Unable to access TVHeadend Web Interface
I have been using openelec for a fair while now and I have installed it many times before without too many issues, and certainly without issues that have prevented its use. Unfortunately recently, I was unable to watch live tv. The option just didnt appear in kodi even after enabling it. TVHeadend was still working as I was able to watch live tv from other computers. So, I decided to reinstall openelc and start again.

The installation seemed to go fine but I could not find an option for enabling tvheadend backend. I could find tvheadend frontend along with lots of others but there did not seem to be a backend option to enable.

As it says in the guide "OpenELEC currently ships with Tvheadend 3.4 backend software. There are others available as well, but they're not covered by this article. You will need to enable the addon from the settings, so select Settings -> Add-ons -> Services -> tvheadend and enable it."

There was no way to enable it from within openelec. I could only enable the frontend.

So, I then found a zip file of the backend and installed it. However, I cannot login to the web interface. I have checked the ip address of my openelec setup and it has not changed from last time. As a result, I can not setup my dual tuner.

Please can you help me to sort this problem out. I really have no idea why this won't work. I did have a really rock solid setup and this is so frustrating.

Let me know if you need any more detail.
Hello!

Which version of OpenELEC did you install?
Is it a Raspberry Pi Image? I have the same issue on my new RASPBERRY PI 2 MODEL B.

I can activate the Add-on as described but the TVH service will not start - so the web interface cannot be accessed!

any help would be appreciated from my side as well! Big Grin

Actually the openELEC forums might also be a good source for help!
Did you already ask there?

just found that post: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1790142
maybe you could give this a try.
/krijeck
rebuilding ....
Hi,

Yes I've asked over there too. I am using the generic build: 64bit build, [Stable] OpenELEC 5.0.5 (x86_64). I am using a custom built HTPC. It has run openelec successfully for 4 months or so.

The advice I've been asked to try was installing the OpenELEC unofficial add-on repository (which can be found in the official repository) and the tvheadend backend should be in there. Unfortunately, there are no add-ons or even categories in the repository.
(2015-03-10, 21:57)cluckin Wrote: The advice I've been asked to try was installing the OpenELEC unofficial add-on repository (which can be found in the official repository) and the tvheadend backend should be in there. Unfortunately, there are no add-ons or even categories in the repository.

had the same issue!
made a restart and a refresh of the add ons and then all folders were present.

TVheadend is there and website works (unfortunately the version 3.9.2496~gd386ed0 where I do not have any idea to activate IPTV) ...
rebuilding ....
(2015-03-10, 21:57)cluckin Wrote: Hi,

Yes I've asked over there too. I am using the generic build: 64bit build, [Stable] OpenELEC 5.0.5 (x86_64). I am using a custom built HTPC. It has run openelec successfully for 4 months or so.

The advice I've been asked to try was installing the OpenELEC unofficial add-on repository (which can be found in the official repository) and the tvheadend backend should be in there. Unfortunately, there are no add-ons or even categories in the repository.

Try to refresh the repository (right-click and choose refresh or something like that). Once you get the unofficial repository installed you should be able to find the tvheadend addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to access TVHeadend Web Interface0