• 15(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2016-01-27, 19:28)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-01-27, 19:16)HTFanatic Wrote: Thanks Warner306, http://forum.kodi.tv/images/icons/wink.gif I was just going to post this "post" that I found that I happened to come across, which discusses that you need to change the Power option within the Device itself and that the Power option is not available for many Device WHILE YOU ARE TRYING TO CUSTOMIZE THAT PARTICULAR DEVICE IN THE ACTIVITY. http://forum.kodi.tv/images/icons/smile.gif

I think that what he/she is saying here is what you are telling me in your previous post. http://forum.kodi.tv/images/icons/biggrin.gif

http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah27...visxsz.png

You want to adjust the device in the devices section, not activities.

Of course. Thanks again. You are my own personal Jesus with your guide and help with answers.
Big Grin 
Just one more thing. I have read the Guide a few times, but I am just starting to program my Harmony Ultimate to work with Kodi.

For the "Keymap" you mention below in The Guide, are these "Keymaps" already setup, and therefore I don't have to create any "Activities" to have these commands work on
my Harmony Ultimate, or do I have to create an "Activity" for each of these "commands" listed below?

If I have to create these "commands/keymaps" below, do I add them as "commands" under the same Custom Activity I initially made or do I create NEW SET OF "Custom Activities"?

Basic Keymap Command List:

Harmony --> Kodi Command --> Device

*Cust (Start) --> Start Kodi --> Win + # (SE)
Cust (Quit) --> Quit Kodi --> Alt + F4 (MCE)
Cust (Full) --> Fullscreen --> Tab (MCE)
Cust (Codec) --> Codec Info --> O (MCE)
Menu > Shutdown Menu > S (MCE)
*Exit --> Back --> Backspace (MCE)
Info --> Info --> I (MCE)
Guide --> Contextual Menu --> C (MCE)
Up Arrow --> Jump to Top --> Home (MCE)
Down Arrow --> Jump to Bottom --> End (MCE)
Cust (Watched) --> Watched Status --> W (MCE)
Cust (Item Up) --> Move Item Up --> U (MCE)
Up --> Up --> DirectionUp (SE)
Down --> Down --> DirectionDown (SE)
Left --> Left --> DirectionLeft (SE)
Right --> Right --> DirectionRight (SE)
Channel Up --> Page Up --> ChannelUp (SE)
Channel Down --> Page Down --> ChannelDown (SE)
*OK --> OK --> Enter (SE)
Prev --> Player Controls --> M (MCE)
Play --> Play --> Play (SE)
Stop --> Stop --> Stop (SE)
Rewind --> Rewind --> Rewind (SE)
Fast Forward --> Fast Forward --> FastForward (SE)
Skip Back --> Skip Backward --> , (MCE)
Skip Forward --> Skip Forward --> . (MCE)
Pause --> Pause --> Pause (SE)
0 to 9 --> Number Keys --> 0 to 9 (MCE)
(2016-01-27, 23:21)HTFanatic Wrote: Just one more thing. I have read the Guide a few times, but I am just starting to program my Harmony Ultimate to work with Kodi.

For the "Keymap" you mention below in The Guide, are these "Keymaps" already setup, and therefore I don't have to create any "Activities" to have these commands work on
my Harmony Ultimate, or do I have to create an "Activity" for each of these "commands" listed below?

If I have to create these "commands/keymaps" below, do I add them as "commands" under the same Custom Activity I initially made or do I create NEW SET OF "Custom Activities"?

