Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2016-01-04, 21:00)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 19:38)tcmaresh Wrote: I have an Ortek VRC-1100 remote and am using an off-brand programmable remote to control my devices. It works great, but what I can't figure out how to do is initiate a right-click on the item that is selected. If I use the Ortek VRC-1100 remote I can move the cursor around using hte pad, and then press the right-click button to bring up the context menu, but I want to use my programmable remote (which doesn't have a mouse cursor pad).

Is this possible? Has this been covered in any other threads?

Put this into your keyboard.xml:

<key>ContextMenu</key>

Natively, the context menu is not a right-click; it is the key command "C."

As soon as I knew that "ContextMenu" was the command I needed to configure, I was on my way. I searched through the thread and found the rest of the information I needed. I settled on using the "Recorded TV" button on the MCE remote (<o mod="ctrl">). I updated the keyboard.xml file so that the ContextMenu option in the global key mappings used that code (<o mod="ctrl">ContextMenu</o>), disabled the existing entry that mapped it to PVR usage, then trained the Universal Remote to send that code when my preferred button was pressed. Works perfectly. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - by tcmaresh - 2016-01-05, 23:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6