• 19(current)
Win HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi
Hello All,

I'm a recent convert from WMC to Kodi running on Pi3. I have a Harmony650 and I'm trying to get my keys mapped to function as they did in WMC (WAF). I'm using WMC as a backend PVR and using Kodi PVR WMC Client addon for frontend LiveTV, etc. I cannot get the guide button on my remote to bring up the PVR guide. I'm also using Aeon Nox Silvo skin and I have the Home WIndow LiveTV Menu Item action set to "ActivateWindow(TVGuide)" and it goes to the guide as desired. Remote.xml is set to same "<guide>ActivateWindow(TVGuide)</guide>" but it will not bring up the guide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
(2016-07-10, 18:28)lords8n Wrote: Hello All,

I'm a recent convert from WMC to Kodi running on Pi3. I have a Harmony650 and I'm trying to get my keys mapped to function as they did in WMC (WAF). I'm using WMC as a backend PVR and using Kodi PVR WMC Client addon for frontend LiveTV, etc. I cannot get the guide button on my remote to bring up the PVR guide. I'm also using Aeon Nox Silvo skin and I have the Home WIndow LiveTV Menu Item action set to "ActivateWindow(TVGuide)" and it goes to the guide as desired. Remote.xml is set to same "<guide>ActivateWindow(TVGuide)</guide>" but it will not bring up the guide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

<guide> should be a key press, no? <c> if you are using MCE Keyboard and a Harmony remote. You are using a Harmony?

ActivateWindow(PVROSDGuide) might also be useful.

These are you possible Window IDs: Window_IDs (wiki)
Thanks for the help Warner306. Yes, Logitech Harmony 650. I was able to get just about everything set up as needed using the WindowID wiki you provided. I'm still having trouble getting the SMSJump function to work with the Harmony 650. I tried editing keyboard.xml file as recommended in another forum, but I can't seem to get it to work. Any help with that would be much appreciated. Also, does anyone have any experience using Logitech Harmony Hub via bluetooth with Kodi on Pi3 with LibreElec? I'm getting a new setup and would really like to eliminate the IR receiver I'm currently using. I know the Pi3 has Bluetooth but I read a few posts that it doesn't function as well as expected. My TV does have HDMI CEC but I don't believe it is possible to pass commands through CEC using Harmony remote with Kodi. Am I wrong about this?
Hi all, I know this is very likely posted in the wrong thread but I'm trying to find out how to configure a harmony remote to work with Kodi running on the Apple TV 4. I thought perhaps the keystrokes listed here* would be the same but they don't work. My guess is because the remote is sending those commands under the wrong IR signal which makes me think the solution might be really simple... however I can't figure it out and searching the forums doesn't seem to yield the specific answer I need. (These guides seem to be specific either to Windows, Mac, or Linux but nothing specific to the Apple TV) Undecided

Again, apologies if this is in the wrong place but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very much obliged. Blush

Alex

* ps Just to clarify I'm looking to turn the Harmony into a Kodi-specific remote (with all buttons doing Kodi-specific actions like on the first page of this thread), I can already control Kodi using the remote as an Apple TV remote but this only offers pretty basic functionality.
(2016-08-22, 17:15)slvrpxl Wrote: Hi all, I know this is very likely posted in the wrong thread but I'm trying to find out how to configure a harmony remote to work with Kodi running on the Apple TV 4. I thought perhaps the keystrokes listed here* would be the same but they don't work. My guess is because the remote is sending those commands under the wrong IR signal which makes me think the solution might be really simple... however I can't figure it out and searching the forums doesn't seem to yield the specific answer I need. (These guides seem to be specific either to Windows, Mac, or Linux but nothing specific to the Apple TV) Undecided

Again, apologies if this is in the wrong place but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very much obliged. Blush

Alex

* ps Just to clarify I'm looking to turn the Harmony into a Kodi-specific remote (with all buttons doing Kodi-specific actions like on the first page of this thread), I can already control Kodi using the remote as an Apple TV remote but this only offers pretty basic functionality.

