• 3(current)
Associate online and locally stored Movie Trailers to Video Library Database Items?
The trailer idea hasnt really been disregarded but its more of a convenience idea.. since most use apple trailers its kinda foolish to have it in 2 areas.
HarshReality Wrote:The trailer idea hasnt really been disregarded but its more of a convenience idea.. since most use apple trailers its kinda foolish to have it in 2 areas.

I can understand that. It would be nice to have a local collection though accessed from the movie info page. But best, it would be very nice to be able to have trailers playing (like visualisations) while you have music playing.
I would love to have a trailers option built into the movie info page. Possibly even have it download trailers that I dont have.

I have my system setup with 3 xbox's and over 400+ movies, and so many friends come over and watch movies but we cant always tell if its good from the movie info.

I cant use apple trailers as the internet is so bad in my house her in Manila.

it takes me 4+ days to download 1 700mb movie. its worse than dialup!! Thats why i never delete a movie.
I was wondering whether it is possible already, or maybe in the future, to link movies to a trailer. (and it would be even better if the AMT-Script for example did this automaticly)

For example, you would be able to open the submenu on a movie and select play trailer. This way it is not needed to go to the AMT-plugin and search for the trailer.

Another option would be that there is a search-cmd in the submenu of the movie, 'Search for Trailer' and then it automaticly uses the AMT-db and looks for the movie according to the movie-name already in the database.
well thats what this whole thread is about. It isn´t possible yet right now, and the devs don´t want to code it, but if somebody submits a patch, they aren´t against including it. If you or a friend can code and could figure it out, there´d be many gratefull people, but until you or somebody else codes this up themselves, no its not possible.
Instead of actually linkink the two what about just modify the AMT script so that it can be passed movie info and then have a menu item that will call AMT with the current selected movie? This make sense?
nate12o6 Wrote:Instead of actually linkink the two what about just modify the AMT script so that it can be passed movie info and then have a menu item that will call AMT with the current selected movie? This make sense?

With the amt plugin, this would actually be pretty reasonable. However, it would still need to be added into xbmc svn to allow this capability in the context menu....then again, I bet it could be added to the Video Info screen easily enough using nothing but a script that would automatically search for the library name and play the first result that comes up....actually, (I don´t know anything about python) but it seems like this could be done without too much work..
it be very simple, i don't know about matches though.

You get skinners to add the optional button in video info dialog and i'll write the script.

But until skinners do. I'm not going to waste my time.

You could always modify the Movie Theater plugin to play only the trailer that matched the current selected movie, but then it would have to automatically play the movie also or it wouldn't work the way i think people want it to.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Nuka1195 Wrote:it be very simple, i don't know about matches though.

You get skinners to add the optional button in video info dialog and i'll write the script.

But until skinners do. I'm not going to waste my time.

You could always modify the Movie Theater plugin to play only the trailer that matched the current selected movie, but then it would have to automatically play the movie also or it wouldn't work the way i think people want it to.

Perhaps a dialog could pop up allowing you to choose when there´s more than one match, and then it would remember that choice from then on?
Lightbulb 
While this could maybe be done soley with a python script I think that it would possible be a nicer interface if it was implemented nativly in XBMC's "Video Info" screen in a similar way to the plugins API, so one or several 'scraper' plugin could be written to grab the URL(s) for the trailers. Maybe even the option to save/download trailers via that "Video Info" screen, (for those with to slow internet connection to watch the stream 'live' or just for those who wish to keep it cached locally).

More ideas about this feature suggestion could be found here => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=26186

...it would also be nice if it could be possible to view locally stored 'off-line' trailer file, like suggested in this feature suggestions topic thread => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=22138

Quote:Suggested naming-cenvesion for locally stored 'off-line' trailer files:
Movie_Name.avi
Movie_Name.nfo
Movie_Name.tbn
Movie_Name.Trailer.mov (THIS IS THE TRAILER)

You could even have multiple trailers like:
Movie_Name.avi
Movie_Name.nfo
Movie_Name.tbn
Movie_Name.Trailer1.mov (THIS IS THE FIRST TRAILER)
Movie_Name.Trailer2.avi (THIS IS THE SECOND TRAILER)
Movie_Name.Trailer3.mkv (THIS IS THE THIRD TRAILER)
PS! It would be great if viewing trailers from the "Video Info" screen would not only be available from library-mode but also from the file-mode. I see no reason for it to be limited to library-mode if implemented as suggested above.

My 2 cents Big Grin
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I hope that this feature request is still alive - trailers really help with getting excited about watching a movie when there is so much selection.
Whether it turns out to be a good or bad movie is irrelavant. Don LaFontaine's voice over in movie trailers is all part of the movie experience - and certainly this would be a feature that continually sets XBMC high and above all other Media Centers in the market.

Has anyone considered scrapping the trailers from http://www.alltrailers.net/movie-trailers/
This site appears to have more trailers than IMDB, and an easier file path to follow (somewhat like zSori's TVDB)
I'm definitely still hoping this gets implemented. That looks like a good site, but not many different movies really. I think what's putting off anybody on working on this is the fact that if we scrape through IMDB, it's hidden deep through many links and all it does is link to other pages, and the IMDB page changes fairly frequently, and who knows how much the pages it links to change. However, the benefit of IMDB is that it's already part of your library, XBMC would know exactly which entry of IMDB to go to. With a 3rd party site like alltrailers.net, it DOESN'T know which entry to go to, and therefore could potentially end showing you a trailer for different movie with an identical or a similar name. However, with the 3rd party one like this it may be easier to maintain and scrape from to begin with. So, I think thats the problem we're faced with. Personally, I would love it even if it made mistakes now and then.
http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=alexander

That contains an imdb link so you can perfectly match movie > trailer without concerns of mismatched items.
I think it would be nice to check the movie info and if Apple offers a trailer, to have a "View Trailer" option on the left side menu, along with Cast, Refresh, etc. What do you guys think?
I think its already been done. I remember hearing something about this a bit ago.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate online and locally stored Movie Trailers to Video Library Database Items?1