Basic Keymap Command List:

Harmony --> Kodi Command --> Device

*Cust (Start) --> Start Kodi --> Win + # (SE)
Cust (Quit) --> Quit Kodi --> Alt + F4 (MCE)
Cust (Full) --> Fullscreen --> Tab (MCE)
Cust (Codec) --> Codec Info --> O (MCE)
Menu > Shutdown Menu > S (MCE)
*Exit --> Back --> Backspace (MCE)
Info --> Info --> I (MCE)
Guide --> Contextual Menu --> C (MCE)
Up Arrow --> Jump to Top --> Home (MCE)
Down Arrow --> Jump to Bottom --> End (MCE)
Cust (Watched) --> Watched Status --> W (MCE)
Cust (Item Up) --> Move Item Up --> U (MCE)
Up --> Up --> DirectionUp (SE)
Down --> Down --> DirectionDown (SE)
Left --> Left --> DirectionLeft (SE)
Right --> Right --> DirectionRight (SE)
Channel Up --> Page Up --> ChannelUp (SE)
Channel Down --> Page Down --> ChannelDown (SE)
*OK --> OK --> Enter (SE)
Prev --> Player Controls --> M (MCE)
Play --> Play --> Play (SE)
Stop --> Stop --> Stop (SE)
Rewind --> Rewind --> Rewind (SE)
Fast Forward --> Fast Forward --> FastForward (SE)
Skip Back --> Skip Backward --> , (MCE)
Skip Forward --> Skip Forward --> . (MCE)
Pause --> Pause --> Pause (SE)
0 to 9 --> Number Keys --> 0 to 9 (MCE)

This is a keymap for one activity. Choose the appropriate device and command for each button. These are the last two entries in the portion above.
Just to confirm, there is nothing wrong with copying and pasting the already setup and written keymap here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ard.xmland saved to my PC here, C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ directory and called keyboard.xml correct? (then follow the instructions on page 1 of this thread?)
(2016-02-15, 21:46)HTFanatic Wrote: Just to confirm, there is nothing wrong with copying and pasting the already setup and written keymap here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ard.xmland saved to my PC here, C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ directory and called keyboard.xml correct? (then follow the instructions on page 1 of this thread?)

That link is dead, so I don't know what you are copying.
(2015-10-02, 15:55)HTFanatic Wrote: I'm going to unbox my Harmony Ultimate tonight and install/connect it to my current TV and Windows 7 Desktop, just to test it out and play around with it regarding controlling Kodi with the Harmony.

I'm on my second reading of every single post of this thread (on page 6 of 9 right now) and plan on reading it over and over again until I understand how to have my Harmony Ultimate control Kodi.

Just to see if I understand it currently (please correct me if I am wrong):

The already setup and written keymap here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml should be copied and saved into my
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ directory and called keyboard.xml and then choosing/adding the following two devices to the Harmony Programming Software/Utility - MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE, then THAT IS ALL and I should then program the Harmony to assign certain Keyboard Buttons under either the MCE Keyboard OR the Windows Media Center SE Devices? I see some people are having problems with getting certain Keyboard Commands to work (ie some commands work for example under the MCE Keyboard and not under the Windows Media Center SE Device?) After I have copied and pasted the Keyboard.XML to the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ directory, I then have to go into the Harmony software and under either MCE Keyboard OR Windows Media Center SE device and start assigning all of the keyboard commands that I want to control via the Harmony?

Also, what does the "mod=" command mean (ie <return mod="longpress">ContextMenu</return> OR <d mod="ctrl">Back</d OR <left mod="ctrl">analogseekback</left> OR <menu mod="longpress">Menu</menu> mean/do?

I got the link from the quoted post above. Does that link I am referring to work in the quoted post above?
(2016-02-15, 23:29)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2015-10-02, 15:55)HTFanatic Wrote: I'm going to unbox my Harmony Ultimate tonight and install/connect it to my current TV and Windows 7 Desktop, just to test it out and play around with it regarding controlling Kodi with the Harmony.

I'm on my second reading of every single post of this thread (on page 6 of 9 right now) and plan on reading it over and over again until I understand how to have my Harmony Ultimate control Kodi.

