ACCEPTED: NVIDIA GameStream
It follows its closely while waiting for your stuff to get completed and working and tested this can fill the gap cause its been a popular demand on OSMC forum to include into the disto
great. so when are we going to see some retroplayer OSMC builds Wink
(2015-10-21, 13:22)ashlar Wrote: 2) I read that Nvidia will be bringing 5.1 audio streaming to GameStream. Are there plans to integrate their new version with this?
+1 on this, I have been wanting to move my gaming machine upstairs, but won't compromise the surround sound for it. Will be keeping an eye on this.
(2015-10-27, 19:33)garbear Wrote: great. so when are we going to see some retroplayer OSMC builds Wink

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/test-kodi-bu...port/8799/

enjoy Smile
Hi

How is this project going? The last updated on git is dated on August. Is there any way to test & try over OpenELEC 6.0.0 @ RPi2 ? Thanks! Smile
Hi guys,
As aikoncwd I'd be happy to try the current build on OpenELEC and provide feedback to the devs. Any way to do that at the moment?
my Openelec hardware is intel bay trail-m SoC (ESC Liva)
Thanks.
(2015-12-18, 11:23)hahaha Wrote: Hi guys,
As aikoncwd I'd be happy to try the current build on OpenELEC and provide feedback to the devs. Any way to do that at the moment?
my Openelec hardware is intel bay trail-m SoC (ESC Liva)
Thanks.

Hi

I finally have a working version of moonlight working on RaspberryPi2, it works very well, stable, no lag, perfect sound, joystick full compatible, etc... It works over Raspbian Jessie (not OpenELEC), so I abandoned my OpenELEC image and switched to Rasbian. Every other modules still works on raspbian like retropie, kodi and hyperion).

If you want more info, let me know.
I have finally managed to have moonlight run on OpenELEC on the Raspberry Pi2.
I have compiled instructions on how to do it here : https://github.com/Athou/moonlight-opene...spberrypi2
(2015-10-26, 21:56)garbear Wrote: thanks for the links. moonlight-embedded uses libgamestream, which is basically a C version of amiyaguchi's gamestream project. I was actually having difficulty porting the crypto stuff to OSX, so this is perfect. libgamestream has all the code I need to get this working.

Not sure how close OSMC follows kodi's release cycle, but I'm aiming to merge gamestream support for version 17. Seeing as how the 17 merge window is opening in a few months, we could be shipping gamestream support within the next half year. Hopefully this will mean one less script for you guys to maintain, as built-in support should offer a better experience than switching to an external application.

Hi Garbear, Just wondering if gamestream support is still on the cards for Kodi 17?
Would be awesome if that was the case.

TC
possibly v18. i've removed the retroplayer core from kodi and I'm adding game support to fermetmenta's VideoPlayer work. this will take some time, but gamestream is just h264 and opus audio, so videoplayer is well suited for this
garbear, will videoplayer really work for this? All playback controlls would have to be blocked (besides of stop) and we likely would need some other special case handling (custom OSD, ...).
RetroPlayer was just a stripped down version of VideoPlayer. It was just the bare minimum needed for our purposes, but it was 100% a duplication of code in VideoPlayer (plus the stuff to handle raw pixel formats). I considered taking the VideoPlayer approach originally. However, VideoPlayer was such a mess, and I was so new to large C++ projects, that it was easier to just start over and steal the code I needed. Contrast with today - VideoPlayer has been cleaned up a lot and I have much more experience.

Both VideoPlayer and RetroPlayer are behind the same Player abstraction, so any GUI changes needed for VideoPlayer are identical to those needed for RetroPlayer.
How it is going? Is there any PR's, issues to track on?
The only pull request to follow is https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/pull/37. This tracks video decoder support in RetroPlayer.

Unfortunately, RetroPlayer's decoding of video made use of a private VideoPlayer API and this code had to be removed (https://github.com/FernetMenta/kodi-agile/pull/74). I'm taking advantage of this opportunity to do things right.

My new design includes multiplayer. Because this requires not just decoding video, but encoding it and sending it to another peer, when it's done we basically get GameStream for free. I've already written a thousand lines of code for the new version, but it's at least several months away because multiplayer is such a big project.

So it's a bummer GameStream requires so much more work, but that's the price you pay when you're trying to integrate with a million-line-of-code project.

I'll create a github issue somewhere so you can track the state of multiplayer.
Thanks, good luck with that.
Wouldn't it more feasible to break such a huge task to smaller parts? For example, first try to merge RetroPlayer without streaming, then add multi-player? Just assumption

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ACCEPTED: NVIDIA GameStream2