Proposal: Better Multi User Profile Support
Hello, my name is David and I am currently a Junior in Computer Science at George Mason University in the United States. I have more experience with C then C++ as I have primarily worked on robots (Flockbots - A bit outdated right now) but I am quick at picking up new languages. I also know Python and Java.

I would like to implement better profile support with in Kodi, allow for more separation of user data such as addon, watch states, etc. Basicly I would like to devise and implement a better framework for handling user profiles as well as clean up all that hacks that are currently in place. I would also like to leave room for easy expandability for things like profile syncing, multi user log on, and parental control.

Quote:Name: David (Poplap)
Summary: Improve multi profile functions in Kodi by laying down a better framework that extends and cleans up the current state of profiles. Providing a better way to isolate user data and configurations such as addons and their data, as well as watch states and currently playing. As well provide an avenue to further extend the profile feature set in the future.
How will I achieve this: I will first design and implement, in C++, a framework that provides a standard interface for user data and profiles.
What will the project focus on: Development of an internal structure, as well as cleaning up the current state of user profiles.
Benefits: A better user experience for multi user HTPCs as well as hopefully improving how developers interact with user data.
Goals: 1. Get a better handle on how data is stored on the backend. 2. clean up the hacks and provide a bit more of a standard. 3. Lay the groundwork for future expansion and API improvements (JSON integration, etc)
What does it touch in Kodi: This will probably touch quite a bit, but for sure userdata, profiles, database, settings, addons, JSON and a few other areas.

(Carried over from: More info about "better profile support"?)
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposal: Better Multi User Profile Support0