• 17(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
(2016-04-26, 03:22)HTFanatic Wrote:
(2016-04-24, 05:28)Warner306 Wrote: Without confirming with the software in front of me, you should have only one device that has a power button at all. So delete all references to power on/off for the Microsoft Media Player. It doesn't need a power state (power toggle) and should not be set to power on.

Personally, I have used Windows Media Center SE to power the PC on and off from Sleep (S3). Replace MEDIA CENTER PC SE with:

Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: Windows Media Center SE

Same button for power on and off; power toggle (with or without a delay); no input required.

Note: No need for all the images to solve this one, but thanks for the visuals.

This is not how you "remove the power command" right?
But there is no way to "remove" the Power Toggle in this setting/window in the image below.
If I click on the "Power Toggle" And click "Next" I get the following window which I don't think is what I want in order
to remove the Power Toggle/Command from Windows Media Center

Thanks, but as per the image below, I believe that I have already chosen the manufacturer "Microsoft" Windows Media Center SE and not just "Windows Media Center SE", so do I still need to replace it because I think I already have what you are telling me to get.

Also, can you share how I can "remove the power toggle" from Windows Media Player?

This is the next page I get if I click on the "Next" page after choosing the "Add or Fix Command" for the Device (Windows Media Player)

(2016-04-26, 03:32)HTFanatic Wrote: This is the next page I get if I click on the "Next" page after choosing the "Add or Fix Command" for the Device (Windows Media Player)

One of the images you posted has a powertoggle command and a garbage can icon, which can be used to delete this command.
Hi, new to the forum. Just wanted to take the time to thank Warner306 for the fantastic, comprehensive write up!

Have been a harmony 900 owner for a few years now (was on MacOS now moved to Windows 7).

I have been searching endlessly for a coupe of years now, to control my HTPC (Mini ITX case, so I have motherboard restrictions) with my harmony 900 (particular sleep/wake). I have no specific sleep settings in my BIOS (only wake with keyboard or mouse) so I was really struggling to find the right receiver to achieve this.

Well finally, I found the ideal receiver (USB) which sleeps/wakes with no problem, so I wanted to share this with any of you guys who have had issues with sleep/wake. I'm from the UK, so Maplins have this click here. For £10.00 it's a steal.

Salutations! Smile
DonFran
What could I be doing wrong with my setup if I downloaded ShowKey, and make a shortcut to it on my Desktop, then I open up Showkey and
then when I try pressing buttons on my Harmony Ultimate, ShowKey does not respond or show any commands responding (just blank)?
I made sure that I even took the Harmony Ultimate and place it 6 inches away from the eHome Transciever. The Harmony Ultimate IR Blaster is right in front of the eHome Transceiver (basically touching it) so I know that it is not an "IR Blaster/Hub/eHome Transceiver connectivity" issue.
You know that I have the correct Devices (Windows Media Center and the PC SE devices) setup as per my screen shots / visual images.
(2016-05-01, 16:39)HTFanatic Wrote: What could I be doing wrong with my setup if I downloaded ShowKey, and make a shortcut to it on my Desktop, then I open up Showkey and
then when I try pressing buttons on my Harmony Ultimate, ShowKey does not respond or show any commands responding (just blank)?
I made sure that I even took the Harmony Ultimate and place it 6 inches away from the eHome Transciever. The Harmony Ultimate IR Blaster is right in front of the eHome Transceiver (basically touching it) so I know that it is not an "IR Blaster/Hub/eHome Transceiver connectivity" issue.
You know that I have the correct Devices (Windows Media Center and the PC SE devices) setup as per my screen shots / visual images.

Oops...My bad...I thought that Showkey was used to allow you to press the Harmony remote buttons and have ShowKey display a command, but
it is the keyboard that you press buttons to let you know what the command to enter into your KEYBOARD.XML if you want to add to your KEYBOARD.xml.
Please ignore previous post/blunder.
Also, regarding this "Keymap" below of the Harmony PC SE and the MCE Keyboard.
As I stated earlier, I don't have a "FastForward" option under my two Devices (Windows Media PC SE and the MCE Keyboard) nor do I have a "Rewind" option so is there
something wrong with my two devices?

As per the "Keymap" in your original instructions on page 1 which is in the image below, are all of these commands listed below supposed to be on my list of shortcuts under Windows Media PC SE or MCE Keyboard?? I ask because many of the items below are not on either, especially FastForward or Rewind.

(2016-05-02, 19:48)HTFanatic Wrote: Also, regarding this "Keymap" below of the Harmony PC SE and the MCE Keyboard.
As I stated earlier, I don't have a "FastForward" option under my two Devices (Windows Media PC SE and the MCE Keyboard) nor do I have a "Rewind" option so is there

As per the "Keymap" in your original instructions on page 1 which is in the image below, are all of these commands listed below supposed to be on my list of shortcuts under Windows Media PC SE or MCE Keyboard?? I ask because many of the items below are not on either, especially FastForward or Rewind.

Windows Media PC SE should have FastForward and Rewind. Otherwise, the commands are F and R (when using MCE Keyboard).
(2016-05-02, 23:45)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-05-02, 19:48)HTFanatic Wrote: Also, regarding this "Keymap" below of the Harmony PC SE and the MCE Keyboard.

Windows Media PC SE should have FastForward and Rewind. Otherwise, the commands are F and R (when using MCE Keyboard).

I got it working last night for the first time! I was able to use the "directional" buttons on the Harmony remote to direct the flow of the Contextual menu and then select "Movies" then I hit the OK button to go into the "Movies" list and then I was able to "browse" the Movies I have with the simple directional buttons. I also configured the "colored" buttons at the bottom of the Harmony Ultimate with specific commands using the "drag and drop" feature of the MyHarmony.com software where it shoes the image of the remote and you click on the button that you want to configure on the image of the remote and a highlighted "red" outline lets you know which Harmony Remote button you want to program.
I'm now diving into the keyboard.xml file creation. I have made the file and placed it in the correct directly but so far it is blank.

