After removing a movie from the db, how to to add it?
Many thanks for the comprehensive testing, Dave.

Yes, that's a very great idea. I assume, the first that works for vob files / DVDs that way.

Quote:I've just tried with a multi-movie DVD I have to re-create your problem. The DVD I had was labelled Z192 and had the following 3 movies on it: RV, Just My Luck & Shaggy Dog. I extracted the ISO into a folder called Z192, so I have sub-folders AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS within the it.
Yes, so the same file, folder structure like it is here.

Quote:If I rename the folder Z192 to 'Just My Luck', it correctly scrapes one of the movies. None of the other VTS files are listed, so I'm at a loss as to why you have them listed.
That might be because I have some more DVDs / vobs of DVDs and their folders are named in another way, e.g. with 3 names with year of the 3 movies of the DVD. I tried to get it to work with some of the naming schemes - http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies and http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows - but I didn't.

Quote: I know it's a bit of a mess, but none of the external scrapers really deal with DVD's or multi-film DVD's properly.
Yes, may be a little bit messy, but, indeed, none of those naming schemes - of the pages the links above lead to - appear to work.
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
Just had a flash of inspiration.... And it works (at least on Windows 7), to create a series of folders that are scanned upon scraping but ignored, create a directory called ".Ignore" (or anything else that starts with a ".") and move those folders (or files) you want not to be scraped. You will have to do this from the command prompt as you can't create a folder starting with a "." (period) from file manager.

Another tested idea for your multiple movie DVD's is to leave them in their .ISO file format so you have just 1 file for each DVD. Create the movie folders (named as the movie) as required for each DVD and then create the links to the DVD ISO file using:

Code:
mklink /H movie.iso "path to DVD ISO".

The advantage of this method over the one I previously mentioned is that using the /H (hardlink) option over the /D (directory) or /J (junction) options is that with hardlinks, the file is only deleted once all links to it are deleted.

Kodi will happily deal with .ISO files and play them correctly.
CuBox i4Pro & RPi2 running Helix 14.1/Aeon Nox 5/OpenElec 5 both controlled with PS3 BD Media Remote, 2x 6TB D-Link NAS, tinyMediaManager
That's great, many thanks for trying, Dave.

Very strange, that there obviously is no media manager which can manage such media files, vob files, it seems to be that easy to implement it.

Quote: Just had a flash of inspiration.... And it works (at least on Windows 7), to create a series of folders that are scanned upon scraping but ignored, create a directory called ".Ignore" (or anything else that starts with a ".") and move those folders (or files) you want not to be scraped. You will have to do this from the command prompt as you can't create a folder starting with a "." (period) from file manager.

That's good, easier. I just created a folder (strangly it can be done with Win Explorer or other file managers here) with a dot at the beginning. So the best would be I do it like that, I assume:

I:/Movies/James Bond/.James Bond/all-vob-files.vob
and
I:/Movies/James Bond/Skyfall (2012).
I:/Movies/James Bond/Goldfinger (1970).disc
etc.

The drawback is, I have - after having found the disc file with the movie name - to start the movie by clicking the (I have forgotten, but I assume it is the ) folder containing the vob files.

Quote:Another tested idea for your multiple movie DVD's is to leave them in their .ISO file format so you have just 1 file for each DVD.
I do not have the original DVDs, so I would have to convert the copies of them to .iso files, but that might be a bit...

Quote: Create the movie folders (named as the movie) as required for each DVD and then create the links to the DVD ISO file using:
Yes, I have some iso files on my drives, they are scraped properly. I have almost all of my movies in one folder, sometimes subfolder containing a single movie.

Quote: Kodi will happily deal with .ISO files and play them correctly.
Yes, I already had played some of them, the DVD menu is shown either.

Many thanks.
sorry for the late reply - been quite busy

just a few comments; what i found out:
1) it works with .iso files and with extracted VIDEO_TS folders (first beeing easier to handle)
2) use a VIDEO_TS folder (and do not just put all your VOBs in the movie root directory!)
3) when having extracted VIDEO_TS folders, it ONLY work in Kodi with <filename>.nfo (UNCHECK movie.nfo and the video_ts.nfo setting, else it won't be found)

then a structure like:
ds\dvd\VIDEO_TS (the extracted dvd outside our movie datasource)
ds\movies\Skyfall (2012)\VIDEO_TS -> \dvd\VIDEO_TS (hard/soflink)
ds\movies\Goldfinger (1970)VIDEO_TS -> \dvd\VIDEO_TS (hard/soflink)
works flawlessly in Kodi (and of course in TMM)

hth
br
Myron
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thank you, Myron,

I am not quite sure to understand it correctly, I will try.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After removing a movie from the db, how to to add it?0