WIP Sio2-X - Isengard
Hi fastcolors, I've made a screensaver for Kodi, unfortunately addons can't use their own Fonts and we have to rely on skins to provide them.
Would you please add one font size?
I've tested it already with SiO2 and that font size should work perfectly.

If you need any more information please let me know.
Thank you for your help!
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
merged.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
Just to inform everyone, especially the developer, the issue I was asking for a fix was release dependent and was fixed by the developer (of this special release) on 08/20/2015. Thanks anyways and sorry if I thought it was skin related.
(2015-08-14, 21:43)future123 Wrote: Hello fast I have am mx2 openelec 5.0.8. I like your skin but think I am missing something. Would you show me how to set up and keep your skin up to date and make it run wife friendly.

Just install my repo and the skin will autoupdate!
for further help, please be more specific and be sure to search the sio2 forum and the forum in general, I won't imagine how helpful it comes to just browse around a bit!

cheers!

(2015-08-24, 19:24)fedux Wrote: Just to inform everyone, especially the developer, the issue I was asking for a fix was release dependent and was fixed by the developer (of this special release) on 08/20/2015. Thanks anyways and sorry if I thought it was skin related.

sweet. :-)
Image Image
I really want to give this a go on my idevices, but the lack of touch support makes it impossible. Is touch support going to be added in the near future? Thanks in any event
(2015-08-25, 07:37)loobu Wrote: I really want to give this a go on my idevices, but the lack of touch support makes it impossible. Is touch support going to be added in the near future? Thanks in any event

not sure, main reason being that I have no device to test on... :-(
Image Image
Hey, trying to figure out if this is my hardware\configuration or something else.

I have a Win MCE remote: GP-IR02BK (TSGP-IR01) and I've noticed that when I adjust the volume sometimes the on screen volume icon with progress indicator doesn't go away and other times it stays for a few seconds then fades. If it doesn't leave I can make it go away by hitting the zoom button on my remote and going to the interface screen for a second or two then hitting the zoom button to take me back to the video and the volume icon is gone.

Another thing I've noticed is that videos tend to have a loading circle icon that persists even whie the video plays without issue. Have no idea what triggers it as it happens with some streamed video, some local videos and does so without any rhyme or reason I can see. Have been unsuccessful in seeing anything show up on logs but I will try to capture and upload a log if requested for either of these issues.

Has anyone else had these types of issues with the skin?
This doesn't look like a skin issue... Did you try with Confluence?
(2015-10-11, 09:02)fedux Wrote: This doesn't look like a skin issue... Did you try with Confluence?

Yep, do not see this behavior at all.

UPDATE: Just had a thought so I set vsync to always and restarted Kodi. (Usually I set that to only while playing videos.) So far I've played videos almost two hours now and have not had the volume persistence issue since. Doesn't mean that it's gone altogether (I did say that it was inconsistent, did I not?) but that may be the direction to look in if anyone else runs into this issue.

Have yet to stream anything but again I'm not seeing any circle\buffering since then so I'm hoping that I've solved my problem. Will update if I discover otherwise.

UPDATE II: since I enabled vsync to always on the problem has been eliminated.
Having issues installing on a fresh 15.2 installation.

First issue was with a dependency, the script.tv.show.next.aired.

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.tv.show.next.aired]: MD5 mismatch after download special://home/addons/packages/script.tv.show.next.aired-6.0.14.zip
ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.sio2x]: failed to install dependency script.tv.show.next.aired

I was able to manually install from the repo.

Next issue is this:

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.sio2x-isengard]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.sio2x-isengard

Any ideas?
(2015-10-22, 12:00)nitewulf Wrote: Having issues installing on a fresh 15.2 installation.

First issue was with a dependency, the script.tv.show.next.aired.

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[script.tv.show.next.aired]: MD5 mismatch after download special://home/addons/packages/script.tv.show.next.aired-6.0.14.zip
ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.sio2x]: failed to install dependency script.tv.show.next.aired

I was able to manually install from the repo.

Next issue is this:

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.sio2x-isengard]: could not read addon description of special://home/addons/skin.sio2x-isengard

Any ideas?

which system are you on?

I just tried a fresh install on OSX - Kodi 15.2, and everything ran smoothly...

let me have some more infos!!
Image Image
Right sorry. platform would help too.

Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64. And I grabbed the skin from github. Downloaded the .zip from the isengard branch. I also tried the one linked at the top of the thread.
hi
I have upgraded to Isengard ~4 times now, and I keep having this issue with the skin. I hope you can help
Every time I upgrade, after I reboot, everything works as expected. I have a full screen video,no issues.
The next time I play a video, I have to manually bring up the player from the context screen, it refuses to do it on its own.

