Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
I am not 100% the settings below are correct as far as "making sure the Microsoft Media Player" is permanently set to OFF and therefore does NOT turn on the PC, while at the same time the "Media Center PC SE" is set to allow it to have Power Control to be able to TURN ON the PC (because I am aware that to have BOTH the Microsoft Media Player AND the Media Center PCSE set to be able to turn ON and OFF the PC is NOT GOOD!!!)

The above issue is all that I care about at this point.

So, here are the steps that I took so far:

After adding the following DEVICES to the Myharmony.com account:

Media Center PC SE
Microsoft Media Player
JVC RS4910 Projector
Denon X4100w

I then went in and created the CUSTOM activity:

Then I selected an Activity Name. I named mine Kodi:

Then I selected my four devices in my system:

Choose "No input" for your MEDIA CENTER PC SE and your MICROSOFT MEDIA PLAYER

Then it asked me about which input my JVC Projector used:

Then it asked me about my JVC RS4910 as far as whether or not it "switched inputs" or "skipped unused inputs" I just took a guess and said "NO"

Then it asked me which input the Denon receiver used:

At this point it saved my Activity and Device data to the remote (THE REMOTE WAS PHYSICALLY CONNECTED VIA USB TO THE PC DURING THIS WHOLE TIME BY THE WAY)

Then it was time to "change" the DEVICE settings for the Windows Media Player. My goal here is program the Windows Media Player to NOT TURN ON when I use the POWER ON command to turn on the PC!!!!!!!!!! I chose the option: "I WANT TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE WHEN NOT IN USE"
Is that the correct option that I want if I need to tell the [b]Windows Media Player to NOT turn on the PC when I press the Power ON button on the Harmony Remote?[/b]

CONTINUED ONTO THE NEXT POST...

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi - by HTFanatic - 2016-04-23, 23:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6