program: Launcher4Kodi. It automatically closes Kodi when the PC is powered-off (put to sleep). It also reopens Kodi when the computer resumes from sleep. This way, Alt + F4 is unneeded.
Awesome. Will try it out. Thanks Smile
Today i created a guide on how to connect it trough bluetooth
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239190
(2015-09-17, 18:17)IIIdefconIII Wrote: Today i created a guide on how to connect it trough bluetooth

Looks promising. I'm guessing this is not possible on Windows?
(2015-09-17, 21:44)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 18:17)IIIdefconIII Wrote: Today i created a guide on how to connect it trough bluetooth

Looks promising. I'm guessing this is not possible on Windows?

Nope this is linux based but if seen different solutions online id never confimed by my self
Thanks for this guide. It works for linux too, sort of.
I have a HP 5188-1667 eHOME, and I was able to make it works without issues on my PC with xubuntu + Kodi 15.1. Oddly enough some basic key like Stop (X), OK (Enter) and Pause (Pause or space bar) doesn't works on my MediaCenter with the latest Kodibuntu (update to 15.1 too). No matter what setting are you using from MCE or SE, my Harmony 555 send the code to the receiver since I can see the led blinking but it doesn't execute it. Migrating the MediaCenter to Xubuntu + Kodi 15.1 solved the issue. Just to let you know...
Spoke to fast, I still have missing buttons (stop, menu and prev). Sad
(2015-03-08, 07:46)Warner306 Wrote: [b]5. CREATING A KODI ACTIVITY – NON-eHOME DEVICES

By now, a single device should be added in the Harmony software based on the remote's manufacturer and product number. The next step involves preliminary work to retrieve a list of commands output by the remote. Remember, we are starting with a remote that outputs Windows Media Center commands. You need to translate those commands to Kodi functions. The goal is to determine what key presses are output by each button and use these key presses to create a customized keyboard.xml. This is a three-step-process:
[/b]

Can anyone confirm what is mean by "NON eHome Devices" as per this post on page one?
I know that IR Receivers can either fall into the category of "eHome" OR "non-eHome" but other than IR Receivers, what kinds of devices
can also be either "eHome" OR "non-eHome". What devices?

If I have a Harmony Ultimate and I have a Denon A/V Receiver, a Lutron Grafik Eye Wireless Dimmer (6 zone QS), a Verizon Cable Box, a Xantech IR Repeater are all of these devices listed considered "non-eHome". I am aware that eHome Devices will automatically load the eHome Driver in Device Manager for each device added via the Harmony Software Configuration Utility (that thing to program your remote in Windows).

So are you saying here that I will have to open up the Harmony Remote Configuration Utility in Windows 8, add the Devices (Denon Receiver, Lutron Grafik Eye etc) and then look to see in Device Manager if these devices are the word "eHome" in Device Manager?

Is that entire post that I quoted (I know I just quoted the first paragraph) for "non-eHome" Devices?
(2015-03-08, 07:46)Warner306 Wrote: 5. CREATING A KODI ACTIVITY – NON-eHOME DEVICES

The Harmony keymap will be a combination of native commands recognized by Kodi and those defined in the keyboard.xml. The Harmony database treats non-eHome receivers as Windows Media Center devices. Accordingly, the name of each button references its function in Windows Media Center (e.g. Browser) not its combined key presses. Sometimes, a process of elimination is required to determine the origin of button names on the original remote and cross-reference it with its name in the Harmony database.

Below is a starter keymap for a Harmony 650 used in conjunction with a VRC-1100. This keymap covers most of the essential commands for navigation and playback and is a good launching point for a more elaborate key design.

