Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2016-02-15, 23:29)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 15:55)HTFanatic Wrote: I'm going to unbox my Harmony Ultimate tonight and install/connect it to my current TV and Windows 7 Desktop, just to test it out and play around with it regarding controlling Kodi with the Harmony.

I'm on my second reading of every single post of this thread (on page 6 of 9 right now) and plan on reading it over and over again until I understand how to have my Harmony Ultimate control Kodi.

Just to see if I understand it currently (please correct me if I am wrong):

The already setup and written keymap here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml should be copied and saved into my
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ directory and called keyboard.xml and then choosing/adding the following two devices to the Harmony Programming Software/Utility - MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE, then THAT IS ALL and I should then program the Harmony to assign certain Keyboard Buttons under either the MCE Keyboard OR the Windows Media Center SE Devices? I see some people are having problems with getting certain Keyboard Commands to work (ie some commands work for example under the MCE Keyboard and not under the Windows Media Center SE Device?) After I have copied and pasted the Keyboard.XML to the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ directory, I then have to go into the Harmony software and under either MCE Keyboard OR Windows Media Center SE device and start assigning all of the keyboard commands that I want to control via the Harmony?

Also, what does the "mod=" command mean (ie <return mod="longpress">ContextMenu</return> OR <d mod="ctrl">Back</d OR <left mod="ctrl">analogseekback</left> OR <menu mod="longpress">Menu</menu> mean/do?

I got the link from the quoted post above. Does that link I am referring to work in the quoted post above?

You don't have to touch that. That is the default keymap. All of those keys will work as shown without any need for a keyboard.xml.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - by Warner306 - 2016-02-17, 21:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6