• 151(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2016-01-26, 15:28)popcornmix Wrote: You should be able to name then .3D.SBS.iso or .3D.TAB.iso (from http://kodi.wiki/view/3D#Video_filenames_flags).
If using my newclock5 branch then .3D.MVC.iso is also valid.

.3D.iso has never been a valid 3D filename tag.
The wiki also says "You can customize these regular expressions through the Advancedsettings.xml file."

Possible to specify .3D.MVC as a universal Kodi tag somehow?... so that a build w/your newclock5 branch isn't necessary (I'm thinking w/ARM Kodi16 here on HiMedia Q5/H8 or any Android 3D box).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
I just named for ex nemo.iso to nemo.3d.iso and it just works with q5
I get a 3d cover as well
Here's mine and movie isn't tagged as 3D in Kodi for me:

If I do similar to above, but w/.TAB or .SBS in the movie & NFO filenames, then Kodi marks them as 3D. Actual playback of all my 3D videos is in 3D mode, so all this is just about proper tagging for sorting purposes, or creating smart playlists.
My HT
(2016-01-26, 14:00)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 13:54)ArieS Wrote: In this example this is part of the video, the opening credits.
Tonight I watched The Martian in 3D and the text from his camcorder, the forced subs for the Chinese parts were all jagged. It really looks like it's over sharpened... I could always upload a small sample of the opening credits of The Walk and you can check if it's jagged for you too?

Sure - provide a sample and I'll have a look into it.
Ok bud, here's the sample: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4DPDmH...sp=sharing

Edit: Seems I had a prob with the link b4...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-01-26, 22:46)hdmkv Wrote: Here's mine and movie isn't tagged as 3D in Kodi for me:

If I do similar to above, but w/.TAB or .SBS in the movie & NFO filenames, then Kodi marks them as 3D. Actual playback of all my 3D videos is in 3D mode, so all this is just about proper tagging for sorting purposes, or creating smart playlists.

Add .3d to folder also
That was suggested by someone earlier & thought I read it didn't work... will try it, thanks.

looun just e-mailed me a short demo of a new UyeSee Hisilicon 3798M S1000 box, which appears to show full BD-Java menus supported. A UyeSee sales guy had recently contacted me, but had said no plans to release product outside China. Anyway, have contacted him back to ask about this box as it certainly looks intriguing...

My HT
(2016-01-26, 23:08)Skank Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 22:46)hdmkv Wrote: Here's mine and movie isn't tagged as 3D in Kodi for me:

Add .3d to folder also
Doesn't only the naming of the file matter and not the folder?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
That is a strange video as it shows some sort of menu, but I am wonder if that is like a launching menu. AS it loads that almost instantly but when he hits play you can see the player then launching another application to play the video.
Yes, the menu looks too basic for the kind we see on most recent Blu-rays.
My HT
(2016-01-26, 23:28)hdmkv Wrote: That was suggested by someone earlier & thought I read it didn't work... will try it, thanks.

looun just e-mailed me a short demo of a new UyeSee Hisilicon 3798M S1000 box, which appears to show full BD-Java menus supported. A UyeSee sales guy had recently contacted me, but had said no plans to release product outside China. Anyway, have contacted him back to ask about this box as it certainly looks intriguing...

You dont see much of the menu
But its cool it works
Anway
Very nice product
Its the same chip as the new himedia q10
But only 45$ , whats difference then with himedia, which will cost a lot more probably

Also other nice feature is the option for subtitles to grab them... during play

It seems they finally see what the mediaplayer market wants
(2016-01-27, 14:31)Skank Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 23:28)hdmkv Wrote: That was suggested by someone earlier & thought I read it didn't work... will try it, thanks.

You dont see much of the menu
But its cool it works
Anway
Very nice product
Its the same chip as the new himedia q10
But only 45$ , whats difference then with himedia, which will cost a lot more probably

Also other nice feature is the option for subtitles to grab them... during play

It seems they finally see what the mediaplayer market wants

Keeping our hopes up for that box is a recipe for disaster, i mean the thing froze up during review and most of the 4k video playback looked choppy as can be.. i think theres about 1% chance this box fits the bill with HD audio and frame packed 3D Kodi playback.

The best thing would be to get framepacking working with intel hardware like the guy in the dev forum section, honestly i think hes got the right idea. HD audio, perfect framerate capabilities, 10bit HEVC decode coming in the next revision of cpu.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-01-27, 14:31)Skank Wrote:

- on video there are not any menu about "picture quality" like himedia , sò i am not secure that video player app is optimized for hisilicon video engine.
- less port... less price.
- not very nice user interface

the most interesting thing is graphic BD menu ( not like lite-menu ) , if not i am in wrong
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
looun & I are in contact with UyeSee; offered our help to test, provide feedback, review, whatever... WyeSee Wink if they decide to jump in. Maybe a cheaper alternative to HiMedia.
My HT
For the love of 3D can someone a hardware like the Raspberry Pi that support Bitstream Audio(for Immersive Audio lover)

Every new update is making the Raspberry Pi better and better,for playing 3D MVC probably the best Kodi box out there.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Have you guys seen the Pine64? (http://pine64.com/). It's basically like an upgraded Raspberry PI, with Android support and 4K HEVC decoding. I emailed them about MVC support and they said they're working on supporting it. Hopefully they follow through and this could possibly play 3D bluray rips as well as UHD bluray rips.
  • 151(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17