VRC-1100: Basic Keymap – Harmony 650:
Green Items: Commands set via keyboard.xml

Basic Keymap Command List:

Harmony --> Kodi Command --> VRC-1100

*Cust (Start) --> Start Kodi --> AutoHotKey
Cust (Quit) --> Quit Kodi --> Close
Cust (Full) --> Fullscreen --> Yellow
Cust (Codec) --> Codec Info --> RecordedTV
Menu --> Shutdown Menu --> Live
Exit --> Back --> Clear
Info --> Info --> Green
Guide --> Contextual Menu --> Blue
Up Arrow --> Jump to Top --> Browser
Down Arrow --> Jump to Bottom --> *
Cust (Watched) --> Watched Status --> Red
Cust (Item Up) --> Move Item Up --> #
Up --> Up --> DirectionUp
Down --> Down --> DirectionDown
Left --> Left --> DirectionLeft
Right --> Right --> DirectionRight
Channel Up --> Page Up --> ChannelUp
Channel Down --> Page Down --> ChannelDown
OK --> OK --> OK
Prev --> Player Controls --> Guide
Play --> Play/Pause --> Play
Stop --> Stop --> Stop
Rewind --> Rewind --> Rewind
Fast Forward --> Fast Forward --> FastForward
Skip Back --> Skip Backward --> SkipBack
Skip Forward --> Skip Forward --> SkipForward
Pause --> Pause/Play --> Pause
0 to 9 --> Number Keys --> 0 to 9

*Start Kodi – In this example, Kodi is started through the use of an AutoHotKey script, which is covered in Section 7. The command Start (Cntrl+Alt+Enter) (or ^!Enter if referenced directly in the script) is used as the hot key to initiate the script, which opens Kodi.exe.

Or did I totally miss this post and its understanding and therefore the part of the thread that I need to focus on is in the above quote (since I have a Harmony Remote and not a non-Harmony remote)? Is that the whole point of this post (to figure out the keymap commands for either a Harmony Remote or some other type of non-Harmony remote)?
(2015-10-01, 18:50)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 07:46)Warner306 Wrote: 5. CREATING A KODI ACTIVITY – NON-eHOME DEVICES

The Harmony keymap will be a combination of native commands recognized by Kodi and those defined in the keyboard.xml. The Harmony database treats non-eHome receivers as Windows Media Center devices. Accordingly, the name of each button references its function in Windows Media Center (e.g. Browser) not its combined key presses. Sometimes, a process of elimination is required to determine the origin of button names on the original remote and cross-reference it with its name in the Harmony database.

Below is a starter keymap for a Harmony 650 used in conjunction with a VRC-1100. This keymap covers most of the essential commands for navigation and playback and is a good launching point for a more elaborate key design.

VRC-1100: Basic Keymap – Harmony 650:
Green Items: Commands set via keyboard.xml

Basic Keymap Command List:

Harmony --> Kodi Command --> VRC-1100

*Cust (Start) --> Start Kodi --> AutoHotKey
Cust (Quit) --> Quit Kodi --> Close
Cust (Full) --> Fullscreen --> Yellow
Cust (Codec) --> Codec Info --> RecordedTV
Menu --> Shutdown Menu --> Live
Exit --> Back --> Clear
Info --> Info --> Green
Guide --> Contextual Menu --> Blue
Up Arrow --> Jump to Top --> Browser
Down Arrow --> Jump to Bottom --> *
Cust (Watched) --> Watched Status --> Red
Cust (Item Up) --> Move Item Up --> #
Up --> Up --> DirectionUp
Down --> Down --> DirectionDown
Left --> Left --> DirectionLeft
Right --> Right --> DirectionRight
Channel Up --> Page Up --> ChannelUp
Channel Down --> Page Down --> ChannelDown
OK --> OK --> OK
Prev --> Player Controls --> Guide
Play --> Play/Pause --> Play
Stop --> Stop --> Stop
Rewind --> Rewind --> Rewind
Fast Forward --> Fast Forward --> FastForward
Skip Back --> Skip Backward --> SkipBack
Skip Forward --> Skip Forward --> SkipForward
Pause --> Pause/Play --> Pause
0 to 9 --> Number Keys --> 0 to 9

*Start Kodi – In this example, Kodi is started through the use of an AutoHotKey script, which is covered in Section 7. The command Start (Cntrl+Alt+Enter) (or ^!Enter if referenced directly in the script) is used as the hot key to initiate the script, which opens Kodi.exe.

Or did I totally miss this post and its understanding and therefore the part of the thread that I need to focus on is in the above quote (since I have a Harmony Remote and not a non-Harmony remote)? Is that the whole point of this post (to figure out the keymap commands for either a Harmony Remote or some other type of non-Harmony remote)?

