OSMC Skin for Kodi
THIS IS NOT MY WORK. ALL CREDIT GOES TO WHOEVER WORKED ON THE SKIN THAT WORKS ON THE OSMC PROJECT. I THINK HITCHER DID MOST OF THE SKINNING WORK.

I just want people to know about this project/skin because it looks the best i've seen that currently works and we can use :]

You guys should really check out the OSMC skin.

Keep in mind these are not HD images, I took them with my phone :p.

Home screen:

Movie scrolling:

Movie info:

Tv show scrolling:

Tv show season view:

episode view:

I really hope I helped some of you out :]. I've been waiting for an amazing clean simple skin. And this is it.

Here the link to the github to the OSMC skin: https://github.com/samnazarko/osmc/tree/...odi/addons

And heres a link to the OSMC project: https://osmc.tv/

Enjoy!
Looks very nice!
Looks great! I can't seem to customise the home menu through the skin settings though. Has anyone managed to do this? How?
Please bear in mind that it's nowhere near finished.
I realised I was missing some dependencies. Working flawlessly after installing them

@Hitcher will do! But I have to say, using the skin from your repo is really really slick! Would be great to have the skin in a GitHub repo of its own

Absolutely great work!
(2015-03-15, 13:33)Hitcher Wrote: Please bear in mind that it's nowhere near finished.

I realized a few things don't work properly, like you said its not finished yet Smile. I'd just like to point out if you don't already know that its not working properly. When you scroll through movies say to letter g. Then go to your TV shows, it will go from the top of the list that you left it at to some TV show that starts with g :p. Also you should make episode images that are 400x300 be risized/cut down to 400x225. That is what bignoid did to his aeon NOx skin, and it just feels a lot cleaner. Also he has an alphabetical letter when scrolling fast through your media in the top right corner, so you know when you've hit a certain letter its really helpful and I think it would be a great addition Smile. Just a couple suggestions. Great work hitcher Smile
Bummed the ftv thread has been closed, I enjoyed the updates. I guess it's the curse of open source entitlement Sad
(2015-03-15, 19:28)Oath Wrote: I realized a few things don't work properly, like you said its not finished yet Smile. I'd just like to point out if you don't already know that its not working properly. When you scroll through movies say to letter g. Then go to your TV shows, it will go from the top of the list that you left it at to some TV show that starts with g :p.

That sounds more like a view save state problem with Kodi.
I know it's great to share things but shouldn't Hitcher have been the one to decide if this was ready for posting here?
(2015-03-17, 03:44)Sranshaft Wrote: I know it's great to share things but shouldn't Hitcher have been the one to decide if this was ready for posting here?

Its an open source project. And its a whole other project, even if it is using kodi.
(2015-03-18, 11:47)Oath Wrote:
(2015-03-17, 03:44)Sranshaft Wrote: I know it's great to share things but shouldn't Hitcher have been the one to decide if this was ready for posting here?

Its an open source project. And its a whole other project, even if it is using kodi.
Yeah but common courtesy says you ask permission, just saying.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
It's fine by me but don't expect me to reply to any bugs, etc.
(2015-03-18, 12:00)Hitcher Wrote: It's fine by me but don't expect me to reply to any bugs, etc.

With that in mind, would you benefit from having testers post bug reports / feedback in here or is the skin still at such an early stage that this would be premature?

I've been using this as my main skin for a few days now, really loving it! (but still has some infancy issues, but that is to be expected)
Sad to see you change the repo to private, but with the discussion climate on this sub lately I really understand it.
I don't have it in a repo. Huh

IMO there's no point in bug reports this early as it's still mostly Conq and all that will get rewritten anyway, and what is done is still going to change.
You had your own fork of osmc with a better skin version than the main repo (until they merge your pr) but now I can't access your fork.
Anyway, will be exciting to see this evolve!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC Skin for Kodi3