Linux How to build new PVR addons
Beats me. I've rebuilt kodi-platform with kodi isntalled and pvr.hts with kodi-platform and kodi isntalled.

Still getting the addon can't find pvr.hts.so error in logs.
Lag Ironic monkey I just saw your /usr/lib to /usr/lib64 note. I'll try that on my next build attempts.
@ironic_monkey, for the standalone case we need to use what configure gives us, as the user can override libdir as well.
Something like this should work: https://github.com/wsnipex/xbmc/commit/d...dfcf515498
@boblfoot, can you test this?

For in_kodi_tree building we need the multiarch stuff, currently addon-helpers has lib/kodi/addons hardcoded.
@wsnipex kodi and kodi-platform have built and installed fine with the patches you propose.

I can test kodi by launching and looking for function.

Is there a test of kodi-platform before building pvr.hts addon?

Out of time for now will build pvr.hts later tonight time permits.
nope, kodi-platform is a helper library for addons. not used by core.
OK , NCAA is over, KY lost yeah.

Now about kodi, kodi-platform and pvr.hts.

I got sick and tired of playing in mock, but I refuse to build on a production system that is doing other things, so I opened a Fedora 21 VM instance running gnome and built from git all three packages. They all built and installed as expected but when I try to run them I get a message "an unknoiw error has occurred. PVR addon could not be loaded. Could not load dll.

I guess this means I am really messing something up, but I am not sure what.
ok. something changed and the cmake stuff does not work anymore. Here is the error i get for cmake on kodi-platform and pvr.vdr.vnsi addons:
Quote:Could not find a package configuration file provided by "platform" with any
of the following names:

platformConfig.cmake
platform-config.cmake
yes, kodi-platform has been split and now needs https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/platform as dependency.
ok thank you. that worked.

but one issue is remaining. i build the pvr.vdr.vnsi addon and created a deb package with:
Quote:checkinstall -y --fstrans=no --install=yes --pkgname=kodi-pvr.vdr.vnsi --pkgversion="`date +%Y%m%d`.`git rev-list --abbrev-commit --max-count=1 HEAD`"
it installed fine. but the deb is only containing the library "pvr.vdr.vnsi.so.1.10.5" and the symbolic link "pvr.vdr.vnsi.so.15.0". Kodi though also needs the link "pvr.vdr.vnsi.so" which actually has been created in the build directory but it has not been included into the deb.

any idea what went wrong?
no idea what checkinstall is doing, I don't recommend using that. If you don't want to use our provided packages from our PPAs:
The proper way to build a deb is to clone the addon, create a changelog (e.g. by running dch or manually copying and editing changelog.in) and running debuild.

edit: apt-get install devscripts for needed build scripts
actually checkinstall was in the howto of xbmc to build packages for xbmc.

anyhow. strange that only exactly that symlink has not been cpied into the deb.

EDIT: running dch gives the error "no debian/changelog".
which howto? certainly nothing written by us.

re dch:
Code:
cd debian
sed -e 's/(.*)/(1.10.5)/' -e "s/#DIST#/$(lsb_release -c | awk '{print $2}')/" changelog.in > changelog
cd ..
debuild
aha, thank you.

but yes it was an older how to written officially by the xbmc team.

anyhow, thank you for explaining how it should be build now correctly. i wonder this is also described somewhere. i haven't looked into the wikis for quite some time Wink i guess i should do it again.

p.s. just for my understanding: your latest code there says to not use dch?
hmm, any idea why i get this error?
Quote:-- Installing: /usr/src/xbmc-stuff/pvr.vdr.vnsi/debian/tmp/usr/local/share/kodi/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/resources/skins/skin.confluence/720p/Admin.xml
-- Installing: /usr/src/xbmc-stuff/pvr.vdr.vnsi/debian/tmp/usr/local/share/kodi/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/resources/skins/skin.confluence/720p/ChannelScan.xml
-- Installing: /usr/src/xbmc-stuff/pvr.vdr.vnsi/debian/tmp/usr/local/share/kodi/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/addon.xml
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/xbmc-stuff/pvr.vdr.vnsi'
dh_install
cp: Aufruf von stat für »debian/tmp/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi“ nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
dh_install: cp -a debian/tmp/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi debian/kodi-pvr-vdr-vnsi//usr/lib/kodi/addons/ returned exit code 1
debian/rules:10: recipe for target 'binary' failed
make: *** [binary] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: Fehler: Fehler-Exitstatus von fakeroot debian/rules binary war 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1376:
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -d -us -uc failed

the strange thing is that the directory claiming to fail stat exists and has all what is needed etc.

EDIT: i see the messages are partially in german. it claims stat failed, file or directory missing.

EDIT2: Oh i see the difference. debuild created paths in tmp containing local/lib while dh_install tries to copy usr/lib/ instead of usr/local/lib.
it actually should be local. why is dh_install doing it wrong?
Its a bug, thanks for pointing it out. See https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vdr.vnsi/pull/8 for the fix

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to build new PVR addons2