Startup Boot Custom Video Splash
Tongue 
Hello there
Please guide me to the right forum for this post

First... I have a clean image for Raspberry Pi 2b of openelec 5.0.5 that I have tested and are still testing this on.

I have seen a lot of cool boot splash and video splash screens, but did not get any of them to work perfect.
I am using samfisher splash video right now when testing: samfisher SplashVideo

This is the challenges I have right now:
Want a clean boot splash screen with one video or image to show before kodi's menu appear
Right now I see three boot screens
Openelec - (image)
Kodi - (image)

and my custom video that I added like this:
in the folder: /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p
I added this line under the <window> tag at the top
<onload>PlayMedia(special://skin/introMovie.mp4)</onload>

I copied the movie to folder:
/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/

Thats it.

How can this be improved?

PS. I have tested to add my own splash video but only image will work with
this and you will get two images. first YOUR image then the KODI image.
I use putty to set read write on the flash folder and filezilla to copy the oemsplash.png
in putty I run this command:
mount /flash -o remount,rw
in FileZilla I copy my "oemsplash.png" image from the PC to the /flash folder
reboot the raspi

Br,
Hamak
Have you tried a nightly Milhouse build? That includes a boot animation video (using one of samfisher's).
Thank you very much for quick reply ;-)
I will test this right now ;-)
You can disable the OpenELEC splash image by adding "nosplash" to the end of your line in /flash/cmdline.txt

You can disable the Kodi splash image by adding "<splash>false</splash>" to advancedsettings.xml
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you very much ;-)
I will make a full tutorial as soon as I have everything in place.
A simple amateur tutorial for people like me ;-)
I have now tested 7 different splash files with the latest milhouse build but cannot get anyone to work.
All the videos are turning blank / black.

mp4, mov, qt, h264, avi, m4v, flv

and each file i renamed to splash.h264 and put in the /storage/.cache/ folder

I can post property spec for all files that look like this:
This is the original file that is working if anyone i understands it ;-)

General
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
File size : 5.53 MiB
Overall bit rate mode : Variable

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Bit rate mode : Variable
Maximum bit rate : 12.0 Mbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 30.000 fps
Standard : NTSC
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1849922

and

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1851076
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you very much this helped. ( I use FFMpeg for this )
If the movie you want to convert is 1080p or NOT 720p then it need to be resized 720p before the conversion.
Now everyone can convert any video to splash.h264 with these 2 lines of code:

If your file is not 720p you must first convert it to 720p with this line:
ffmpeg -i movie.mp4 -vf scale=-1:720 -c:v libx264 -crf 18 -preset veryslow -c:a copy movie720p.mp4

then convert your 720p file to splash.h264 with this line:
ffmpeg -i movie720p.mp4 -vcodec copy -bsf h264_mp4toannexb splash.h264

what I did was to make a 2 batch files named "Splash720.bat" and placed both lines inside:
ffmpeg -i movie.mp4 -vf scale=-1:720 -c:v libx264 -crf 18 -preset veryslow -c:a copy movie720p.mp4
ffmpeg -i movie720p.mp4 -vcodec copy -bsf h264_mp4toannexb splash.h264

and one batch file named SplashH264.bat and placed this line inside:
ffmpeg -i movie.mp4 -vcodec copy -bsf h264_mp4toannexb splash.h264

Now i only name the file I want to convert to splash.h264 to "movie.mp4" and click the batch file that must be used.

OK I now see it is not easy to make things look easy but this is easy.... i think ;-)
It does not play the full length of the "splash.h264" files.
If they are longer than it takes to boot they will terminate short and show KODI logo and dashboard
But they will play ;-)
Hmm... Kodi should wait until the video has played out:

https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...6a65521471
That commit is only in newclock4 branch. OE 5.0.5 won't wait for video.
(I guess it could be added to helix...)
Hmmm... where is this file so I can compare it with the file that was installed with the openelc version I used:

http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/maste...2cdb97.tar
How do I add it to Helix?
True, although I think @knutklo is using one of my builds which does have that commit. If he's using official builds then that would explain Kodi not waiting for the video to finish.
(2015-03-14, 21:29)knutklo Wrote: How do I add it to Helix?

You'll need to build OpenELEC Helix yourself, adding the patch to Kodi. Lot of work just for a splash video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup Boot Custom Video Splash0