• 149(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
@UsefulG, LOL.

@Skank, agree w/all yours, except 'Frozen'. Had expected this to be great in 3D, imported disc from UK, and except for the scene in which Elsa creates that ice bridge during "Let it Go", I found the rest of the movie medium 3D at best.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Mmm maybe.. Although the snow and at the end chapter it rocks
What the hell.
Look at this
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2220906

Is it possible? Is that top/bttom or full 3d..
That is in kodi
Damn did they do it?
That's a development thread, the post isn't very old. Looks like a windows decoder? msdk-mvc? Frankly I don't know quite what it's showing!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-01-24, 19:37)Skank Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 21:53)movie78 Wrote: Enchanted Kingdom (2014) 3D with ATMOS is a must watch

I dont know that one.. Not the movie, not the 3d and not the atmos
Can you comment on all three?

A 3d list would be great, perhaps split from this topic?
Did you get a chance to get a hold of one the DOLBY ATMOS demo disc,well Enchanted Kingdom is like Leaf Demo on crack.

Rainstorm and thunderstorms coming from the ceiling speakers plus 3D,amazing.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-01-25, 00:01)nickr Wrote: That's a development thread, the post isn't very old. Looks like a windows decoder? msdk-mvc? Frankly I don't know quite what it's showing!
@afedchin's screenshot is from the 3D MVC clip I uploaded to my Google Drive & shared in the wiki here. Maybe Koying can let us know what's we're seeing... seems like a TAB/HOU render like what WeTek Core w/wrxtasy's MVC OE build is already doing w/Koying's MVC hack; also on S905 boxes like Zidoo X5 (under Android) & Beelink Mini MX (also under OE). So, far none of these have been able to combine the two halves into a proper 3D picture. And, although full MVC decode, it's half-rez 3D render.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
So Nvidia is a sponsor of Kodi. And Nvidia makes video cards. Yet no video card can properly reproduce MVC 3D, no matter the gaming/rendering/additional graphics card features nor price. Guess Nvidia doesn't want our money.
Welcome to the 3D madness, me,@hdmkv,@Skank and @Loum etc..have been fighting this battle for a long time.
Hope you here to stay.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-01-25, 02:03)Dave the Minion Wrote: So Nvidia is a sponsor of Kodi. And Nvidia makes video cards. Yet no video card can properly reproduce MVC 3D, no matter the gaming/rendering/additional graphics card features nor price. Guess Nvidia doesn't want our money.

i think they all are capable of mvc decoding in windows, just not in kodi, only in programs like powerDVD or similar. its the ffmpeg that doesnt support decoding of mvc from what i gathered (all way over my head of course tho)
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-25, 02:30)dukester Wrote: i think they all are capable of mvc decoding in windows, just not in kodi, only in programs like powerDVD or similar. its the ffmpeg that doesnt support decoding of mvc from what i gathered (all way over my head of course tho)

Software decoding is not nor will it ever be the best way to decode MVC properly.There's a reason this thread exists and multiple small devices are discussed which can actually do what Nvidia chooses not to implement in their video cards. If it was as simple as using an external player I'd not have a $35 Pi2 for watching only 3D movies (barely) in a home theater that's cost over 20 grand to build. $1000 video cards that handle 4K gaming on triple monitors can not (by limited design) do what the Pi does for MVC.
(2016-01-24, 17:35)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 01:53)Mylo75 Wrote: Great list hdmkv.

It would be great if we could have the list of the best 3d movies in a sticky or on page 1, because it would be a shame if it got lost in this thread.

A sort of a go to list to find if a film is with seeing in 3d.
Thanks. Took your suggestion & moved list to post #1.

(2016-01-24, 12:39)apgood Wrote: That 2nd last quote is from my testing. The combination of using the latest Crimson drivers and swapping which eye is first fixed the 3D depth issue. Works well for me now.
Trying to follow... this is allowing 3D MVC on Windows natively via Kodi w/o external player? Looks like works with only certain GPU's?
I imagine it would only work if you use the dsplayer fork as it requires MadVR (video renderer) and LAV filters for decoding (& splitter?).

Note: my testing was with jriver MC not Lodi dsplayer. Whoever quoted me got it from the doom9 forum.
(2016-01-25, 00:06)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 19:37)Skank Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 21:53)movie78 Wrote: Enchanted Kingdom (2014) 3D with ATMOS is a must watch

I dont know that one.. Not the movie, not the 3d and not the atmos
Can you comment on all three?

A 3d list would be great, perhaps split from this topic?
Did you get a chance to get a hold of one the DOLBY ATMOS demo disc,well Enchanted Kingdom is like Leaf Demo on crack.

Rainstorm and thunderstorms coming from the ceiling speakers plus 3D,amazing.

cool
Trying to get the 3D working on my Pi2 but I have some issues.
My files are named: The Walk 3D.Bluray.ISO, Sanctum.MVC.Bluray.mkv, etc.

Each time I start a movie I get a pop up like this one:
Even though I have that in options:

Do you guys have to always choose how you want your movie played too or is it just me?

My second issue is that the 3D gives me extremely jagged text:

I've tried to pause the movie and bring the OSD Video option and take the Sharpness to 0 but it didn't change anything.
As you can see if I play the same source in 2D it is not jagged, neither is it on my 3D Bluray player or in 2D with my Windows HTPC.

Is there a setting that I'm missing on both problems?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-01-25, 11:19)ArieS Wrote: Trying to get the 3D working on my Pi2 but I have some issues.
My files are named: The Walk 3D.Bluray.ISO, Sanctum.MVC.Bluray.mkv, etc.

Each time I start a movie I get a pop up like this one:
Even though I have that in options:

Do you guys have to always choose how you want your movie played too or is it just me?

My second issue is that the 3D gives me extremely jagged text:

I've tried to pause the movie and bring the OSD Video option and take the Sharpness to 0 but it didn't change anything.
As you can see if I play the same source in 2D it is not jagged, neither is it on my 3D Bluray player or in 2D with my Windows HTPC.

Is there a setting that I'm missing on both problems?

what build or version of OpenElec?

i cant see any of those above photos myself
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Milhouse 0118
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
  • 149(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17