• 4(current)
Associate online and locally stored Movie Trailers to Video Library Database Items?
wildonrio Wrote:I think it would be nice to check the movie info and if Apple offers a trailer, to have a "View Trailer" option on the left side menu, along with Cast, Refresh, etc. What do you guys think?

Sounds easy enough Smile why not give it a go Wink

EDIT: oh someone already did... "PLEASE USE SEARCH"

Revision: 11432
Author: C-Quel
Date: 22:51:08, 27 January 2008
Message: added: trailers links now scraped via imdb... access them via dialogvideoinfo.
C-Quel... is it possible to add a "Browse for trailer" option in XBMC somewhere? I want to download and store trailers that might not be available on IMDB.

Would I be able to specify a local path in the nfo file using the <trailer></trailer> tags? I'd still prefer some GUI method, but using nfo would be sufficient for now. I might be able to modify the scraper to do it as well, right?

Just poking around for ideas on this. Smile Thanks.
szsori Wrote:C-Quel... is it possible to add a "Browse for trailer" option in XBMC somewhere? I want to download and store trailers that might not be available on IMDB.

Would I be able to specify a local path in the nfo file using the <trailer></trailer> tags? I'd still prefer some GUI method, but using nfo would be sufficient for now. I might be able to modify the scraper to do it as well, right?

Just poking around for ideas on this. Smile Thanks.

"Custom Trailer" <onclick>Skin.SetFile(string,mask,folderpath)</onclick>
then use Skin.String(string)
szsori Wrote:Would I be able to specify a local path in the nfo file using the <trailer></trailer> tags? I'd still prefer some GUI method, but using nfo would be sufficient for now.
I do not think that is possible yet but see these ideas on how (non-internet) "Associated Movie Trailers" could possibly be done:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=22138

Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks. Smile
yes, local paths would work just fine
12461: added: support for local trailer files. moviename-trailer.avi
spiff_ on Thu Apr 03 11:11:16 PDT 2008

Thanks Spiff!! I've been wanting this for a while. Now, does anyone know of an app that will scan a movie directory and automatically download a trailer for each movie from apple?
Excellent, spiff. I've been wanting this for a while as well.
Thumbs Up 
Thank you very much spiff for implementing this! Cool

PS! is it hardcoded to moviename-trailer.avi or can we use:
moviename.trailer.avi and moviename_trailer.avi as well?

...or will there be a regex setting in advancedsettings.xml for more?

[EDIT]: oh, and what about multiple trailers (moviename-trailer.avi, moviename-trailer2.avi, moviename-trailer3.avi, etc.)? Huh

Gamester17 Wrote:I would prefer a naming convesion that also worked on other platforms, like:

Movie_Name.avi
Movie_Name.nfo
Movie_Name.tbn
Movie_Name.Trailer.avi (THIS IS THE TRAILER)

You could even have multiple trailers like:
Movie_Name.avi
Movie_Name.nfo
Movie_Name.tbn
Movie_Name.Trailer1.avi (THIS IS THE FIRST TRAILER)
Movie_Name.Trailer2.avi (THIS IS THE SECOND TRAILER)
Movie_Name.Trailer3.avi (THIS IS THE THIRD TRAILER)
Best would probably be if both those naming-standards worked by default Rolleyes
hardcoded atm.
single trailer.
i just did this as a nudge to jezz_x i have no plans on extending it (but i'd be fine if anyone else wanted to change my 5 min job)
I admit it would be nice to have multiple trailers if anybody were to step up for task
Problem with multi trailers is playing them would need extra code to let you pick since we only have 1 button in a ver over crowded dialog as it allready is

spiff never answered my question of if the trailers get ignored on library scan or if they will show up as a copy of the movie

Guess I really should try it since he did it for me but been real busy Sad
He answered on IRC - they get ignored.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:He answered on IRC - they get ignored.

Indeed he did after I posted guess I should of edited my post Smile ignored they are
THANK YOU!!! spiff for implementing this
simply renamed downloaded Apple Movie Trailer (.mov) to moviename-trailer.avi added to the movie directory and refreshed the Movie Information for specific movie and the Trailer was added right away (shows up in Movie Information for specific movie)

Now to add bugman72's "MyVideoNav.xml"
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=trailer

Maybe billyad2000 will add trailer downloads to his IMDB scraper or XBMCDB tool
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33559

FYI I tested on XBMC-LINUX 13190
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Associate online and locally stored Movie Trailers to Video Library Database Items?1