After removing a movie from the db, how to to add it?
After removing a movie from the database - http://i.imgur.com/nJXv5Sa.png - how can I get the movie back into the database? Updating the data source does not appear to bring it back.
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
File mode, highlight file, press <info>.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Many thanks, nickr,

Very sorry, I cannot find the file mode. Do you mean the left side showing the files?
I mean go to "files", then follow you nose.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yes, I understand, but very sorry again...

Quote:File mode, highlight file, press <info>.
Hmmm, are you talking about Kodi?
OK easier now I have Kodi open in front of me.

In confluence go to videos, then click files. From there navigate to the file that is not in the library and press the <info> button.
Oh, I see, I am very sorry, nickr, TinyMediaManager was ment, not Kodi.

Sorry for the circumstances, thank you for your help anyway.
OK sorry, when it is not immediately obvious which sub forum I am in. Apologies.
(2015-03-15, 00:33)Dirki Wrote: After removing a movie from the database - http://i.imgur.com/nJXv5Sa.png - how can I get the movie back into the database? Updating the data source does not appear to bring it back.

I've tried to replicate your problem by removing a single movie from my collection using the 'Remove selected movie(s) (DB)' and all I needed to do to get it back was to update the data source.

If though, I use the 'Delete selected movie(s) (DB + file)', then updating the data source doesn't bring the movie back. This is obviously because the movie has been deleted from the HDD.

I know this may seem silly, but have you actually got the movie on your HDD? If it's under a folder called '.deletedByTMM' move it somewhere else, TMM ignores anything in this folder.

Hope this helps
CuBox i4Pro & RPi2 running Helix 14.1/Aeon Nox 5/OpenElec 5 both controlled with PS3 BD Media Remote, 2x 6TB D-Link NAS, tinyMediaManager
Quote: OK sorry, when it is not immediately obvious which sub forum I am in. Apologies.
No, no. There is no reason for apologies, your help always is very much appreciated, nickr.

Thank you, doive,

I have made it.

I used the right option, the information of the wrong movie had been downloaded before and I could not find the right information in the data bases. I could not remove / unbind the wrong information from the movie, so I deleted the movie from the db, but I missed that the nfo / info file, images (of the wrong movie) were still there and shown after updating the tMM db.

Many thanks again.
Dirki,

Have you now resolved your problem?

If you haven't you can remove the movie totally from TMM by using the 'Remove the selected movie(s) (DB)' option from within and then delete all the files within the movies folder except the movie using your favourite file manager.

Alternatively, you can just use the 'Movies'->'Scrape'->'Search & scrape selected movie(s)' option from within TMM and then changing the search field and searching until you find your correct movie. You can even enter the IMDB ID in the search field (if you know it).

Dave
CuBox i4Pro & RPi2 running Helix 14.1/Aeon Nox 5/OpenElec 5 both controlled with PS3 BD Media Remote, 2x 6TB D-Link NAS, tinyMediaManager
Yes, it is resolved now, Dave.

Quote: If you haven't you can remove the movie totally from TMM by using the 'Remove the selected movie(s) (DB)' option from within and then delete all the files within the movies folder except the movie using your favourite file manager.
Yes, I did it that way.

Quote:Alternatively, you can just use the 'Movies'->'Scrape'->'Search & scrape selected movie(s)' option from within TMM and then changing the search field and searching until you find your correct movie
Yes, I could not find the movie / docu (Grand Canyon - Das Natur-Weltwunder (2013)) in any database, that is why I used this option - 'Remove the selected movie(s) (DB)' - to get rid of the wrong title. I could not find another way to unbind the title without assigning / substitute with another one.

Many thanks.
Glad to hear it.

Perhaps if it's not listed anywhere, your best option might be to manually edit the NFO. This way at least TMM and Kodi will pick up the movie.

BTW I know you posted in another thread about ignoring certain movies, what I do is to create a folder in which I store all the movies (in their own folders) that I don't want scraped, and then just don't add that source to TMM. You can of course add this a source in Kodi so you can play them back.
Quote: Perhaps if it's not listed anywhere, your best option might be to manually edit the NFO. This way at least TMM and Kodi will pick up the movie.
So manually create a nfo file. The movie is shown as unscraped (but displayed) in tMM when there is no nfo, if I see it right. Yes, and Kodi does not show the movie at all when it is not scraped, unfortunately, if I remember it right.

Quote: BTW I know you posted in another thread about ignoring certain movies, what I do is to create a folder in which I store all the movies (in their own folders) that I don't want scraped, and then just don't add that source to TMM.
Yes, I would like to do it. But the movies not to be scraped shall / must be kept in the normal movie folder. They are movies on DVDs with menus etc., untouched, respectively files with the extension vob. And one DVD contains for example 3 movies, so it is difficult or it is not possible to scrape them correctly.

http://i.imgur.com/vtuOiOY.png
http://i.imgur.com/HKMYY7T.png
http://i.imgur.com/OzWZcBq.png

I have any idea how to manage that best, so I have created disc files each named with a single movie title and year, so the usual name scheme.

Many thanks.
I've just tried with a multi-movie DVD I have to re-create your problem. The DVD I had was labelled Z192 and had the following 3 movies on it: RV, Just My Luck & Shaggy Dog. I extracted the ISO into a folder called Z192, so I have sub-folders AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS within the it.

When I tried just scraping the source all I get is a warning message to say there are multiple videos in this folder and nothing is scraped. If I enable the multiple movies per folder, I still get nothing scraped.
If I rename the folder Z192 to 'Just My Luck', it correctly scrapes one of the movies. None of the other VTS files are listed, so I'm at a loss as to why you have them listed.

What I would do to scrape 3 films from the one source DVD is to create 3 folders each labelled with the name of their respective movies. Move the source VIDEO_TS folder to one of movie folders and then create links via the admin command prompt to this folder from with the other 2 movies. So for example (using the DVD above with all files in a folder called \Z192):

Code:
md "Just My Luck (2006)"
md "RV - Runaway Vacation (2006)"
md "The Shaggy Dog (2006)"

xcopy \Z192\VIDEO_TS "Just My Luck (2006)"

mklink /D "RV - Runaway Vacation (2006)\VIDEO_TS" "Just My Luck (2006)\VIDEO_TS"
mklink /D "The Shaggy Dog (2006)\VIDEO_TS" "Just My Luck (2006)\VIDEO_TS"

It will then scrape all 3 films properly with the correct NFO, posters, etc in each of the 3 folders for it's movie and you only have 1 copy of the source. Kodi should then just pick-up the information from the NFO's and everything plays properly.

I know it's a bit of a mess, but none of the external scrapers really deal with DVD's or multi-film DVD's properly.

Let me know what you think of my idea.

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After removing a movie from the db, how to to add it?0