• 1(current)
v15 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 15 Isengard
New update 7.1.13 11/07/2015.

Since Aeon MQ6 ver 3.2.0 has been released for Isengard in the official Kodi repo, there isn't as much need for updates to MQ5. However, I have continued to work on various parts of the skin as requested by users (or just my own opinion. The changes are these:

If you have the repo installed, it should be picked up with your updates, however the Github site which hosts the project uses a new URL to download zip files from, so I have a new repo ver 1.1.0 that can be installed. Installing the new repo has to be done manually (download the repo file and install from zip in Kodi addon manager).

Direct link to the zip file (if you don't use the repo) is here:

https://github.com/scott967/Aeon_MQ5_Mod...7.1.13.zip

Installation of Isengard mod is now via Kodi repo file located on github here:
https://github.com/scott967/Aeon_MQ5_Mod...-1.1.0.zip

Download this file and save locally where it can be found by Kodi addon browser. Install at least Kodi 15.0 beta 1 (Isengard). Note that the addon browser has been changed for Isengard. (Following assumes you are installing from Confluence skin.) Go to the settings addon browser, and select "install from zip file". Navigate to the local location you saved repository.aeon-mq5-mod-isengard-1.1.0.zip select, and then install. Now when you can again use the addon browser this time select "install from repository"

You will next see:

and select Aeon MQ5 Isengardmod Skin Repository

NEW FOR ISENGARD

Now there are 2 separate addons. One in category "GUI Sounds" and one in "Skin":

You should install both. Order of install does not matter. The GUI sounds are optional, but recommended to get the sounds that were used in Gotham (and Helixmod). With the release of MQ6, there is a sound resource addon for MQ6 in the official Kodi repo. You can use this if you prefer.

When you install the skin, during download Kodi will typically ask if you want to switch to new skin.

I recommend you select "no" at this time. Just let everything download and wait until Aeon MQ5 Isengardmod is enabled. Then you can use settings->appearance->skin to select and switch to MQ5.

After installing both addons, if you want to use the GUI sounds from MQ5, go to settings->appearance "GUI Sounds", select it, and you will see the option to switch to the MQ5 sounds (if you installed from Confluence, it should be set to Confluence sounds when you first enable MQ5). Note that there is an option of "skin default" and that will result in no sounds at all (not sure if this is a Kodi bug). Or if you have installed the MQ6 sound addon you could select it instead.

Optional add-ons for movie sets

If you use movie sets the following addons are required to get proper display:

1. Script.skin.info.service This is not available in a repo yet, so must be downloaded as a zip file and installed from zip in the add-on manager:

https://github.com/phil65/script.skin.in...master.zip

2. Script.moviesetart.frodo This is not available in a repo yet so must be downloaded as a zip file and installed from zip in the add-on manager:

http://trent.fi/xbmc/script.moviesetart.frodo.0.2.2.zip

For this script, you must have downloaded set art (it does not scrape art but does update the video database to display any art you have for the set / collection).

Updating from Helix 14.x

The following is recommended for users who have Aeon MQ5 Helixmod installed and running in Kodi 14.x and want to upgrade their Kodi to 15.0:

1. Install Kodi 15.0 as an upgrade to your existing Kodi 14 installation.

2. Go to the Addons Manager in the Settings. Disable the Helix repo (Aeon MQ5 Helixmod Skin Repository) in Add-ons--Enabled Add-ons--Add-on Repository.

3. Download the Aeon MQ5 Isengard Skin Repository:
https://github.com/scott967/Aeon_MQ5_Mod...-1.1.0.zip

4. Install the repository from the Addon Manager Add-ons -- Install from zip file

5. Once the new repo is installed and enabled, it should check for updates (depends on your Add-ons -- configure settings. I recommend setting auto Updates to Notify and Display Update Notification to "on".) You can then install the Isengard update from "Available Updates" (or if you have auto update it should update without having to install manually).

