OSMC Skin for Kodi
Ah, that one. I simply deleted it as GitHub/GitHub for Windows hates me. Wink
(2015-03-15, 17:21)hsus Wrote: I realised I was missing some dependencies. Working flawlessly after installing them

@Hitcher will do! But I have to say, using the skin from your repo is really really slick! Would be great to have the skin in a GitHub repo of its own

Absolutely great work!

Hsus,

How did you fix the deppendencies? I want to test out the skin... Thanks!
(2015-04-17, 15:46)ejezuba Wrote:
(2015-03-15, 17:21)hsus Wrote: I realised I was missing some dependencies. Working flawlessly after installing them

@Hitcher will do! But I have to say, using the skin from your repo is really really slick! Would be great to have the skin in a GitHub repo of its own

Absolutely great work!

Hsus,

How did you fix the deppendencies? I want to test out the skin... Thanks!

Me too..
Instead of just installing the skin from the link in the original post, install all the admins listed there and the skin should work (link https://github.com/samnazarko/osmc/tree/...odi/addons )
Oh and you can also use the skin from hitchers own repo to get a more updated branch, albeit a branch that's probably a bit less stable: https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.osmc

I use the skin on my ouya and since it can be a hassle getting files back and forth I wrote a small script to do it for me (note, I'm using SPMC instead of regular KODI), this should work with any android device with network adb enabled. Obviously you need to input your own device IP, but thought this might prove useful for someone:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash

ECHO GETTING SKIN.OSMC
git clone https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.osmc.git
ECHO DONE

ECHO CONNECT TO THE OUYA
adb connect OUYAIP
ECHO DONE

ECHO MOVE FILES TO SPMC
adb push skin.osmc /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.spmc/addons/skin.osmc
ECHO DONE

ECHO REMOVE THE OSMC TEMP FILES
rm -rf skin.osmc
ECHO DONE
ECHO FINISHED!
@Hitcher the last few updates to the skin have introduced a darker look with a smaller font that seems heavier. This seems to closer match the look on osmc's official website, I'm aware that this is a very early version of the skin I can't help but feel this is not really a step in the right direction - Will a lighter look be introduced as an option, or the old font (and size) be brought back or is this simply where the skin is headed?
Oh well, kudos for keeping the repo open, it's cool to see the skin growing into its full version
There were complaints the font was now too big and people couldn't tell what was focused hence the reason for the changes. Seems we can't please everyone no matter what we do! Anyway I've stepped down from this as I need a break.
(2015-05-15, 09:31)Hitcher Wrote: There were complaints the font was now too big and people couldn't tell what was focused hence the reason for the changes. Seems we can't please everyone no matter what we do! Anyway I've stepped down from this as I need a break.
Thats a shame as you do great work. It seems to me that skinning is hard work, the 'customers' are extremely demanding and the thanks are minimal. Just so you know, thanks from me.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Oh I see, a shame to hear that you've stepped down, you're undoubtedly one of the most talented skinners there are - and one of the most productive - enjoy the break!

Any idea of who will be carrying the project forward?
Has there been any updated on what truly looks like a great skin? Any chance to ever see this in the official repo?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I'm coming into this conversation way late, but I use OSMC on my Raspberry Pi 2 and absolutely love it, and now I want to get the same great user experience on Kodi on my Mac... Can't quite work out how to install this skin from the GitHub tho.... Any ideas anyone??
(2016-04-12, 15:15)peanutismint Wrote: I'm coming into this conversation way late, but I use OSMC on my Raspberry Pi 2 and absolutely love it, and now I want to get the same great user experience on Kodi on my Mac... Can't quite work out how to install this skin from the GitHub tho.... Any ideas anyone??

Exactly the same here.

Recently rolled OSMC out to a Pi i keep on one TV downstairs... My main two machines are a MacMini in the front room (doing all the file-sharing, and with a regularly updated Kodi setup) and then a Pi2 in the bedroom, which is primarily running RetroPie, but with Kodi added on top.

As such, I am desperate to get the lovely 'clean' feel of OSMC onto my other machines. I have tried The Hitcher direct github downloads, but there seems to be a lot missing and it doesnt look right!!

I had thought one of his other skins (e.g. conq/FTV) were very similar and might be ok to use, but FTV doesnt support mouse and conq doesnt look quite right without a full-size list on the front page.

If there was a nice 'official' OSMC skin to roll out onto every machine i'd be very grateful! (happy to make a donation for such work!)
(2015-03-15, 13:33)Hitcher Wrote: Please bear in mind that it's nowhere near finished.
(2015-03-20, 01:14)Hitcher Wrote: IMO there's no point in bug reports this early as it's still mostly Conq and all that will get rewritten anyway, and what is done is still going to change.
(2015-05-15, 09:31)Hitcher Wrote: Anyway I've stepped down from this as I need a break.
(2016-05-02, 16:39)Hitcher Wrote:
(2015-03-15, 13:33)Hitcher Wrote: Please bear in mind that it's nowhere near finished.
(2015-03-20, 01:14)Hitcher Wrote: IMO there's no point in bug reports this early as it's still mostly Conq and all that will get rewritten anyway, and what is done is still going to change.
(2015-05-15, 09:31)Hitcher Wrote: Anyway I've stepped down from this as I need a break.

Hi Hitcher

Appreciate the break aspect and all. Apologies for enquiring, as the post is kind of old (almost a year) and don't want to appear 'hassling' .... just curious to know if anything had changed since!

I will probably just try and tamper with the XML files myself to make it 'work' in a way I like Smile

Cheers for doing all the leg-work though!
I stepped down from developing this skin some time ago.

They've since changed the design and got a new skinner so this version is dead.

https://github.com/fastcolors/skin.osmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC Skin for Kodi3