You are stuck using the Apple TV as a device, so you won't be capable of creating the same level of customization.
(2016-08-22, 19:29)Warner306 Wrote: You are stuck using the Apple TV as a device, so you won't be capable of creating the same level of customization.
Thanks for responding so quickly. Is that because the ATV can only accept/interpret certain types of signals?
(2016-08-22, 21:39)slvrpxl Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 19:29)Warner306 Wrote: You are stuck using the Apple TV as a device, so you won't be capable of creating the same level of customization.
Thanks for responding so quickly. Is that because the ATV can only accept/interpret certain types of signals?

Yes, I think that is the idea. The ATV accepts commands from its remote and Harmony can emulate that. Maybe you can connect an MCE IR receiver to the ATV USB port?
(2016-08-22, 23:55)Warner306 Wrote: Yes, I think that is the idea. The ATV accepts commands from its remote and Harmony can emulate that. Maybe you can connect an MCE IR receiver to the ATV USB port?
Okay awesome, thanks for your help Warner306. Much appreciated!
(2015-04-22, 14:04)randommonth Wrote: Hi Guys,

This looks like a very helpful tutorial however I was disappointed to find no reference to Bluetooth. Is it possible??

I have a Harmony Ultimate with Hub. I successfully paired the hub with my PC through Bluetooth (it sees it as the Harmony Keyboard), and I can basically control things with my remote. If I start Kodi manually, I can navigate around the screens with the direction pad on the remote, however most of the buttons obviously aren't mapped.

I'm guessing I'm close but could someone point out what next steps I should take to be able to launch Kodi from the remote and map all the buttons I want?

Thanks!!

yes bluetooth is possible, please check my post, (dont wanne hijack this one)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239190
(2015-04-28, 00:19)karlshea Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 14:04)randommonth Wrote: Hi Guys,

This looks like a very helpful tutorial however I was disappointed to find no reference to Bluetooth. Is it possible??

I have a Harmony Ultimate with Hub. I successfully paired the hub with my PC through Bluetooth (it sees it as the Harmony Keyboard), and I can basically control things with my remote. If I start Kodi manually, I can navigate around the screens with the direction pad on the remote, however most of the buttons obviously aren't mapped.

I'm guessing I'm close but could someone point out what next steps I should take to be able to launch Kodi from the remote and map all the buttons I want?

Thanks!!

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I previously had a Pivos running Kodi paired with it over IR and everything worked perfectly (the Pivos can be picked directly in the device setup), so there's a working keymap in the Logitech database for the Ultimate remote.

If I pair over bluetooth to the chromebox as a windows computer some of the keys work, so it seems like I would have to manually assign the rest? Picking a MCE remote does nothing, and the default "LogitechHarmony WindowsPC" commands don't include enough options.

hereby the fully guide
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239190
(2016-02-24, 17:15)E92er Wrote: I can get everything to work except the "Back" button on my Harmony One! Anyone else having the same problem??

I'm having the same problem. E92er: Did you ever resolve this problem?
Welches OS benutzt du?

Falls du Linux benutzt: was gibt "irw" auf der Konsole (SSH) aus, wenn du deine Backtaste auf der Fernbedienung betätigst?

Hast du dich schon mit der Kodi Keymap (remote.xml) oder der Lircmap.xml beschäftigt?

Es ist alles lösbar! [WINKING FACE]
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
This guide is dedicated to configuring a Logitech Harmony remote to control Kodi Entertainment Center. Set up is specific to Windows.
Sorry, I don't know why I wrote in german...

@ajgarvin Did you check the Lircmap.xml and the remote.xml?

I don't use kodi with a remote on a Windows based system. But both files are independent from the base (Windows, Linux, Libreelec).

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
I've just received my Harmony Elite and configured it to work with Kodi and I also get the delay as shown in this video: https://youtu.be/qWAez8rwGLk

I've already tried to change the delay and number of repeats, but the delay was always the same.

Is there a way to lower this delay?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Configure a Logitech Harmony Remote for Kodi6