An e-Home device is an IR receiver designed to control Windows Media Center. This is typically a remote and IR receiver, but can be an IR receiver alone.

A non-eHome device is also an IR receiver but uses different drivers, and, therefore uses different devices in the Harmony database. Both are IR repeaters meant to control Windows Media Center but do so in different ways.

So, e-Home and non-eHome only refers to the drivers used to control a Windows Media Center remote. No other devices apply. They would install their own drivers if compatible with a PC.
I'm going to unbox my Harmony Ultimate tonight and install/connect it to my current TV and Windows 7 Desktop, just to test it out and play around with it regarding controlling Kodi with the Harmony.

I'm on my second reading of every single post of this thread (on page 6 of 9 right now) and plan on reading it over and over again until I understand how to have my Harmony Ultimate control Kodi.

Just to see if I understand it currently (please correct me if I am wrong):

The already setup and written keymap here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml should be copied and saved into my
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ directory and called keyboard.xml and then choosing/adding the following two devices to the Harmony Programming Software/Utility - MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE, then THAT IS ALL and I should then program the Harmony to assign certain Keyboard Buttons under either the MCE Keyboard OR the Windows Media Center SE Devices? I see some people are having problems with getting certain Keyboard Commands to work (ie some commands work for example under the MCE Keyboard and not under the Windows Media Center SE Device?) After I have copied and pasted the Keyboard.XML to the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ directory, I then have to go into the Harmony software and under either MCE Keyboard OR Windows Media Center SE device and start assigning all of the keyboard commands that I want to control via the Harmony?

Also, what does the "mod=" command mean (ie <return mod="longpress">ContextMenu</return> OR <d mod="ctrl">Back</d OR <left mod="ctrl">analogseekback</left> OR <menu mod="longpress">Menu</menu> mean/do?
(2015-06-15, 17:56)xallias Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 23:46)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 13:21)xallias Wrote: ok thanks for responding but can please someone please tell me where in the keymap file from this site https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml i muss place this i mean the right line and i dont see a keystroke in it

The entry would look something like this (using Cntrl + Esc as the key command):

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<esc mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/)</esc>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

ok thanks for this but when i copied this en put it on the last line of mine keyboard file it open mine startmenu from windows 8 i tried this also before copiyng and it does the shame as after from windows 8 so this isnt working
First i copiyd this

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

then this

<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

and finaly this

<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</keymap>

but sadly nothing worked

When you guys are copying the lines above into the Keyboard.xml file, I thought that the entire file only allowed one <keymap> at lines 1 and at the very last line in the code as well?
In this example, are you guys just including the <keymap> and <glogal> to show where within the file the particular command needs to go (by the command itself I mean <esc mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/)</esc> as an example.

There is only one Keyboard.xml file you should be using, right?
(2015-10-02, 16:17)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2015-06-15, 17:56)xallias Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 23:46)Warner306 Wrote: The entry would look something like this (using Cntrl + Esc as the key command):

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

ok thanks for this but when i copied this en put it on the last line of mine keyboard file it open mine startmenu from windows 8 i tried this also before copiyng and it does the shame as after from windows 8 so this isnt working
First i copiyd this

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

then this

<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

and finaly this

<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</keymap>

but sadly nothing worked

When you guys are copying the lines above into the Keyboard.xml file, I thought that the entire file only allowed one <keymap> at lines 1 and at the very last line in the code as well?
In this example, are you guys just including the <keymap> and <glogal> to show where within the file the particular command needs to go (by the command itself I mean <esc mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/)</esc> as an example.

There is only one Keyboard.xml file you should be using, right?

I'm not completely clear on what you are asking, but those headings are just categories.

<keymap> - Opens and closes the keymap
<global> - These commands impact Kodi in all states (global keys)
<FullscreenVideo> - These commands function when Kodi is in fullscreen playback

Each heading should only be used once in your keymap. You can test your commands by starting Kodi with the keymap in place and using your keyboard.

If you are still having problems, post your complete keyboard.xml and the name of the IR receiver you are using. A link to the product on the Internet would be helpful.

For the command posted, the complete keyboard.xml would be as follows:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Pushing Cntrl + Esc on your keyboard should open the TV shows library. None of those section dividers should be repeated elsewhere in the keymap.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6