Just to see if I understand it currently (please correct me if I am wrong):

The already setup and written keymap here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...yboard.xml should be copied and saved into my
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ directory and called keyboard.xml and then choosing/adding the following two devices to the Harmony Programming Software/Utility - MCE Keyboard and Windows Media Center SE, then THAT IS ALL and I should then program the Harmony to assign certain Keyboard Buttons under either the MCE Keyboard OR the Windows Media Center SE Devices? I see some people are having problems with getting certain Keyboard Commands to work (ie some commands work for example under the MCE Keyboard and not under the Windows Media Center SE Device?) After I have copied and pasted the Keyboard.XML to the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\ directory, I then have to go into the Harmony software and under either MCE Keyboard OR Windows Media Center SE device and start assigning all of the keyboard commands that I want to control via the Harmony?

Also, what does the "mod=" command mean (ie <return mod="longpress">ContextMenu</return> OR <d mod="ctrl">Back</d OR <left mod="ctrl">analogseekback</left> OR <menu mod="longpress">Menu</menu> mean/do?

I got the link from the quoted post above. Does that link I am referring to work in the quoted post above?

You don't have to touch that. That is the default keymap. All of those keys will work as shown without any need for a keyboard.xml.
Thanks. When you say "You don't have to touch that", are you saying that I shouldn't "modify it/change it or add to it" ie just use it "as is"?
(2016-02-17, 21:56)HTFanatic Wrote: Thanks. When you say "You don't have to touch that", are you saying that I shouldn't "modify it/change it or add to it" ie just use it "as is"?

Don't use it at all.
I can get everything to work except the "Back" button on my Harmony One! Anyone else having the same problem??
Hi everyone. I just get know better to Kodi. Now i have quite big problem i want to use my Kodi system with normal remote control (example harmony).

Many many applications are outdated and some Finnish Stream tv applications works on browser but not have addons on Kodi. I allready installed Chrome Laucher Addon and every tv urlConfused there. Thats work nice i get every Stream systems opened by browser, but after i go Chrome mode i dont can use normal remote control buttons (if i am right?)?

Inside Kodi remote control works very good i think, but if i need to use some remote control on Chrome laucher to my webpage stream pages, i dont can use them anything else than mouse and keyboard and i like very much if i can use hole kodi and HTPC system with one normal remote control is that possible at all?

I think yatze android remote control too, but that not work either when i go "chrome laucher".

I am very very thankfull if someone can help. Kodi look and work otherwise very good and i am still waiting my dvb-c card to get all digi tv channels to Kodi.
Decives-Harmony 650, Ortek VRC-1100, Kodi 16.0 Windows

so i have a problem, i tried following the guide and got all the custom buttons working. but now for some reason the IR wont recognize any of the native commands (play, pause, stop). I obviously did something wrong because now when i use show key it wont even pick up the native commands from my Otrek remote. Do i need to also at the native commands into keyboard.xml?
(2016-02-29, 01:23)andrewjames Wrote: Decives-Harmony 650, Ortek VRC-1100, Kodi 16.0 Windows

so i have a problem, i tried following the guide and got all the custom buttons working. but now for some reason the IR wont recognize any of the native commands (play, pause, stop). I obviously did something wrong because now when i use show key it wont even pick up the native commands from my Otrek remote. Do i need to also at the native commands into keyboard.xml?

showkey doesn't use the keyboard.xml, so you couldn't have done anything wrong there. Have you used any other keyboard apps that might have changed the defaults in the registry/driver?
(2016-02-29, 02:11)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 01:23)andrewjames Wrote: Decives-Harmony 650, Ortek VRC-1100, Kodi 16.0 Windows

showkey doesn't use the keyboard.xml, so you couldn't have done anything wrong there. Have you used any other keyboard apps that might have changed the defaults in the registry/driver?

i also downloaded, autohotkey.
(2016-02-29, 02:13)andrewjames Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 02:11)Warner306 Wrote:

i also downloaded, autohotkey.

I don't think autohotkey would be the cause. I'm not sure what could be wrong.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6