• 11(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2015-12-01, 01:11)Captainslow Wrote: Not sure if this thread is monitored but I'm having trouble with my Harmony One and OpenElec + Kodi on an Intel NUC. I used the Harmony software to set everything up. I also added the MCE keyboard so I could do things like TAB (remove the menu from the main screen), O key (codec information), etc.The only difference between my setup and the instructions is that I selected "Intel NUC" as my device rather than a Windows MCE. I thought everything was fine because I could navigate through the menus, pause playback, play playback, and fast forward/rewind.

The problem I'm seeing is that none of the keyboard commands work and the stop button doesn't work. Anyone run into this oddity? Should I just follow the instructions and stop pretending I know better?

As an FYI the Intel NUC comes with it's own IR thingy so I didn't purchase anything else.

This is a Windows guide, so I would talk to someone who knows something about OpenElec. Selecting the NUC as your device is likely the problem.
I am a little stuck on this IR Remote thing. I am using a MS-Tech MC-380 Case that comes with a IR Remote Image

i do use a Logitech Harmony one. that suits me better since it controls more then just one device.

Now my issues is. I am trying to Exit game emulators with the remote. but the only thing i can think of is giving it a Alt+F4 command. i have no clue if that is even possible with the Harmony one device let alone the MS-Tech one.

If there is anyone who can clear up the sky for me. That would be really great!

Thanks Big Grin

This all is used with a Windows 7 64x version
(2015-12-07, 04:51)Paynemaster Wrote: I am a little stuck on this IR Remote thing. I am using a MS-Tech MC-380 Case that comes with a IR Remote Image

i do use a Logitech Harmony one. that suits me better since it controls more then just one device.

Now my issues is. I am trying to Exit game emulators with the remote. but the only thing i can think of is giving it a Alt+F4 command. i have no clue if that is even possible with the Harmony one device let alone the MS-Tech one.

If there is anyone who can clear up the sky for me. That would be really great!

Thanks Big Grin

This all is used with a Windows 7 64x version

For starters, what device are you using for the remote in the Harmony software?
I am using that device on the Harmony in the picture. i got it with my PC case. Its the MS-Tech MC-380
(2015-12-07, 20:00)Paynemaster Wrote: I am using that device on the Harmony in the picture. i got it with my PC case. Its the MS-Tech MC-380

In that case, unless Alt + F4 is the Harmony database for that device, you will have to settle for the shutdown menu.

Look in the guide under "Non-eHome Devices." Use the showkey app and see if Alt + F4 is on the remote face. It is likely called "close" in the Harmony database. At least, that is the appropriate WMC command.
Although I am interested in kodi at the moment I am most interested in finding out whether the RC6 eHome receiver can be used just to power on (not too concerned with powering off at the moment) a Gigabyte Brix device. I have enabled power on from USB activity and this works fine just by powering on my mouse and running my fingers across the sensor. I have checked my box and it doesn't appear to have a CIR plug onboard which is a shame. So I am hoping that the Brix will power on when it senses activity from the RC6 device.

I am happy to use the mouse to Power off the Brix and don't require remote keys for any sort of navigating. Oh and I am using a Harmony One remote plus an IR distribution system so want to make the power on part of an activity.

I am getting close to having my idea of a perfect theater setup after years of fighting HDMI and HDCP - a battle to operate 2 display devices with neither HDMI connection affecting the audio output of the other.
(2015-12-10, 10:39)chrissybabe Wrote: Although I am interested in kodi at the moment I am most interested in finding out whether the RC6 eHome receiver can be used just to power on (not too concerned with powering off at the moment) a Gigabyte Brix device. I have enabled power on from USB activity and this works fine just by powering on my mouse and running my fingers across the sensor. I have checked my box and it doesn't appear to have a CIR plug onboard which is a shame. So I am hoping that the Brix will power on when it senses activity from the RC6 device.