Edit to clairfy: If I click on a video in Youtube for instance, the video starts to play so the audio is going, but the focus stays on the search list. I have to bring up the context menus which gives me options like List:, SortBy, Descending, Search,Player
and then click Player to see video

Has anyone else reported this? I tried searching, but came up with no relevant results.
kodi.log here
http://pastebin.com/gjS79RJn
any help would be nice,
if i revert the whole system back to Helix or Gotham, the issue is not present. (i have the same issue if i am running the Helix skin in Isengard, and the mouse pointer is really small, not normal)
BTW, I just realized,I never tested this on the default skin since I have been using Sio2X for at least 1 + year now and never use confluence Big Grin
EDIT: running osmc (Debian based obviously) on raspberrypi 2,
Edit 2: I have now tried the osmc skin, and confluence, neither exhibit this issue,

osmc@osmc:~/.kodi/addons/skin.sio2x-isengard$ head changelog.txt
* Isengard

* Spanish Localization by Blas Ortega Peñas
* Fix for time being wrong color in fullscreen infos
* Unwatched Episodes for sio2-x view

edit 3:
a new log
http://pastebin.com/0vNYj8qZ

I noticed this,

osmc@osmc:~$ cat .kodi/temp/kodi.log | grep "Display resolution"
12:57:38 144.783554 T:1163916320 NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1280x720 (1280x720) @ 59.94 - Full Screen (21) (weight: 0.000)
12:57:57 163.332123 T:1163916320 NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1280x720 (1280x720) @ 50.00 - Full Screen (25) (weight: 0.000)
12:58:06 172.456635 T:1155527712 NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1280x720 (1280x720) @ 59.94 - Full Screen (21) (weight: 0.000)
osmc@osmc:~$

On this set,
Full Screen (21) always played fine,
Full Screen (25) does not

edit 4:
I played the same video as before, (which gave Full Screen (21))
It did not open in full screen this time
this is the rest of the log, for this session
e
http://pastebin.com/QMHZR3mG

(sorry for the log paste)
(2015-10-23, 14:55)nitewulf Wrote: Right sorry. platform would help too.

Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64. And I grabbed the skin from github. Downloaded the .zip from the isengard branch. I also tried the one linked at the top of the thread.

can't seem to replicate the error... the only thing I found looking around is this... see if it helps:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2148708

(2015-10-31, 11:54)sparkyvanburen Wrote: hi
I have upgraded to Isengard ~4 times now, and I keep having this issue with the skin. I hope you can help
Every time I upgrade, after I reboot, everything works as expected. I have a full screen video,no issues.
The next time I play a video, I have to manually bring up the player from the context screen, it refuses to do it on its own.

Edit to clairfy: If I click on a video in Youtube for instance, the video starts to play so the audio is going, but the focus stays on the search list. I have to bring up the context menus which gives me options like List:, SortBy, Descending, Search,Player

Has anyone else reported this? I tried searching, but came up with no relevant results.
kodi.log here
any help would be nice,
if i revert the whole system back to Helix or Gotham, the issue is not present. (i have the same issue if i am running the Helix skin in Isengard, and the mouse pointer is really small, not normal)
BTW, I just realized,I never tested this on the default skin since I have been using Sio2X for at least 1 + year now and never use confluence Big Grin
Edit 2: I have now tried the osmc skin, and confluence, neither exhibit this issue,

Hi there
thanks for using sio2x
I'll see if I can figure out why this happens!!

PS: please don't paste log files in the forum
Image Image
(2015-08-11, 21:06)fastcolors Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 22:39)bornagainpengui Wrote: So far almost everything has been great. I redid my configuration for the Isengard release from scratch and installed the skin, this time I enabled sets for my movies. Took some tweaking to organize things properly but after everything was set up I noticed that there seemed to be no way to set the logo for the Sio2X mode display. Is there a way to get the sets to line up with the rest of my movies or do I have to give up on having sets for my movies?

You need to manually set the logo image.
download it into a reachable location, then highlight to the set and pull up context menu > choose "manage" and set the image for logo.

:-)

As you can see, there is no option to add a logo for a movie set.

(2015-11-02, 01:25)fastcolors Wrote:
(2015-10-31, 11:54)sparkyvanburen Wrote: hi

kodi.log here
any help would be nice,

Hi there
thanks for using sio2x
I'll see if I can figure out why this happens!!

PS: please don't paste log files in the forum

Just wanted to mention that I am also experiencing this. Not sure why. If there's anything I can do to help move along discovering why this is happening please let me know. I would be happy to link a log to you if it would be useful.

If it matters I am running Kodi on a Ubuntu-Mate install. Since Ubuntu is a Linux derivative of Debian I thought I should mention it in case this turns out to be a Linux related issue. Are any of the Windows or Mac guys experiencing any issues?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sio2-X - Isengard1