6. You should now have Aeon MQ5 Isengardmod 7.1.12 installed.

7. In Add-on Manager go to "Install from Repository" and select Aeon MQ5 Isengardmod Skin Repository. In the repository open "GUI Sounds" and select "Aeon MQ5 Isengard UI" and enable. This will install the UI sounds ver 7.1.8.

8. In Settings -- Appearance -- Skin click on "GUI Sounds" and there will be a pop-up where you can select "Aeon MQ5 Isengard UI" (or "Confluence" if you prefer).

That completes the 14-15 upgrade of Aeon MQ5. Note that Aeon MQ6 uses its own settings so there is no need to remove MQ5 to install and use MQ6.

scott s.
thanks so much for doing this. Much appreciated. Sure you will probably get another 20 pages with people asking how to install it hahah
Thank you, just installed it on top of the newest nightly KodiSetup-20150312-337f5f1-master (alpha 2).

Works great, but I still have some kind of performance issues with a few view-types. Some are super smooth, some are jerky and laggy. It started around 6.1.6, until 6.1.5 I never had something like that.

I have a DN2820FYKH with a SSD and 4 GB Ram.
(2015-03-13, 12:38)barenaked Wrote: Thank you, just installed it on top of the newest nightly KodiSetup-20150312-337f5f1-master (alpha 2).

Works great, but I still have some kind of performance issues with a few view-types. Some are super smooth, some are jerky and laggy. It started around 6.1.6, until 6.1.5 I never had something like that.

I have a DN2820FYKH with a SSD and 4 GB Ram.

i've the same Problem, but also within the Standart skin "Confluence" i think is a Kodi problem no spec of the skin
just installed this and mine doesnt say 7.1.7, it says its 6.15 ? . it works fine tho . thanks
(2015-03-14, 22:45)paulsk231 Wrote: just installed this and mine doesnt say 7.1.7, it says its 6.15 ? . it works fine tho . thanks

I just uploaded my first cut at it for a starting point. I have a bunch of fixed files that I still haven't pushed to github yet. Give me a few days as I am working through the list of changes announced so far.

scott s.
Thanks for porting MQ5 to Isengard Smile. Seems to work great here
I can't install the zip from your github, it's ~50mb instead of the one from this thread.
The error I get complains about the addon structure.
Hoping someone can help me with this... I have a fire Stick that has the latest version of 15.0 Isengard. For the last few days I have tried to load Aeon MQ5 isengard via a shared drive on my computer. Once I go into file manager and see the zip is in fact there I go to setings\addons\load from zip. When I select the zip file it tells me that the add on is not the correct structure. I went as far as copying it to the addon.data folder but it still does not load on my system. Can someone give me a play by play on how to load this skin as it is not available any other way?
(2015-04-02, 21:18)barenaked Wrote: I can't install the zip from your github, it's ~50mb instead of the one from this thread.
The error I get complains about the addon structure.

When installing the Helix mod u need to unzip it first as stated in the first post. You should be able to install the isengard mod directly.

Quote:Note: The zip files linked on this post cannot be installed "as is". You must unzip the file you download from here to a temporary location. After you unzip you will find three things:

1. A folder service.skin.widgets Inside this is a file you must manually move and replace in the Kodi addon "service.skin.widgets" (do this after you install the skin).

2. A text file readme.txt

3. A zip file skin.aeonmq5.helixmod.zip This is the file that you will browse to from within Kodi addon manager to "install from zip file".
Dear Scott
Any news about the release of the new version?
Thanks in advance
7.1.8 is released. See first post in thread for links. Install is from Kodi repository. This release contains all fixes from Helixmod ver 6.1.8, plus several new things for Isengard. As noted in the first post, ffor Isengard the GUI sounds have been removed from skins and are now placed in their own "resource" addons. The same thing is being done for the main Kodi language files. In the case of the language files, they will be "auto-installed" when you select a new language in the settings.

On seek bar, you can now see what the "dynamic seek" is currently set to:

For addons, "check for update" is now in the "configure" tab:

PVR Group Manager now has a radio button to "hide group".

scott s.
Thank you Scott!
Thank you
Exporting the settings doesnt work, it just opens some tvdb browser.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 15 Isengard6