I am happy to use the mouse to Power off the Brix and don't require remote keys for any sort of navigating. Oh and I am using a Harmony One remote plus an IR distribution system so want to make the power on part of an activity.

I am getting close to having my idea of a perfect theater setup after years of fighting HDMI and HDCP - a battle to operate 2 display devices with neither HDMI connection affecting the audio output of the other.

I don't know of any way without having a motherboard designed for this purpose. But, then again, I know nothing about powering on with a usb device.
I'm using a Harmony Remote 525 on an Intel NUC with Windows 10 and the latest Kodi Jarvis beta, however it is not receiving any of the 'Microsoft MCE Keyboard' presses. I have followed the guide exactly and it was working before when I had Linux installed with Kodi.

Also, I have added a keymap.xml in my userdata folder that should read my red, green, yellow and blue presses with the 'Microsoft Windows Media Center SE' device I added, but those don't work as well.
(2015-12-11, 22:04)coendeurloo Wrote: I'm using a Harmony Remote 525 on an Intel NUC with Windows 10 and the latest Kodi Jarvis beta, however it is not receiving any of the 'Microsoft MCE Keyboard' presses. I have followed the guide exactly and it was working before when I had Linux installed with Kodi.

Also, I have added a keymap.xml in my userdata folder that should read my red, green, yellow and blue presses with the 'Microsoft Windows Media Center SE' device I added, but those don't work as well.

I'm not sure what could be wrong. I would check the Device Manager to ensure the correct drivers have been installed. It could be the NUC is not eHome compatible, but that would be surprising.

I would post this question in the Windows forum where other users could help.
(2015-12-11, 22:50)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 22:04)coendeurloo Wrote: I'm using a Harmony Remote 525 on an Intel NUC with Windows 10 and the latest Kodi Jarvis beta, however it is not receiving any of the 'Microsoft MCE Keyboard' presses. I have followed the guide exactly and it was working before when I had Linux installed with Kodi.

I'm not sure what could be wrong. I would check the Device Manager to ensure the correct drivers have been installed. It could be the NUC is not eHome compatible, but that would be surprising.

It is not listed as an eHome device in the device manager, so maybe that's it? I have already posted a topic in the windows section btw, so far no replies, that's why I thought maybe someone here could help. I do have a different ehome receiver that worked fine on another machine though, should I hook that one up? wouldn't it conflict with my built in receiver?

Edit: I have disabled my native ir receiver in the BIOS and connected the standard eHome receiver, it is also listed as such in the device manager. However, it still does not recognize the MCE Keyboard & WMC SE Green, Red, etc presses.
(2015-12-11, 22:55)coendeurloo Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 22:50)Warner306 Wrote:

It is not listed as an eHome device in the device manager, so maybe that's it? I have already posted a topic in the windows section btw, so far no replies, that's why I thought maybe someone here could help. I do have a different ehome receiver that worked fine on another machine though, should I hook that one up? wouldn't it conflict with my built in receiver?

I wouldn't throw away the built-in receiver. You need to determine its manufacturer and device name and add it as a new device in the Harmony software. Then, you can treat it as a non-eHome receiver as per the guide.

I think you can add an external receiver via a USB input and not harm anything.
Unfortunately it doesn't make any difference. Definitely not an eHome/other device related issue.
(2015-12-13, 17:47)coendeurloo Wrote: Unfortunately it doesn't make any difference. Definitely not an eHome/other device related issue.

Maybe you don't have any drivers installed and that is the problem? That, or the receiver is not hooked-up internally?
I have my 650 set up very similarly and it works awesome. Almost everything can be done from the couch with the remote, not having to get the keyboard out is a big bonus to the WAF .
I currently have a Microsoft All-In-One Media Keyboard working on my Asus Chromebox running OpenELEC. Is it possible to program my Harmony 700 to mimic some of the functions of the keyboard? I am using the MyHarmony remote software, but can't find this keyboard in the database of devices.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6