I don't understand here though where you are instructed to use the command "CTRL + Esc" as the command in the Keyboard.xml file to go to the "Home" screen,
but the actual "shortcut" ie the Keystroke for the shortcut to get the "Home" screen is simply "Esc" and not "CTRL + Esc" as I highlight in the visual image for the "Keyboard Controls"
for Kodi. Why is "CTRL" added to "Esc" (CTRL + Esc)?

[i][i][b][i]Review the portion of the guide regarding the creation of a keyboard.xml. You can take any command in the Windows Media Center SE control list and convert it to a Kodi command. This is the portion I'm talking about:

Advanced Configuration – keyboard.xml

It is possible to add commands not included in the list of Kodi keyboard controls by creating a file called a keyboard.xml. For example, if I wanted a command to return to the home screen, I would add the following to my keyboard.xml:

keyboard.xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<esc mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(home)</esc>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

The entry in the Harmony software would look like this:

Down Arrow (Harmony) --> Home --> Cntrl+Esc (SE)

If I wanted to map commands already assigned to other keys for specific circumstances, such as fullscreen playback, subsections could be added:

<keymap>
<FullScreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<home>subtitledelay</home>
<esc>AudioNextLanguage</esc>
</keyboard>
</FullScreenVideo>
</keymap>

The above file should be created in a text editor such as Notepad or Notepad++ and saved as keyboard.xml. The .xml must be stored at the following location:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps

Click here for a complete list of Kodi Action IDs.
Click here for a complete list of Kodi built-in functions.

More information on the formatting and contents of a keyboard.xml can be found here.

Link: Another take on how to bind a key to a custom command.

I wasn't aware of any limitations regarding the use of MCE Keyboard with Intel NUcs. Is this true? Will the NUC not accept direct keyboard commands such as I, C, S, etc.
Windows - HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
Windows - HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters, XySubFilter & madVR
[/b][/i][/i][/i]
Quote:Windows Media PC SE should have FastForward and Rewind. Otherwise, the commands are F and R (when using MCE Keyboard).

You were absolutely correct. I just didn't see it because a lot of the commands look "grayed out" and some are "bold" so I didn't at first see all of the "grayed out" options.

Why are some of the commands "grayed out" and others are "bold" what is the meaning between the two types?
Onto the Keyboard.xml:

So, I created a keyboard.xml and placed it the correct directory (I made sure that the file is saved as a .xml and NOT as a .txt)
and I added the below lines to it:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<m>SendClick(Videos,10)</m>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Then I save it and exited the xml file.

Then I open up my MyHarmony.com account and chose the "MCE Remote" device and went into "Button" programming mode. and programmed one of my "colored" buttons at the bottom of the Harmony remote to the letter "M". Then I synced my remote and then clicked the colored button I programmed on the Harmony remote and nothing happened.

Any ideas what I did wrong?
(2016-05-04, 19:15)HTFanatic Wrote: Onto the Keyboard.xml:

So, I created a keyboard.xml and placed it the correct directory (I made sure that the file is saved as a .xml and NOT as a .txt)

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Then I open up my MyHarmony.com account and chose the "MCE Remote" device and went into "Button" programming mode. and programmed one of my "colored" buttons at the bottom of the Harmony remote to the letter "M". Then I synced my remote and then clicked the colored button I programmed on the Harmony remote and nothing happened.

No idea, actually. It could be the skin you are using has a different number for that window. Try Aeon Nox 5 or Aeon Nox Silvo. Navigate to the videos section and press "m." The library should cycle between watched, unwatched and all videos.

This thread has more information: 94925 (thread).

Also, make sure the key "m" isn't repeated elsewhere in your keymap.

More info on built-in controls here: http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_Built_In_C...deoNav.xml.
(2016-05-05, 00:34)Warner306 Wrote:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

No idea, actually. It could be the skin you are using has a different number for that window. Try Aeon Nox 5 or Aeon Nox Silvo. Navigate to the videos section and press "m." The library should cycle between watched, unwatched and all videos.

More info on built-in controls here: http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_Built_In_C...deoNav.xml.

Thanks. Yes, "M" is not in the keymap anywhere or in that keyboard.xml file anywhere.

I just though of an idea and I am going to try it tonight.

Can I create a completely separate "Activity" which will require me to obviously leave all of my Devices on for my my "Kodi" activity, which will be a separate "Activity" that goes
directly into Kodi's "Movie" database display? All I have to do then is figure out the Action command/Shortcut to the Kodi "Movie" list.

Is this possible or is this considered a "Macro" and therefore beyond the scope of this Thread/Guide?

Or are my only option to get past the "Home Screen" into any of its options (such as "Movies" or "Settings" etc) to add the following to my XML file and then
program a certain button on the Harmony Ultimate remote itself to the shortcut "Letter" assigned to whatever action I want in the XML file below?

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<o>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)</o>
<i>ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles)</i>
<l>ActivateWindow(Music,Artists)</l>
<j>ActivateWindow(Settings)</j>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
(2016-05-05, 00:34)Warner306 Wrote:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

I figured out what the problem was. I was just re-reading the Harmony Ultimate manual online for like the 5th time and I just noticed this information below.
I went into the "Device" and assigned the button. You have to go into the activity and assign it as per the instructions below:

Device Mode
It is recommended that you do not map buttons while in Device Mode because the mapping will not carry over into
any of your Activities. Instead, select an Activity to map buttons for.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6